VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Almost 79,000 views. Gotta be a record. And I dont think any of us needed the visual of paying out the butt. Cha-ching.

Besides pointing out that those are the same movies they were showing when it was on, Monsters was by far the best Voom channel. You can't hold up one that was doing it right, though, when at least 10 of them sucked. I could give you the schedule for World Sports too if you like.

Yep, me too! It sure would be nice to see some of the VOOM channels pop-up on FiOS TV this summer. Heck, if VOOM were smart, they would make all channels available to D* and Cable free of charge for a one year trial offer. The only one not showing VOOM would be E*.

Rainbow just needs to get it through their thick heads that NOBODY wants to take on their entire package. You pick out the best ones (for me, only Monsters and Voom Movies) and offer them a la carte. Because it's true, when it comes to substance, very few of the Voom channels qualify. Heck, I think Rainbow could do quite well with just Monsters as a compliment to their other non-Voom channels. If they invested all of their potential revenue from the other suck channels into Monsters, I cringe at the possibilities.

Oh well, it's a pipedream and Voom will probably be a non-entity after the trial. If that's the case, I hope Rainbow sells their HD content from Monsters to Mark Cuban. ;)

Ironically the main thing that's keeping me from leaving Dish Network at the moment is ... VOOM. ;)
I have too many VOOM programs and movies recorded on my DVR and the external hard drive, which I would hate to lose!

Rainbow just needs to get it through their thick heads that NOBODY wants to take on their entire package. You pick out the best ones (for me, only Monsters and Voom Movies) and offer them a la carte. Because it's true, when it comes to substance, very few of the Voom channels qualify. Heck, I think Rainbow could do quite well with just Monsters as a compliment to their other non-Voom channels. If they invested all of their potential revenue from the other suck channels into Monsters, I cringe at the possibilities.

Oh well, it's a pipedream and Voom will probably be a non-entity after the trial. If that's the case, I hope Rainbow sells their HD content from Monsters to Mark Cuban. ;)

I agree. Monstershd was by far the best Voom channel IMO. If somehow they could bring it back and sell it to other providers I think it would be very popular. Could they do that and keep it running commercial free? I'm a huge horror movie fan and have only tuned to Chiller for about 5 minutes since E* added it. I also think E* knows that Monsters is a popular channel and they probably would welcome it back without the other Voom stuff. Somehow I think Monsters will live on somewhere in the future. Monsters has some very dedicated fans that would switch providers in a second if it was offered soley based on that channel.

MonstersHD, perhaps was the most popular channel, but other VOOM channels had their audiences too.

Personally, I almost never watched Monsters, but FilmFest and WorldCinema were some of my most favorite movie channels on Dish; WorlSportHD with its weekly live soccer matches from Spain in HD, for me was worth the price alone; Equator and Gallery had some great programming that I really enjoyed; Rave was by far the best music channel of them all (for my taste, anyway); my wife was addicted to UltraHD and is now so upset about not being able to see the latest fashion shows; I didn't watch GamePlay, but I know people who loved it, the same can be said abot RushHD.

VOOM was a collection of niche channels, each of them appeling to a small audience. However, in combination they atracted a rather diverce group of people: each finding something to his/her liking. That was the concept. Most of these channels would probably have not survived on their own. But as a bundle, they have lasted for almost five years. They would've lasted much longer if Dish had not dropped the contract...

Please go to another thread!

You mean they failed twice in five years.

Not sure why you are on this thread?? Just to piss people off???

Please bring your negativity elsewhere.

People like me miss our Voom programming. Why some on this forum

feel its important to make us feel worse is beyond me??:confused:

Not sure why you are on this thread?? Just to piss people off???

Please bring your negativity elsewhere.

People like me miss our Voom programming. Why some on this forum

feel its important to make us feel worse is beyond me??:confused:

I come to this thread for a laugh. The same 10 people posting the same thing over and over.

The post I commented about made it sound like an accomplishment that Voom lasted for almost five years. In reality they have failed as a stand alone service and on Dish in that time frame.

People need to stop crying over the death of voom on dish. It was vooms fault. The channels were to different to each other. it seems like most people loved 1 or 2 channels, but not all 15 I loved Monstershd for the first couple of months, but then I saw most of their content. I would then only watch it once or twice a week and eventually less than that. Rave was cool but they only had 4 or 5 shows that interested me and no new content. I would watch Rush every now and then but they repeated more than the other channels. If voom kept me interested with new programming maybe I wouldn't have dropped to the lower package. Apparently they didn't keep many people interested.

If you want to be mad at somebody be mad at Voom. They did this to you. They let you down.:D

Oh yeah, look at all that repeating garbage!!!!! <extreme sarcasm>

VOOM: MONSTERS HD Schedule

:river

Your views have changed since Voom was taken off of Dish.

Considering they've been recycling about the same 15-20 movies over and over for the past 6 or 7 months, there's a lot they could bring back.

I did see that they're bringing back a few of the Frankenstein moves in May, but not the original. Hopefully over the next few months they will bring back the movies that got everyone hooked on this channel in the first place (I really want Creepshow, The Burning, Madman, House, Killer Klowns, My Bloody Valentine, and The Gate back) - there was a time when they would play all of those within a week's span. Hopefully that's the plan again, eventually.

Cv

I come to this thread for a laugh. The same 10 people posting the same thing over and over.

The post I commented about made it sound like an accomplishment that Voom lasted for almost five years. In reality they have failed as a stand alone service and on Dish in that time frame.

People need to stop crying over the death of voom on dish. It was vooms fault. The channels were to different to each other. it seems like most people loved 1 or 2 channels, but not all 15 I loved Monstershd for the first couple of months, but then I saw most of their content. I would then only watch it once or twice a week and eventually less than that. Rave was cool but they only had 4 or 5 shows that interested me and no new content. I would watch Rush every now and then but they repeated more than the other channels. If voom kept me interested with new programming maybe I wouldn't have dropped to the lower package. Apparently they didn't keep many people interested.

If you want to be mad at somebody be mad at Voom. They did this to you. They let you down.:D

Cable Vision did screw up twice. They continued to not invest in the product they had so twice they killed a unique source of income. BTW Rave did keep having new episodes of "Later, with Jools Holland". I saw some Soundstages come out on Rave before they hit PBS.

Ironically the main thing that's keeping me from leaving Dish Network at the moment is ... VOOM. ;)
I have too many VOOM programs and movies recorded on my DVR and the external hard drive, which I would hate to lose!

Why not capture them on DVD's? It is what I did........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)