VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You mean they failed twice in five years.

No, I mean I've been watching them for almost five years. Since 2003.
If those channels were offered separately, I probably wouldn't be able to get some of them. That was my point.

I come to this thread for a laugh. The same 10 people posting the same thing over and over.

The post I commented about made it sound like an accomplishment that Voom lasted for almost five years. In reality they have failed as a stand alone service and on Dish in that time frame.

People need to stop crying over the death of voom on dish. It was vooms fault. The channels were to different to each other. it seems like most people loved 1 or 2 channels, but not all 15 I loved Monstershd for the first couple of months, but then I saw most of their content. I would then only watch it once or twice a week and eventually less than that. Rave was cool but they only had 4 or 5 shows that interested me and no new content. I would watch Rush every now and then but they repeated more than the other channels. If voom kept me interested with new programming maybe I wouldn't have dropped to the lower package. Apparently they didn't keep many people interested.

If you want to be mad at somebody be mad at Voom. They did this to you. They let you down.:D

Just because Voom "failed" over their tenure and it's their fault (as far as we know), doesn't mean people can't miss the content. Do you honestly think Dish's lineup is better without Voom? We all know it had nothing to do with capacity, so theoretically, Voom could have coexisted with the new national channels.

It's better to have more HD channels...Some of us prefer actual HD, instead of HD lite. Removing content never makes a lineup better and that's what you're insinuating. Removing popular channels like Monsters, Voom Movies, and Rave for obscure "HD" channels is a good move?

I am not blaming Dish...In fact, the more I hear, the more I agree with them. I am questioning people like you who somehow think removing true HD content is a good idea. The dead horse has been beaten on Voom, as is your argument that their schedule was repeat-city. It most certainly isn't today and I will refer you to Starz if you want to watch repeats.

What channels (more specifically the new ones) do watch, praytell?

It's funny that these guys did nothing but cry about some Voomers going into threads and discussing Voom but you see they can't stay away from the Voom thread. Though KAB to his credit is being civil.

It's funny that these guys did nothing but cry about some Voomers going into threads and discussing Voom but you see they can't stay away from the Voom thread. Though KAB to his credit is being civil.
Well, you just had to go and ruin it for you, didn't you?:D

Its hard not to look, since its always under "New Posts"
But Its still just the same old repeating content. Just like Voom.

Voom is the best thing E* ever had. Though for a stretch of about 6 months they did repeat the same stuff over and over and over again. During regular Voom operations I don't think they repeated material more than any other national channel. HDNet Movies repeats some too. MGM has just been a big piece of crap. Too bad they have a lot of good stuff much like UHD they refuse to show it.

Voom is the best thing E* ever had. Though for a stretch of about 6 months they did repeat the same stuff over and over and over again. During regular Voom operations I don't think they repeated material more than any other national channel. HDNet Movies repeats some too. MGM has just been a big piece of crap. Too bad they have a lot of good stuff much like UHD they refuse to show it.

According to Voom's filing, Dish TOLD THEM TO SHOW ALL THE RERUNS to be in compliance with the contract. I don't understand it all, but based upon Dish's track record with being sued and Voom's, I believe Voom over dish completely.

I could see Dish make an internal decision to drop Voom, tell Voom to follow the contact and show more content (reruns), which would make the product less appealing (indirectly), and then drop them, assuming no one would then care.

MGM has had some good movies, and no commercials (unlike UHD), so it's not a complete waste, though I know they have a huge catalog of excellent movies that haven't shown up yet.

Voom had huge repeat issues the last 6 months they were on. I think they saw issues/trouble coming and a week or so before they were yanked, started working in a lot of new movies and concerts (many are on my EHD's), but by then the writing was on the wall. They dragged their feet too long on getting new programming in the pipe...simple as that.

I miss several of the Voom channels quite a bit and the replacements for them have been, well, less than of equal value (and I'm being kind).

However, much as I missed Rave, Rush, Monsters and Movies, I've also gotten over it now. I've resigned myself to the fact that they're not coming back and have gotten past it.

Life goes on...

MGM has had some good movies, and no commercials (unlike UHD), so it's not a complete waste, though I know they have a huge catalog of excellent movies that haven't shown up yet.

Voom had huge repeat issues the last 6 months they were on. I think they saw issues/trouble coming and a week or so before they were yanked, started working in a lot of new movies and concerts (many are on my EHD's), but by then the writing was on the wall. They dragged their feet too long on getting new programming in the pipe...simple as that.

I miss several of the Voom channels quite a bit and the replacements for them have been, well, less than of equal value (and I'm being kind).

However, much as I missed Rave, Rush, Monsters and Movies, I've also gotten over it now. I've resigned myself to the fact that they're not coming back and have gotten past it.

Life goes on...

I agree about MGM...I have recorded quite a few movies so far. They actually show a few classic horror cheese flicks from time to time (Pumpkinhead, Killer Klowns, The Thing with Two Heads, TerrorVision, and a few Vincent Price flicks). If Dish could somehow get IFC HD (not likely now), it would make up some for the loss, because they repeat a lot of the Voom movie content on that channel.

Now what? The big question is will Voom resurface somewhere else?
What I find astounding is that we hear absolutely ''nothing''.

Im waiting for them to make a statement. Waiting and waiting and still nothing.
Cant they make some deals for those who want their service?

Im waiting to see if they get a national acct. All this time sitting still with dish. I blame them for that. Not being super aggressive with getting new accts.

If people dont want the whole package, sell them what they do want..

Im furious at what dish has done. However Im also frustrated that Voom makes contracts overseas and does bubcus for us in the states.

Voom needs to do something, I wish that they could let someone know something. I would love for them to go somewhere but It seems they want to try to get money from Dish and thats it and be done with Voom. I hope this is not true though.

This Voomer is converting...

Death to Voom!

At this point, Voom has made it impossible for anyone to carry Monsters HD or any of their other channels. It's time for Voom to close up shop, claim bankruptcy or whatever and try to get $1,000,000,000 from Dish.

It's pretty obvious that Voom is digging its heels in for the long run, refusing to do anything that might make a profit as to not loose their Dish lawsuit.

That puts Voom on its death bed (and that's what they want the courts to see). But until it dies, a newer Monsters HD or Rave HD or whatever will not be created.

From the Death of Voom, a new premium commercial free HD Monsters/Sci-Fi channel will rise. The demand and customer audience is there, ready to convert.

Death to Voom!

I say death to dishnetworks for dropping dish and for their poor customer treatment and service! I've switched to Directv and while I am content as there are no options for Voom HD at this time; we will switch to whomever does carry them if they resurface, which I hope they do. The more you give money to dish the more they will not care about Voom and Voomers.

This Voomer is converting...

Death to Voom!

At this point, Voom has made it impossible for anyone to carry Monsters HD or any of their other channels. It's time for Voom to close up shop, claim bankruptcy or whatever and try to get $1,000,000,000 from Dish.

It's pretty obvious that Voom is digging its heels in for the long run, refusing to do anything that might make a profit as to not loose their Dish lawsuit.

That puts Voom on its death bed (and that's what they want the courts to see). But until it dies, a newer Monsters HD or Rave HD or whatever will not be created.

From the Death of Voom, a new premium commercial free HD Monsters/Sci-Fi channel will rise. The demand and customer audience is there, ready to convert.

Death to Voom!

How disheartening to hear you say this. You are however right on some points. Voom is being inflexible. But is this due to the fact that dish broke a contract?
No one ''really'' knows the true facts or who did what here.

All I know is that programming I loved is gone. Period.

No good is coming from this.

I just hope for some more information soon. I am sooooo ready to go anywhere Voom goes, if they go anywhere. I am worried that they are trying to go under and collect money from Dish.

Maybe, maybe not.

How disheartening to hear you say this. You are however right on some points. Voom is being inflexible. But is this due to the fact that dish broke a contract?
No one ''really'' knows the true facts or who did what here.

All I know is that programming I loved is gone. Period.

No good is coming from this.

As far as no good at present this is true. Thing is it may slow Charlie down on his "give a damn" attitude if he looses. But this will not be resolved soon.

I would like a definative from Voom, as in we will never go back to Dish or we are going to go under that way I can switch to another company and not worry if Voom will come back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)