VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Spatch!

You are the biggest looser in this thread. I can understand people who miss Voom and are still posting their grief. I do not understand someone like you who has spent three months attacking Voom lovers and people who come here to talk about TV they LOVE.

You are all about hate and conflict. Clearly you are feeding on the conflict and keeping the sh*t pile stirred by posting Voom vs polls (Ironic that you would start a new Voom thread when you spent months complaining about too many Voom threads). That's a hypocrite IMHO. That verses thread should have been deleted since the rest of us knew there was to be ONE Voom thread.

Spatch - your a looser and you make this forum unpleasant to visit. Who wants to post in a thread to talk about something I enjoy, when I know you are just waiting to attack, stimulate, and feed on conflicts.

Maybe I'll loose my account here for speaking my truth about you and your posts. I don't really care becuase you pretty much have made this board unpleasant to visit anyway.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/member.php?u=7147

Cry me a river. Post all the lies about me you want. If that makes you feel better about the TV you love. Go back through my posts and compare it to what you are accusing me of.

You won't lose your account. You said what you wanted to say and everyone now knows the stance of the other. Back to civility.

See ya
Tony <--- Wants FilmFest/Voom Movies Back!!!

What does that mean? People need to go back and read my posts. They are making much more out of it then it is.

Let get back on topic guys. What new news do we have concerning Voom? The head meeting with shareholders and Voom possibly seeking a contract with D* and other cable systems. I spoke to a CSR today about my hd locals or lack of. I asked her what was going on with Voom. She stated that they are in negotiations??? Not sure if I believe that. She then stated that many people have called and complained. More than what E* expected. She hopes something is worked out quick.

Well, now that the real owners of the "fake" accounts are revealing themselves to be real, the 5 to 6 fake accounts has shrunk to 3 or 4 and now 1 or 2. It was never verified whether these were new users interested in just voting but not interested in doing more than just lurking like many do here. They could have also been relatives of members already here and they registered from the same IP but are actually different people who registered JUST to vote. All accused of being cheaters and fakes with no attempt to verify otherwise. That's just unfortunate to be polite.

As I said, there were a couple of people who were very angry when Voom was taken down. I think one or two of them might have registered another account by what Scott said but he never mentioned who they were. It was insignificant and focusing on them is just a way of denegrating anything Voom related. This might not be the intention but this is the result of the effort nonetheless.

There is an overwhelmingly substantial number of those who felt positive about Voom and understand that Voom is gone and not coming back. They also know that despite the issue of the method to show repeat episodes, Voom provided a unique and as of yet unmatched level of quality HD programming to Dish viewers.

I hope something can be done to salvage the best of what was Voom and provide us the same benefits we liked about Voom in the future. Nothing else on Dish does that now and nothing else out there appears to be able to do that either.

Let get back on topic guys. What new news do we have concerning Voom? The head meeting with shareholders and Voom possibly seeking a contract with D* and other cable systems. I spoke to a CSR today about my hd locals or lack of. I asked her what was going on with Voom. She stated that they are in negotiations??? Not sure if I believe that. She then stated that many people have called and complained. More than what E* expected. She hopes something is worked out quick.

CSR's for Dish and/or Direct have no clue about what is going concerning negotiations or what could be coming our what is in the works. So take anything a CSR says from either company says with a grain of salt on topics like this.

Let get back on topic guys. What new news do we have concerning Voom?

Well, now that the real owners of the "fake" accounts are revealing themselves to be real, the 5 to 6 fake accounts has shrunk to 3 or 4 and now 1 or 2. It was never verified whether these were new users interested in just voting but not interested in doing more than just lurking like many do here. .
Way to get back on topic:p

Well, now that the real owners of the "fake" accounts are revealing themselves to be real, the 5 to 6 fake accounts has shrunk to 3 or 4 and now 1 or 2. It was never verified whether these were new users interested in just voting but not interested in doing more than just lurking like many do here. They could have also been relatives of members already here and they registered from the same IP but are actually different people who registered JUST to vote. All accused of being cheaters and fakes with no attempt to verify otherwise. That's just unfortunate to be polite.

As I said, there were a couple of people who were very angry when Voom was taken down. I think one or two of them might have registered another account by what Scott said but he never mentioned who they were. It was insignificant and focusing on them is just a way of denegrating anything Voom related. This might not be the intention but this is the result of the effort nonetheless.

There is an overwhelmingly substantial number of those who felt positive about Voom and understand that Voom is gone and not coming back. They also know that despite the issue of the method to show repeat episodes, Voom provided a unique and as of yet unmatched level of quality HD programming to Dish viewers.

I hope something can be done to salvage the best of what was Voom and provide us the same benefits we liked about Voom in the future. Nothing else on Dish does that now and nothing else out there appears to be able to do that either.

Are you in denial or were you one of the people?

Originally Posted by Scott Greczkowski
What I also find funny is that a lot of these new VOOM die hards upset about its demise is that a lot of these folks crying for its return and the death of Dish Network are actually the same people logging in with more then one account. So in a way yes folks it is the SAME PEOPLE complaining about VOOM over and over again trying to make it look like more people are upset, when really most folks really don't care.

Oh and this is nice
I'm your favorite! thanks!! Guess who!

Is that what you mean by the real owners.

Yes, back on topic. As I said a few messages back I got an email from the people at VOOM stating that they "are currently looking into other cable and satellite providers and we hope to be available to you soon." I'm curious about what "satellite providers" they were referring to.

Mario

Yes, back on topic. As I said a few messages back I got an email from the people at VOOM stating that they "are currently looking into other cable and satellite providers and we hope to be available to you soon." I'm curious about what "satellite providers" they were referring to.

Mario

I take this as very good news. I guess it means they aren't packing it in yet. I like E* for the most part but I need my Monstershd.

CSR's for Dish and/or Direct have no clue about what is going concerning negotiations or what could be coming our what is in the works. So take anything a CSR says from either company says with a grain of salt on topics like this.

You are very correct.

If that was true voom HD returning to dish I would reluctantly go back

I really miss Voom Hd and while I am happy at directv; we would pay the penalties and switch back if Voom HD was back at dishnetworks but I am not holding my breath that would happen.:eek:

I think the people claiming there are not many Voom HD lovers are way wrong! Look at the recent drop in users of dish which coincide with the drop of voom HD. I personally dropped dish and also got 12 of my friends to do the same as we all are Voom HD lovers.:up

I really miss Voom Hd and while I am happy at directv; we would pay the penalties and switch back if Voom HD was back at dishnetworks but I am not holding my breath that would happen.:eek:

I think the people claiming there are not many Voom HD lovers are way wrong! Look at the recent drop in users of dish which coincide with the drop of voom HD. I personally dropped dish and also got 12 of my friends to do the same as we all are Voom HD lovers.:up

Yeah Yeah Yeah...you've told us a few times now... :rolleyes:

My first guess is that you created the imacheater alias. Do the names dragon002 or red ufo mean anything to you?

Like I posted in the other thread I had to do a search to find out who those two are. Red ufo hasn't posted anything in nearly 4 years and obviously was a voom dbs sub. dragon002 is a directv installer and posted in the pit alot. What would make you think I am either of those two. You are just plain ridiculous.

Plus, look at the time of imacheater post it is before 8bitbytes posted that "the real owners of the "fake" accounts are revealing themselves to be real". So how am I doing that. I am starting to think I know who has multiple accounts. have anything to admit?

Like I posted in the other thread I had to do a search to find out who those two are. Red ufo hasn't posted anything in nearly 4 years and obviously was a voom dbs sub. dragon002 is a directv installer and posted in the pit alot. What would make you think I am either of those two. You are just plain ridiculous.

Plus, look at the time of imacheater post it is before 8bitbytes posted that "the real owners of the "fake" accounts are revealing themselves to be real". So how am I doing that. I am starting to think I know who has multiple accounts. have anything to admit?
Methinks thou doest protest too much my fair Spatch. Methinks thou are also in dire need of a vacation where you will hopefully find something more meaningful to do with your life than continue your VOOM trolling exploits. I find it incredibly ironic that more than 50 or your last 75 post are about VOOM, yet you admittedly don't even like the product. Don't you have anything better to do with your life? (rhetorical quesion since I have already formed an opinion and I am not interested in parsing psycho-babble).

Frankly, I find your statements about VOOM to be disingenuous because your every waking action appears to be motivated by VOOM; your actions simply do not match your words. Perhaps a dose of introspection and a little indifference toward VOOM will help you gain a clearer understanding of your actions on this Forum and why the vast majority share my view. Yes, most members view you as an agenda-laden VOOM Troll. Your statements add nothing of value or substance to any of our discussions...they are merely inflamatory and derogatory remarks made to "bait others" so you can get your jollies. And yes, you are judged by how others perceive you in this forum, and not how you perceive yourself.

Again, you would be wise to step-away from VOOM discussions for a few days and gain a clear perspective into your actions and motivation.;)

Methinks thou doest protest too much my fair Spatch. Methinks thou are also in dire need of a vacation where you will hopefully find something more meaningful to do with your life than continue your VOOM trolling exploits. I find it incredibly ironic that more than 50 or your last 75 post are about VOOM, yet you admittedly don't even like the product. Don't you have anything better to do with your life? (rhetorical quesion since I have already formed an opinion and I am not interested in parsing psycho-babble).

Frankly, I find your statements about VOOM to be disingenuous because your every waking action appears to be motivated by VOOM; your actions simply do not match your words. Perhaps a dose of introspection and a little indifference toward VOOM will help you gain a clearer understanding of your actions on this Forum and why the vast majority share my view. Yes, most members view you as an agenda-laden VOOM Troll. Your statements add nothing of value or substance to any of our discussions...they are merely inflamatory and derogatory remarks made to "bait others" so you can get your jollies. And yes, you are judged by how others perceive you in this forum, and not how you perceive yourself.

Again, you would be wise to step-away from VOOM discussions for a few days and gain a clear perspective into your actions and motivation.;)
Although Spatch has made a handful of comments that I might agree with, I wholly concur that those who constantly post on a topic/product/service that they apparently think is worthless, with the intention of primarily attempting to argue and persuade others that said product/service is worthless is trolling. People are basically free to troll, but thanks Riffjim for stating my exact thoughts so eloquently.

An as an aside, has anyone read Scott's "Let the Games Begin" edition of "The Satellite Dish" from 8/6/08? The last sentence of his article is : "I got to admit it though, I miss VOOM and I know I am not alone."

So there are more people out there that like Voom than some want to admit, or acknowledge.

http://www.multichannel.com/blog/350000435/post/760031276.html

Last edited:
Despite all the "rabid" Voom fanatics who will supposedly do anything to promote Voom whether it be truth or lie, we were all asked to limit our Voom discussion to THIS THREAD and everyone has respected that request.

Look who started the OTHER Voom thread.

Despite all the "rabid" Voom fanatics who will supposedly do anything to promote Voom whether it be truth or lie, we were all asked to limit our Voom discussion to THIS THREAD and everyone has respected that request.

Look who started the OTHER Voom thread.

In a wierd way Spatch could be considered Vooms biggest fan. It is almost an obsession for him.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)