VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
"Like most opportunities in our space, if Rainbow is put on the market, we will look," likewise, one can imagine that if Playboy was put on the market, they would look... if Scripps was put on the market, they would look....

this whole thing reminds me of the old grade school game where one person gets a message, each one tells the peson next to him/her, and by then end the message is completely lost...

Directv has made fun of the voom channels in the past.
Since Dish still owns 20% of Voom could they stop the sale.

Making fun of such things can change at the drop of a hat. Business is business. As for the 20%, its a minority so while it can cause some significant headaches if in the end the other 80% wants to do something there probably isnt much to stop them.

Just FYI...

This thread has passed the 2000 posts mark! This is the all-time biggest thread among all Dish Network or DirecTV threads at SatelliteGuys! It has long surpassed the previous record-holder among satellite-related threads "VOOM Installations" with its 1,597 posts.

All-time biggest threads in Dish Network area:

2,004 posts: VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels
1,354 posts: Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?
1,002 posts: Deal with NPS to "save" distants on DISH!
896 posts: External Hard Drive Archive Bug Thread
865 posts: Dish messing with Voom, All are now HD-Lite 1280x1080i: Discuss this issue HERE!​

All-time biggest threads in DirecTV area:

1,436 posts: What we are hearing...
585 posts: DirecTV 10 Signal Reading Thread(Transponders are Hot!)
550 posts: An Update
472 posts: How to get an additional $240 off as a new DirecTV customer
467 posts: $299 HD-DVR w/ $100 rebate
435 posts: NEW HD RUMOR; 24 HD Channels for DirecTV..Bye bye Voom​

Here are some other big threads from other areas:

797 posts: Which HD Cinema Movies have you seen?Would you like to post your review of the movie?
965 posts: NCAA Football 2007-08
1,136 posts: Notice of Tivo Injunction
1,254 posts: Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!
1,597 posts: VOOM Installations
2,167 posts: Broadcast Networks Programming Discussion Thread
2,740 posts: Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)
16,220 posts: Song Name Game... :D

This thread has passed the 2000 posts mark! This is the all-time biggest thread among all Dish Network or DirecTV threads at SatelliteGuys! It has long surpassed the previous record-holder among satellite-related threads "VOOM Installations" with its 1,597 posts.
Next, can you do a bar chart sorted by number of posts per user in this thread? I'll bet that 3/4 of the posts are from 20 people or less.

Next, can you do a bar chart sorted by number of posts per user in this thread? I'll bet that 3/4 of the posts are from 20 people or less.
That's true for most of the threads with thousands of posts. Those threads live on for years with the same dozen or so posters comprising the bulk of the posts.

Next, can you do a bar chart sorted by number of posts per user in this thread?

I wish I could! :D It would be interesting to know how many forum members posted in this thread.
Out of curiosity I just went through the first ten pages (200 posts out of 2000+) and I count 78!

Scott mentioned one time about merging the many many VOOM threads that appeared after the take down. Did that ever happen? That may have and effect on this thread's post count if that happened.

I guarantee if Directv picks up Voom they will see a nice spike in people comming over, I would definately be one of them.

I tend to agree but don't expect to see all 15 VOOM channels. My guess is that D* would put up 4-5 channels at best.

Also, I don't believe Charlie is in a position to block any sale to D* even if he wanted to.

I doubt that will happen. That poll turned into a big joke with people mockingly making up fake accounts and voting.
What evidence backing up this statement do you have? This could be checked. I think you are not happy with the results of the poll and are choosing to dismiss said results.

Scott mentioned one time about merging the many many VOOM threads that appeared after the take down. Did that ever happen? That may have and effect on this thread's post count if that happened.
Yes, you are right, several threads were merged into this one, however, they were much smaller and they were all essentially on this same topic: Dish dropping VOOM. So, I think the record still stands. :)

What evidence backing up this statement do you have? This could be checked. I think you are not happy with the results of the poll and are choosing to dismiss said results.

Check out people who have voted there are names like multiname and imacheater. They registered voted then have no activity since. The voom members have a history of doing this. It goes both ways also in the premium vote there is a person who did the same thing. There is just more in the Voom section.

Check out people who have voted there are names like multiname and imacheater. They registered voted then have no activity since. The voom members have a history of doing this. It goes both ways also in the premium vote there is a person who did the same thing. There is just more in the Voom section.

So some people did that and maybe that changed the vote 5% or so. As passionate Voomers are about liking Voom the other side is equally passionate about disliking them.

I just did a check switch not too long ago and I'm getting the VOOM channels.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I just did a check switch not too long ago and I'm getting the VOOM channels.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I'm recording a show on the dvr right now so I cannot do a check switch, but after the show is over I will. How exactly do you do a check switch? Go into menu > system setup > installation > point dish?

There's at least one bogus user vote in the Premium section so crank down the whining Spackle.

A history of doing this?

Yeah, right. Go sell crazy somewhere else.

All-time biggest threads in Dish Network area:

2,004 posts: VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels
1,354 posts: Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?
1,002 posts: Deal with NPS to "save" distants on DISH!
896 posts: External Hard Drive Archive Bug Thread
865 posts: Dish messing with Voom, All are now HD-Lite 1280x1080i: Discuss this issue HERE!​

All-time biggest threads in DirecTV area:

1,436 posts: What we are hearing...
585 posts: DirecTV 10 Signal Reading Thread(Transponders are Hot!)
550 posts: An Update
472 posts: How to get an additional $240 off as a new DirecTV customer
467 posts: $299 HD-DVR w/ $100 rebate
435 posts: NEW HD RUMOR; 24 HD Channels for DirecTV..Bye bye Voom​

Here are some other big threads from other areas:

797 posts: Which HD Cinema Movies have you seen?Would you like to post your review of the movie?
965 posts: NCAA Football 2007-08
1,136 posts: Notice of Tivo Injunction
1,254 posts: Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!
1,597 posts: VOOM Installations
2,167 posts: Broadcast Networks Programming Discussion Thread
2,740 posts: Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)
16,220 posts: Song Name Game... :D

WOW!! I started the biggest thread ever!!:D

I miss VOOM and voted that way in the poll, but have no realistic hope that we'll ever see it again. I see you acknowledged cheating in the poll is a two way street and that's a good thing (the acknowledgment, not the cheating). How subtle do you think the attempted subversion of the poll results was with a name like "imacheater"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)