VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Rave, Monsters, Kung Fu, Equator, Gallery, Film Fest, HD News...I need 7!

Dang. Halloween without Monsters. The first time in 5 years for me (I had Voom the DBS in 2004...I think?). Dang.

One channel I surprisingly miss from VOOM is the Family channel HD they had; it was amazing how good Flipper looked, and that show was from the 60's/70's time frame! I loved watching that in much higher quality than it ever was when I was a kid. Hell it looked better than some current HD stuff!

GalleryHD and TreasureHD as one channel and I'd be fine...

And no...I don't need to post another testimonial to the greatness of GalleryHD, nor my proposed business plan for a NEW 5 channel Voom suite...I'm sure you get the idea... ;) lol

(I just wish THEY would! )

I am upset as well not to have MonstersHD for the first Halloween in 4 years, it really sux.

Goes to show you how it affected all of us good or bad. Some are happy they are gone and thats ok by me I am still not happy about it.

You didnt like my response? I am just stating opinnion I did not say anything bad about your post.

Nothing on Monsters-HD was as frightening as the number of recent posts to this thread !

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The Sci Fi thread still had more views. Shows more people we interested in just that one channel, though the Voomers may be more passionate given this is the top in replies

Also, there are some rumors about Voom showing up somewhere "soon".

The real VoOm deal?

Would someone be kind enough to post a link to a page that will tell me what the real story is with VoOm?

Why was it removed from DISH?
Any realistic hope of its return?
Any chance DirecTV would pick up some of the channels?

I really would like to get the real story.

I am well into my 50's and, yes I very much miss my favorite channel...MONSTERS-HD. Equator was nice, but Monsters was my channel...

Thanks!

Too many repeats.
No.
No.

Yet, the repeats magically went away once Voom was dropped from Dish. At least with Monsters, their lineup is the best it's ever been. Therefore, the repeat cliche is over. If you like repeats, go check out any of the premium movie channels.

Nothing on Monsters-HD was as frightening as the number of recent posts to this thread !

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
It's almost as frightening as you posting here to complain about people discussing something you're not interested in. What's the matter - did your dog run away so you haven nothing to kick at home? Perhaps if you tie a pork chop around your neck the dog will come home.

In the meantime there are those of us who wish to discuss where Voom may be headed. If you don't like it then read something else.

Mario

It's almost as frightening as you posting here to complain about people discussing something you're not interested in. What's the matter - did your dog run away so you haven nothing to kick at home? Perhaps if you tie a pork chop around your neck the dog will come home.

In the meantime there are those of us who wish to discuss where Voom may be headed. If you don't like it then read something else.

Mario

+1 :up

Since this other thread was closed, I'll have to reply here:

mperdue said:
All that time spent thinking up a "snappy retort" to the people who liked Voom and this is the best you could do?

You are missing the point.

I also liked Voom.

I also liked 8-track tapes, vinyl LPs. Amiga computers, Betamax VCRs, and the TV shows Deadwood and Rome.

There are two possibilities that work:

(1) Move this thread to the General CableTV & Satellite Forum here, which is where it now belongs.

(2) Or a typical SG marketing ploy might be to move it to the Pub Forum, and require people to be members to discuss it. ;)

Since this other thread was closed, I'll have to reply here:

You are missing the point.

I also liked Voom.

I also liked 8-track tapes, vinyl LPs. Amiga computers, Betamax VCRs, and the TV shows Deadwood and Rome.

There are two possibilities that work:

(1) Move this thread to the General CableTV & Satellite Forum here, which is where it now belongs.

(2) Or a typical SG marketing ploy might be to move it to the Pub Forum, and require people to be members to discuss it. ;)

There's a third possibility:

(3) Stop reading the thread if it bothers you.

Mario

There's a third possibility:

(3) Stop reading the thread if it bothers you.

Mario

I had forgotten that it even existed, until someone did the usual Forum Newbie mistake of bringing a months old thread with no recent posts back to the top of the Forum.

PS Nothing with the name "Voom" can possibly be taken seriously, it sounds like channels for 8 year olds. A word for comic book balloons, like "Pow" and "Bam".

This is why DirecTV was so successful in ridiculing the channels.

"RainbowHD" (for example), would have worked much better....

I had forgotten that it even existed, until someone did the usual Forum Newbie mistake of bringing a months old thread with no recent posts back to the top of the Forum.

PS Nothing with the name "Voom" can possibly be taken seriously, it sounds like channels for 8 year olds. A word for comic book balloons, like "Pow" and "Bam".

Well Mazda is VOOM VOOM VOOM

The show you are thinking about is Zoom. That was a kids show.

RainbowHD? I don't know. It doesn't seem right with Monsters being a part of it.

Well Mazda is VOOM VOOM VOOM

Or in this case, bring me Va-Va-Voom! Not so childish sounding now.

Almost 100K views people. Keep it going. This must be telling Dish something.

Status
Please reply by conversation.