Voom HD is Coming June 26th through 28th

ericdo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 23, 2006
Its Confirmed

CABLEVISION EXTENDS LEADERSHIP POSITION IN DELIVERY OF HIGH-DEFINITION PROGRAMMING WITH ADDITION OF 15 VOOM HD NETWORKS

Significant Expansion To 40 High-Definition Programming Services Make Cablevision's iO® Digital Cable Product The Nation's Leading Source Of HD, Company Announces Capability To Carry More Than 500 HD Channels This Year

Bethpage, NY, June 21, 2007 - Cablevision Systems Corp. (NYSE: CVC) today announced that it will add 15 new high-definition channels from VOOM HD Networks, beginning June 26. The additions will bring Cablevision's iO digital cable customers a total of 40 HD programming services - the most HD available anywhere in the nation, from any provider. The company also announced that by the end of this year it will have the capability to carry more than 500 channels of HD programming on its advanced fiber optic network.

In addition to the best HD picture and sound, iO customers receive HD channels without the fees and charges Cablevision's competitors require customers to pay for HD, and without the compression satellite providers use to deliver HD programming. Cablevision was the first provider in the nation to launch HD video on demand, and is still the only source of HD VOD within its service area. VOOM's 15 high-definition channels will become available to iO customers beginning next week and will be fully deployed across the company's entire service area by June 28. The channels will be located with Cablevision's other high-definition programming starting on channel 700.

"Satellite and phone company TV providers continue to talk about their plans for HD, but Cablevision is actually doing something about it, by delivering more high-definition programming to our customers than anyone else, including the most local sports in HD, without the extra fees our competitors charge for HD. In fact, iO is the only choice for New York-area fans who want to see all of the HD games of all nine area professional sports teams," said John Trierweiler, Cablevision's senior vice president of product management.

"The VOOM channels represent the pinnacle of high-definition and we are pleased to extend our leadership position in this important category through the introduction of these exciting services," Trierweiler continued. "While we carry the most HD channels today, by the end of the year Cablevision will have the capacity to launch more than 500 HD channels on its advanced fiber optic network."

VOOM HD Networks (www.voom.com), offer television's largest and most diverse suite of high-definition channels. Fifteen commercial-free, wide-screen channels, all delivered in true 1080i HD and 5.1 Dolby® Digital surround sound, VOOM offers an extraordinary breadth of movies, sports, music and original programming.

The VOOM 15 includes:

HDNews - The only HD source for 24/7 news, sports and weather, HDNews offers news headlines, sports highlights, in-depth features and national weather reports supported by five news bureaus across the nation.

Equator HD - The first high-definition channel dedicated to exploring the world's most intriguing people and amazing places with intelligent programs about global adventure and green living.

Gallery HD - Stunning imagery and stories from the front line of the art world. Gallery HD is the first and only HD channel that defines the most talked-about artists of today and tomorrow.

Rush HD - Life on the edge with adrenaline junkies of adventure sports.

Rave HD - Live music as a whole new experience in crystal clear HD and 5.1 surround sound.

Ultra HD - The hottest fashion, the coolest styles and insight into the 'luxe' life from around the world. Ultra HD delivers coverage of the fashion industry's hottest events, shopping, cuisine and interior design.

Animania HD - Eye-popping HD animation from the groundbreaking to the classic.

Monsters HD - The masters of movie horror in terrifying HD clarity.

Gameplay HD - Enter the virtual worlds of video gaming for the first time in HD.

Treasure HD - A channel dedicated to pursuing stories about people and their passions. Original, innovative, entertaining, it's a high-definition look at what people treasure in life, from antiques to adventures.

Worldsport HD - Live sports coverage from premier arenas around the globe.

Family Room HD - Movies, series and specials suitable for the whole family.

Film Fest HD - A non-stop film festival for movie fans, remastered in HD.

Kung Fu HD - All martial arts action, all the time. From Bruce Lee to Jet Li, all in HD.

World Cinema HD - Award-winning and top-performing movies without borders, featuring award-wining movies and stars from around the globe.

Cablevision customers have demonstrated a growing appetite for the best in HD content. The company has deployed more than 1 million high-definition set-top boxes to customers, and had 734,000 HD customers as of March 31 - an 85 percent increase in HD customers over the previous year. The company's current HD line-up includes a diverse mix of local broadcast stations, premium movie channels, established cable networks and an unbeatable array of sports programming, featuring more local sports in HD than any other provider.

iO customers today enjoy access to the following services in high-definition: CBS HD, NBC HD, FOX HD, ABC HD, My9 HD, CW 11 HD, Thirteen HD (PBS), MSG HD, FSN NY HD, YES HD, SportsNet New York HD, ESPN HD, VERSUS HD, The Golf Channel HD, National Geographic Channel HD, Discovery HD Theatre, TNT HD, Universal HD, MOJO, Starz HD, HBO HD, Showtime HD, Cinemax HD, The Movie Channel HD, and high definition video on demand (VOD).

For iO customers with high-definition television sets, Cablevision offers HD-capable converter boxes at no additional cost over the standard box rental fee, unlike competitors who assess additional equipment and/or service charges in order to see HD programming. In addition, high-definition feeds of premium movie networks are available to all customers who subscribe to the standard-definition version of the networks. High-definition video on demand movie titles are available anytime for $4.95 each, which includes full control over the viewing experience with the ability to pause, fast-forward and rewind.

About Cablevision
Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC) is one of the nation's leading entertainment and telecommunications companies. Its cable television operations serve more than 3 million households in the New York metropolitan area. The company's advanced telecommunications offerings include its iO: Interactive Optimum® digital television, Optimum Online high-speed Internet, Optimum Voice digital voice-over-cable, and its Optimum Lightpath integrated business communications services. Cablevision's Rainbow Media Holdings LLC operates several successful programming businesses, including AMC, IFC, WE tv and other national and regional networks. In addition to its telecommunications and programming businesses, Cablevision owns Madison Square Garden and its sports teams, the New York Knicks, Rangers and Liberty. The company also operates New York's famed Radio City Music Hall, and owns and operates Clearview

This will make some cable people very happy.

question: will they be 1920x1080i or 1440x1080i or 1280x1080i? Given CV reputation on their HD channels can we expect 1920x1080i? Anyone care to comment?

Launch Schedule
DatesAreasTuesday, June 26 New Jersey (except Morris and Warwick) Wednesday, June 27 Bronx, Connecticut and WestchesterThursday, June 28 Brooklyn, Long Island, Morris and Warwick
Programming Description
VOOM is a suite of 15 eye-popping, high-definition television channels that offers great programming for everyone. VOOM is all HD all the time, aired commercial free in breathtaking 1080i and 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound, providing an unparalleled experience.
VOOM original shows are shot in "native" HD with nothing "up-converted". Movies and classic series shot in 35mm, are remastered especially for HD, to showcase them in their full glory.
CHANNELSERVICECHANNEL IDDESCRIPTION710HD NewsHDNThe only 24/7 national news source in high definition, HDNEWS offers news headlines, sports highlights, in-depth features and national weather reports supported by 5 news bureaus across the nation.714GALLERY HDGALHDThis channel is dedicated to visual art and the artistic process, catering to a wide array of art lovers. Through visually stunning imagery and compelling storytelling, GALLERY HD is the first and only HD channel that defines the most talked-about artists of today and tomorrow.718worldsportWSPHDWORLDSPORT HD delivers a wide variety of top sporting events from around the globe, including live HD coverage of the Spanish Premier Soccer League featuring Real Madrid and sports superstar David Beckham.722FamilyRoom HDFAMHDMovies, series and specials suitable for all ages - with movies like March of the Wooden Soldiers and The Muppets Take Manhattan, and series like Flipper and Thunderbirds.723ANIMANIA HDANIHDEye-popping animation from the newest groundbreaking series, specials and cutting edge anime produced in stunning high definition to favorite cartoon classics re-mastered into HD. This is animation like you've never seen before.724Treasure HDTREHDThe first channel dedicated to the over 70 million Americans who share a passion for collecting. TREASURE HD also carries exclusive live coverage of prominent sales from the world's preeminent auction houses.728EQUATOR HDEQUHDExplore the world's most intriguing people and places with intelligent travel, nature and cultural programs. Hear people of the world in their own words, and visit extraordinary landscapes that speak for themselves.729ULTRA HDULTHDImmerse yourself in the worlds of fashion, beauty and style. ULTRA HD delivers coverage of the fashion industry's hottest events, and helps you choose what to wear. From shopping to cuisine to interior design, ULTRA HD is devoted to stylish living.734rush hdRUSHDSet out in the footsteps of George Mallory and Andrew 'Sandy' Irvine, to investigate the mystery of whether the British climbers could have been the first men to reach the summit of Everest in 1924.776KUNG FUKFUHDWelcome to the Wild, Wild East! KUNG FU HD offers intense fights, amazing cinematography and lush colors in a line-up of all your favorite martial arts stars - from Bruce Lee to Jet Li.777MONSTER MONHDTV's first and only all horror channel. Monster movies are brought to life like never before on MONSTERS HD. From Frankenstein to Freddy, Godzilla to Jason, this monstrous mix of horror features blood-curdling clarity and spine-tingling sound.778FILMFESTFLMHDFILM FEST HD is a virtual revival house with a breadth of genres curated in HD. With restored classics, sleeper hits, retro favorites, docs, indies and even midnight cult movies, FILM FEST HD feels like a landmark movie house - in high definition.779WORLDCINEMAWCIHDTV without borders. WORLD CINEMA HD provides American audiences with a passport to explore the best HD imports, featuring award-winning movies and stars from around the globe.785RAVE HDRAVHDRAVE HD is the first music channel dedicated to delivering a larger than life concert experience in crystal clear hi-definition and 5.1 Dolby digital surround sound.786GAMEPLAY HDGPHDThe intensity of the video game comes alive on GAMEPLAY HD. Watch live video game tournaments and get tips on playing strategies from the creators of everything from the newest games to the arcade classics.

Ok, I formatted Sean's post!

Launch Schedule

Tuesday, June 26 New Jersey (except Morris and Warwick)

Wednesday, June 27 Bronx, Connecticut and Westchester

Thursday, June 28 Brooklyn, Long Island, Morris and Warwick

Prgramming Description

VOOM is a suite of 15 eye-popping, high-definition television channels that offers great programming for everyone. VOOM is all HD all the time, aired commercial free in breathtaking 1080i and 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound, providing an unparalleled experience.

VOOM original shows are shot in "native" HD with nothing "up-converted". Movies and classic series shot in 35mm, are remastered especially for HD, to showcase them in their full glory.

710 HD News HDN The only 24/7 national news source in high definition, HDNEWS offers news headlines, sports highlights, in-depth features and national weather reports supported by 5 news bureaus across the nation.

714 GALLERY HD GALHD This channel is dedicated to visual art and the artistic process, catering to a wide array of art lovers. Through visually stunning imagery and compelling storytelling, GALLERY HD is the first and only HD channel that defines the most talked-about artists of today and tomorrow.

718 Worldsport HD WSPHD WORLDSPORT HD delivers a wide variety of top sporting events from around the globe, including live HD coverage of the Spanish Premier Soccer League featuring Real Madrid and sports superstar David Beckham.

722 FamilyRoom HD FAMHD Movies, series and specials suitable for all ages - with movies like March of the Wooden Soldiers and The Muppets Take Manhattan, and series like Flipper and Thunderbirds.

723 ANIMANIA HD ANIHD Eye-popping animation from the newest groundbreaking series, specials and cutting edge anime produced in stunning high definition to favorite cartoon classics re-mastered into HD. This is animation like you've never seen before.

724 Treasure HD TREHD The first channel dedicated to the over 70 million Americans who share a passion for collecting. TREASURE HD also carries exclusive live coverage of prominent sales from the world's preeminent auction houses.

728 EQUATOR HD EQUHD Explore the world's most intriguing people and places with intelligent travel, nature and cultural programs. Hear people of the world in their own words, and visit extraordinary landscapes that speak for themselves.

729 ULTRA HD ULTHD Immerse yourself in the worlds of fashion, beauty and style. ULTRA HD delivers coverage of the fashion industry's hottest events, and helps you choose what to wear. From shopping to cuisine to interior design, ULTRA HD is devoted to stylish living.

734 Rush HD RUSHD Set out in the footsteps of George Mallory and Andrew 'Sandy' Irvine, to investigate the mystery of whether the British climbers could have been the first men to reach the summit of Everest in 1924.

776 KUNG FU KFUHD Welcome to the Wild, Wild East! KUNG FU HD offers intense fights, amazing cinematography and lush colors in a line-up of all your favorite martial arts stars - from Bruce Lee to Jet Li.

777 MONSTER MONHD TV's first and only all horror channel. Monster movies are brought to life like never before on MONSTERS HD. From Frankenstein to Freddy, Godzilla to Jason, this monstrous mix of horror features blood-curdling clarity and spine-tingling sound.

778 FILMFEST FLMHD FILM FEST HD is a virtual revival house with a breadth of genres curated in HD. With restored classics, sleeper hits, retro favorites, docs, indies and even midnight cult movies, FILM FEST HD feels like a landmark movie house - in high definition.

779 WORLDCINEMA WCIHD TV without borders. WORLD CINEMA HD provides American audiences with a passport to explore the best HD imports, featuring award-winning movies and stars from around the globe.

785 RAVE HD RAVHD RAVE HD is the first music channel dedicated to delivering a larger than life concert experience in crystal clear hi-definition and 5.1 Dolby digital surround sound.

786 GAMEPLAY HD GPHD The intensity of the video game comes alive on GAMEPLAY HD. Watch live video game tournaments and get tips on playing strategies from the creators of everything from the newest games to the arcade classics.

cforrest thanks... I've got this info and just made a copy and paste and did not have a chance to format it as I was leaving the office quickly and had a very busy friday...

Ahh, Beckham won't be in Real Madrid next year.. Hello...
LA Galaxy will be his team..
Better view of WorldSport-HD is Barcelona with Henry/Messi/Ronaldhino/Eto'o/etc.. Probably best team in the world next year..

Is this why my cable box just rebooted?
I dont have an HD box though, nor an HD set, so these additions are of no use to me. What would be is some more channels like BBC America,etc.

I hate to go off of the thread topic...but how many people watch BBC America? I would think even the international channels would be more popular than this. Not an attack on you, but I would think it is only a niche channel.

I hate to go off of the thread topic...but how many people watch BBC America? I would think even the international channels would be more popular than this. Not an attack on you, but I would think it is only a niche channel.

seriously in the 5yrs I have worked in the sales department BBC America is not one of the most requested channels, I could count the number of calls I have gotten on both hands. Now there are certain times when ESPNU will generate 20 calls a day, and this will not just be for me but every rep on the floor. Usually when theres a Conn basketball or Lacrosse game.

seriously in the 5yrs I have worked in the sales department BBC America is not one of the most requested channels, I could count the number of calls I have gotten on both hands. Now there are certain times when ESPNU will generate 20 calls a day, and this will not just be for me but every rep on the floor. Usually when theres a Conn basketball or Lacrosse game.

Just curious. What is the most requested channel or channels for Cablevision to add ?

Are you kidding me? Its one of the few SD channels I will watch. They have some fantastic programming. You might want to check it out.

Let's leave the BBC or any other channel discussion to another thread. This thread is for Voom channels.

We wish everyone to give us their opinion about the Voom channel programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts