VOOM Installations

stevesmall said:
the box is a piece of junk

Steve,

you will get your refund within 6-8 weeks. That's how long it takes. If after 6-8 weeks, you still don't have it, take it up with VOOM. We all agree that the box is not the greates HD box in the market. However, there's no benefit to this comment that "the box is a piece of junk". If you are going to post negative comments (which you have the right to do), let us know something that we do not know.

Pro Star Digital showed up today with a reciever to replaced my OTA ant. Do you think I will get better reception if I have them hang the new reciever up on the pole?

They said I already have the Winegard ant which is what they would have upgraded me to anyway.

He tried to adjust it some more and managed to get UPN to come in. But he said that was all he could do. He said I would need an amplifier and he didn't have one and to call Voom to get them to ship one.

So here I go. We'll see what happens. I am not getting ABC, CBS or FOX. I don't watch ABC or CBS much but FOX has the Simpson's on from 5-6 and I want my Simpsons!!!

Just got the phone with Voom. They are sending Pro Start Digital back out again to adjust the ant. They said I have the upgraded ant already and all they can do is try to adjust it. We'll see I guess. :)

After 2 Months on the sidelines with you guys...

I'm FINALLY VOOMING!

The installer just left, my local have not mapped yet, but I am BLOWN AWAY by the quality of the Voom HD Channels. In the words of my teenage son "The weather channel looks better than ANY of our 400+ DVDs!" :D

Then SD stuff does appear to be a little lacking in quality compared to E*, but not enough to bother.

Thanks to Sean, Scott and the regulars for "keeping it real" on this board and helping me make an educated decision to go ahead.

BTW, I had a great installer out of Columbia, SC who is a member of this forum and has much respect for it as a resource. He said his handle is "Jellison1". Thanks again, Jerry! :)

Welcome aboard, Tom! VOOM is such a young company and new things keep coming up, little improvement here and there, new channels showing up once a while, which make life so much more exciting! Don't forgot to get the PBHD :)

I do have that right to call this box exactly what it is a piece of junk, YES but VOOM states 10 business days for a refund, csr and also a manager could not explain why it took so long. their words not mine. as for the benefit, maybe i can help someone to not make the same mistake i did and buy into the crappy service and even crappier signal and or installations.

stevesmall said:
I do have that right to call this box exactly what it is a piece of junk, YES but VOOM states 10 business days for a refund, csr and also a manager could not explain why it took so long. their words not mine. as for the benefit, maybe i can help someone to not make the same mistake i did and buy into the crappy service and even crappier signal and or installations.

It seems like you got your money back which it is good. :) If you want to spend your time and energy doing that... well go ahead... I woudn't... :)

stevesmall said:
It seems that you're not lucky with ANY DBS service. This is what you posted on another E* thread:

"to all of you that ordered 811's I DOUBT YOU WILL GET THEM, although i hope your luck is better than mine. 2 install apointements 2 cancellations, even after assurances the install would go forth even if i had to wiat for the 811's supervisor offered to install sd stb i even agreed to see what they had to offer until the hd box was available. DISH HAS NOTHING TO OFFER ME"

source: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=101637#post101637

Have you try D* yet? Good luck.

No i have had good luck with D* but was looking to if their were better options out there after 7 years with d*, certainly wasnt e* or v* , im sticking with d and my 3 hdtv boxes. no bad posts about d* from me, in fact i would recommend especially now that isee what other choices there are

OTA Problems?

Anyone have an idea what the lag time is for the OTA mapping to download? It's just been 10 hours, from what I can find it might be days... :confused:

thanks,
Eddie George
Aiken, SC 29803

Installs4U, welcome to the forum!
Judging by your user name you are either from Installs Inc., or an independent installer. Right?

AHHHH! I need help! There are coming to install Voom tomorrow, so I called to double check with the VOOM CSR, and I am not in the system anymore. I do however see my account data on "My Voom". How can someone come in to do an install and I am not in the system. What is going on?

They CSR suggested that I call tomorrow at 9:30am. I also noticed I was charged $200 for the install on my creidt card, but I was told that it was $150, which will show up as programming credit.

I also called the installer and we disagreed on the use of the diplexer. I said, "no" and he sadi then give me $80. I will be calling a 9:30am EST since my install is at 12PM. ANy last minute advice?

skakusha said:
AHHHH! I need help! There are coming to install Voom tomorrow, so I called to double check with the VOOM CSR, and I am not in the system anymore. I do however see my account data on "My Voom". How can someone come in to do an install and I am not in the system. What is going on?

They CSR suggested that I call tomorrow at 9:30am. I also noticed I was charged $200 for the install on my creidt card, but I was told that it was $150, which will show up as programming credit.

I also called the installer and we disagreed on the use of the diplexer. I said, "no" and he sadi then give me $80. I will be calling a 9:30am EST since my install is at 12PM. ANy last minute advice?

Send "Wilt Hildenbrand" <wilth@optonline.net> an email about this.

Help, Is My Installer Correct?

Hi Folks, :confused:

I am in Middletown, Connecticut. I had my VOOM installed last Saturday. With the software updates it's working nicely. I definitely love the service. However, I currently have no locals.

The installer persuaded me not to bother installing the STEALTH antenna that day because he assured me I would not be getting any locals whatsoever, even though I am about 16-18 miles from the transmitting towers and at the top of a hill (Granted, there are some trees, but my house is also a three story house which, combined with the added height of a standard 10ft pole affixed to the roof, most lilkely would have resulted in some reception, even with the Stealth).

In any event, he first made this dumb comment that there aren't many digital locals "in my area" (???,--as I said, I am within 20 miles of ABC-DT,CBS-DT, NBC-DT, amongst others). When I told him that I knew of people in my area (Middletown, CT) who are receiving these digital stations using off-air antennae, he acted perplexed and asked me if they were getting these signals throught the VOOM receiver? I said not through VOOM-- but that they were getting the signals through regular standalone HDTV set top receivers. Then he explained that just because you can pick up digital stations with an HDTV decoder does not mean that the Voom decoder will pick them up as well!!!!!!!! Is he correct? Why would it matter?? Is the antenna, alone, not the deciding factor? Is it that the Voom receiver is less "sensitive" than a regular HDTV receiver box? Is he bullsh*tting me?

I love Voom, but I'm beginning to get irritated with these morons.

Thanks,
Martin-

(P.S. He suggested I call Voom to get approval for this $175 antenna which we claims may allow me to get "something"...)

call Voom. He should have installed the antenna. If it doesn't pick up the locals then Voom should send another antenna. It doesn't matter what the antenna is going to Voom STB or not if someone else is getting them then so should you. I think the guys just didn't know what he was talking about. You shouldn't have any probs with the stealth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)