VOOM Installations

faithntim said:
My install is on Tuesday 3/2. A couple of questions...

• How many cables do they run from the roof to the receivers?
  • Are the installers generally flexible in how and where these are run?

The installer will try to buy you the idea of using a displexer. I would not go for it. I rather have two lines. One for the satellite and one for the OTA antenna.

My experience with the installer I got was that I told him from where I wanted the cables to be run. Of course, you don't want these cables to run for more than 300 feets. I think that they can be reasonable. The less work they do, the more they will be in the mood to do other things.

Just signed up yesterday for a 2 room install, my install is for 3-3-04. I hope everything goes well, I will let everyone know.

boatman said:
Just signed up yesterday for a 2 room install, my install is for 3-3-04. I hope everything goes well, I will let everyone know.

Boatman try to get in touch with the local installer. It will greatly avoid problems.

I plan on doing just that. I was reading somewhere in this thread that Bailey Installation does installs in the Houston area. I'm going to try and call them this afternoon to find out.

Sean Mota said:
Boatman try to get in touch with the local installer. It will greatly avoid problems.

It's good advice. My install is set up for 3/2. I just called Installs, Inc., and they couldn't find my information. Come to find out they entered BOTH of my phone numbers incorrectly. They finally found me by name and zip code and gave me the installer's name (Adant Wireless).

When I called Adant, they were about to cancel the install since they couldn't reach me to verify my address.

It was a good call, they were very accomodating, and we are still set for Tuesday afternoon.

Follow the advice...call ahead of time!

I just called my installer and everything seems to be on the right track. I ordered on 2/24/04 and got a install date for 3/1/04. I verified the date and time with local installer and everything seems to be in place. I asked them about the equipment to see if it had arrived and they stated that it hadn't but were very confident that the equipment would arrive sometime this afternoon if not for sure tomorrow. I hope they are right. I can't afford to miss 2 days of work. I'll make sure I post my entire experience come Monday!!!!

p.s.: This is the best fuc*in message board on VOOM!!!!

Viva La Voomers!!!!

HELP new VOOM install not working!!!

Well I took the day off and was suposed to be watching voom by now but it isn't working. THe only thing I can do is go to the options menu or see a big box that says that my box isn't authorized call Voom. THen I call voom and they can't figure out anything so they dump me to the install company which of course can't figure anything out and tells me after being on hold for close to an hour that she thinks that something is wrong at Voom startup authorization place and to try tommorow or she can schedule a service call. This is a crock I've waited a long time for this and this is how this company works. It's not like it worked for a while then quit either it NEVER worked at first I could at least look at the guide now it has me locked out of everything except the main menu. Anybody else have this problem??? THe installer didn't have a clue what it was so he left after 4 hours. And to top it all off this was my birthday present to myself. Now instead of sitting on the couch watching HDTV with my wife I'm down here hoping someone can help me before I tell them to forget it and get this POS out of my house. Thanks for the birthday present VOOM!!!! :no :mad: :no

Installs or whoever installed should have called in to authorize before leaving. Did they try to check the signal & make sure it was receiving properly. What is your signal strength/quality?

THey called into authorize but the install said they had to wait for the trip count # to be higher?? I am at 8 now on the trip count and have been as high as 15 before I restarted due to customer service thinking they could help. My strength is around 50 and signal power is 62.

They all say that my signal is good and that was as high of a signal he could get. Then when called to get the download started they told the installer that anyhing around 50 was good for this reciever and as long as the green light on the front of the reciever is on I am getting a signal???

If it is green, you should be getting signal. I don't know why they cannot authorize, although it is a separate number for regular Customer support. You should be doing OK on signal & strength (on the edge). Can you connect to an svideo or composite input on TV to look at download. Do you think it went through? What is your software version? Authorizing is as simple as flipping the switch on their end tied to account info. They should try it repeatedly whether it "sticks" or not, you can tell if channels come in.

Tim

Software version V00.05.08

I'm pretty sure I got the download that is when this authorization stuff started here is what else it says

Sat Map 4560
Off Air Map 0038
# Sat Channels 126
# Off air channels 03 this seems way low compared to my old OTA reciever
IPG Region 17

[Can you connect to an svideo or composite input on TV to look at download??]

I could do this where would I look for the download?

50 is very good.most get in the 40's the number will change soon with an upgrade,sounds like a simple CSR type thing that will work out..check your imputs on tv.

rang1995 said:
50 is very good.most get in the 40's the number will change soon with an upgrade,sounds like a simple CSR type thing that will work out..check your imputs on tv.

What do you mean check the inputs on my TV?

To make this even worse I just went on to my voom account on Voom's website and it shows my account and everything on it as being active. I wish!!!
I guess I'm going to call them again. I'll keep you posted.

Tank1058 said:
[Can you connect to an svideo or composite input on TV to look at download??]

I could do this where would I look for the download?

Do you think the software download worked? Menu, green button, System Settings, System Settings, Down Arrow should show V00.05.08.

You can run into trouble if software down load interuprted during initial install. You can only see this download through a composite or Svideo input, as it will not show up on DVI or component. If your software version shows 5.08 forget it, you are set.

Escalate the call when talking to Customer Service to Technical support or activation. They should be able to hit the right switch.

I'm on Sat quality of 47 & Signal Power of 54 right now and Authorization status says SWO.

You may need to do a factory reselt if nothing else works or worst case gert the install guy back and don't let him leave until authorized. That's not your fault he shouldn't have left until you were showing all the channels.

Tim

Well after another LOOONG phone call I finally got a supervisor which tells me I need a landline to use Voom. Well this is a great time to tell me this since I just wasted a vacation day and lots and lots of time and cell phone minutes on this POS company. This is the most poorly run company I have ever seen in my life, when I set up the install I asked twice "do I need a land line" answer "no you don't only for PPV". Then I talked to the installer today and he wasn't sure so he called Voom and they said no I didn't need one. Then I called Voom earlier this evening and spoke to two different people which both said that I wouldn't need a land line. Then when I just called back for the last time the first lady said that I didn't need one and that she was told that I would only need one for PPV. So after trying everything to get my system to work a supervisor gets on phone and tells me I need a land line and without one I can't have Voom. Thanks alot for nothing but a wasted day and four new holes in my roof and a new hole in my wall for NOTHING. I told them I wasn't going to have done all this for nothing and needed something for the trouble and the holes in my house, since I asked them over and over before the job was even scheduled if I need a land line and was told NO by everyone in that company if you want to call it that. What a day, do yourself a favor if your thinking of getting Voom DON'T I repeat DON'T DO IT it's not worth all the trouble!!!!!

Tank1058,

Did he tell you that you need a telephone line connected to the receiver to authorize the receiver? or he just simply said that you needed a land line and he wouldn't do anything else?

He said I needed one to activate the reciever and that they also wanted one connected at all times.

rudolpht: My Authorization status says: CS something is wrong because yours says: SWO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)