VOOM Installations

butlers

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 26, 2004
Tank1058 said:
Well after another LOOONG phone call I finally got a supervisor which tells me I need a landline to use Voom. Well this is a great time to tell me this since I just wasted a vacation day and lots and lots of time and cell phone minutes on this POS company. This is the most poorly run company I have ever seen in my life, when I set up the install I asked twice "do I need a land line" answer "no you don't only for PPV". Then I talked to the installer today and he wasn't sure so he called Voom and they said no I didn't need one. Then I called Voom earlier this evening and spoke to two different people which both said that I wouldn't need a land line. Then when I just called back for the last time the first lady said that I didn't need one and that she was told that I would only need one for PPV. So after trying everything to get my system to work a supervisor gets on phone and tells me I need a land line and without one I can't have Voom. Thanks alot for nothing but a wasted day and four new holes in my roof and a new hole in my wall for NOTHING. I told them I wasn't going to have done all this for nothing and needed something for the trouble and the holes in my house, since I asked them over and over before the job was even scheduled if I need a land line and was told NO by everyone in that company if you want to call it that. What a day, do yourself a favor if your thinking of getting Voom DON'T I repeat DON'T DO IT it's not worth all the trouble!!!!!

Well...I'm going through the same thing right now. I have 2 boxes and both are getting the not authorized message. After a few conversations I spoke with someone from installs inc who said there is a problem with the authorization and that it should be up tomorrow. I didn't believe him, but now it sounds like, he might be right. Your phone line isn't the issue, you would be able to pull up a channel menu without a phone line. I would hold out until tomorrow and see what happens!!!

Tank1058

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 27, 2004
Thats good to hear from someone else I thought that the person from Installs Inc. was feeding me a line of BS. Do you have yours hooked to a phone line?
Keep me posted, hopefully we can get this fixed I've had my TV for almost a year and am dying for some HD programming on it.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Tank1058 said:
He said I needed one to activate the reciever and that they also wanted one connected at all times.

rudolpht: My Authorization status says: CS something is wrong because yours says: SWO

That's new to me and really it does not matter to authorize the receiver as far as I know. I do not know if Wilt is around but if are you willing to make this work, I can send your information to other person that can take care of this. Send me the your address, full name, & telephone number. Sean_Mota@Satelliteguys.us

I cannot guarantee that anything will happen tonight (damn it is the weekend!). But I will send the information and see if someone can contact you tomorrow.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
butlers said:
Well...I'm going through the same thing right now. I have 2 boxes and both are getting the not authorized message. After a few conversations I spoke with someone from installs inc who said there is a problem with the authorization and that it should be up tomorrow. I didn't believe him, but now it sounds like, he might be right. Your phone line isn't the issue, you would be able to pull up a channel menu without a phone line. I would hold out until tomorrow and see what happens!!!

Thanks butler that's good information to know...

rudolpht

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
The phone line is not required, but it can actually help with diagnostics from the service menu, which may be how they found out it was connected. Don't give up.

Do you have any over the air channels or do all channels say Not Activated?

Don't blame you for being upset. Get them to send a guy out, and with persistence they'll even send one on the weekend.

butlers

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 26, 2004
Sean Mota said:
Thanks butler that's good information to know...

I hope it all gets fixed soon.What are the odds of both of my boxes being bad. My wife is ragging me right now!Smart move, she says!! Sean, I thought you could be the heavy to get ESPN HD ON?????????

Tank1058

Feb 27, 2004
rudolpht: I can't get any channels all my screen says that my box isn't authorized. It's weird the only buttons that will do anything on my remote are the power button and the green button that will take me to the main menu. If I try to push any other buttons all I get is that evil screen nothing else.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Tank,

just got this tip: did the installer made sure of this.

"Alot of times the work order may not be checked in and make sure that they have the right services set up with that account. Or maybe they need to remove the equipment numbers from the equipment screen and reinput them."

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Tank1058 said:
Sean,

How would I find this out?

He is supposed to give two numbers to VOOM. The receiver number in the back of the receiver and the smart card number that is front compartment of the receiver. Did the installer do these two? or you do not know. If for some reason the receivers are not authorized tomorrow, this will the first thing to check to make sure they are hitting the correct receiver. Wait until tomorrow and keep this in mind to verify with CSR next time you talk to them.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Tank1058, did you get these images to look like this. You mentioned the trip count.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Tank1058

Feb 27, 2004
Sean Mota said:
Tank1058, did you get these images to look like this. You mentioned the trip count.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I can't find the screen your on in the first link. How did you get there?

On the second link mine is like this:

Reportback: Start
Trip Count: 38
Long Line says IDLE
Unit Id: Has unit #
Phone: 18005826422
Last Report time N/A
Last Report Status N/A

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Get to VOOM menu by hitting the big VOOM button
Press the green button to get to the system settings
Select System Settings
In the System Settings select option # 8 (installation Settings)
Enter 988.

You will see the following options:

1. Manual Tune
2. SD Audio & Video Test
3. HD Audio & Video Test
4. Modem Setup & Test
5. Authorization Reset
6. Factory Reset
7. Audio Test Mode

The First Screen you will find under manual Tune (option 1)

I also checked 5 on mine (authorization reset) and it sets "confirm" in a yellow button. I wonder what yours says.

Tank1058

Feb 27, 2004
I got in there and mine on #5 is the same way it says to push the yellow button to un-authorize until reauthorized by provider. What do you think would happen if I did this or the factory reset?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
What about #1 does it look the same as the first link. Take a look at the picture, of the authorization. It is the same as this?

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 141

Tank1058

Feb 27, 2004
On the #1 Link mine is like this:

Polarity: Right checked
22 KHZ Tone Select: Off checked
Synbol Rate: 22.0
Coding Mode: 2.30
EMM Provider ID: 4224
Freq. 1003.125

And where yours says tuned mine says tune

The authorization picture you have is the exact same as the one I have.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Before you try a factory reset. Did you try a reboot? Holding down the power button for 10 seconds and letting go? Try this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)