VOOM Installations

Yep the same no authorization message came right back on screen as soon as the reciever loaded up without me touching anything.

I'll try it in the morning I've had about all I can handle for today. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the help

Tank1058 said:
I'll try it in the morning I've had about all I can handle for today. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the help

No problem. Let us know what happens one way or the other.

Update: Voom still is not working, I decided not to spend my whole weekend trying to get it to work so I I unhooked it and have it sitting on the table for the installer to come back and take it away. I appreciate the help from you guys and especially Sean Mota but I will be going back to the darkside and having Comcast come out on friday and set me up with their HD reciever. I use them for my internet now and they charge me an extra $15 a month for not having their cable service. So if I get their cable I will save $15 for that plus they will give me $25 a month credit for switching back to them from Dish Net. for a total savings of $40 a month. They don't have near as many HD channels as Voom but I will get to watch The Soprano's in HD on HBO-HD and get a couple other channels like ESPN-HD and locals in HD without an antenna. They even set me up for an install time between 5-7 p.m. on friday, that is better than the last time I had them come out for my cable modem and had to choose either morning or afternoon install.

Tank1058,

sorry to hear this. I do not know if it matters anymore (since you made your decision) but did you try the factory reset or try to call customer service again?

i wouln't have given up after 1 day..it could be a simple fix or just a RUSH replacement STB bit you could order the cable while trying to make Voom right and then choose who comes thru first..it took me a few months of trying differnt things to get my OTA better and it was simple just get rid of the diplexer-run 2 seperate lines..you might have 1 simple part thats faulty that is blocking you..i don't know but raise your voice at VOOM tell them they are out if they dont fix it asap and they WILL bend over backward to help and keep you..Voom is the only company in this industry where V.p's answer questions or you can get pushed up to priority..Ever speak to the CSR's @E* or D*??fuggettaboutit

New Install!

Hey guys,

First I would like to say thanks to Sean for having such a great forum, it made the dicision to go to V* a lot easier! I just got off the phone with the installer and he is going to be here in 2.5 hours to start the install! I am really looking forward to the programing, just hope the install goes well. I'll let you guys know if I have the same problems as some of the others that had installs yesterday!

Ragnar said:
Hey guys,

First I would like to say thanks to Sean for having such a great forum, it made the dicision to go to V* a lot easier! I just got off the phone with the installer and he is going to be here in 2.5 hours to start the install! I am really looking forward to the programing, just hope the install goes well. I'll let you guys know if I have the same problems as some of the others that had installs yesterday!

Please let me know if yours works!!!!

You are in for a real treat the first time you see an actual HD picture on your own TV in your own house.
It's gonna look fantastic!!!!
Get ready to change your viewing habits.

Sean Mota said:
Butlers, what's the status of yours? What's VOOM saying?

They are saying it is an Uplink issue. They say they are working on it and that several installs across the country have the same issues. I hope it is corrected real soon, as my wife and kids are beating me up over no TV. Sean.....it is your mission, should you choose to accept, to deliver me ESPN on Voom.

on the subject of ESPN

I am pretty sure ESPN-HD is now at the top of the VOOM's wish-list, and I am also sure it is just a matter of time (and a matter of tough negotiations). But I had this thought: What if by begging too loudly we are only making it more difficult for VOOM to get it? I don't know, just a thought...

Ilya said:
I am pretty sure ESPN-HD is now at the top of the VOOM's wish-list, and I am also sure it is just a matter of time (and a matter of tough negotiations). But I had this thought: What if by begging too loudly we are only making it more difficult for VOOM to get it? I don't know, just a thought...

ESPN-HD is the worst HD channel, IMO.

WLong said:
ESPN-HD is the worst HD channel, IMO.

I haven't seen it yet but you opinion does appear to be held by a majority of HD viewers. I've heard that there is much upconverting, few true HD broadcasts and generally a PQ that doesn't compare to other HD stations. Having said all that I'm probably like most and would like to get ESPN because having something is better than nothing and I'd hold out hope that the quality issues could be resolved in the future.

Hey, I had no intention of starting a new discussion about whether ESPN is good or bad. I personally don't care about ESPN, but some people can't live without it! My comment was actually general (philosophical, if you wish): the more desperately we insist on getting some specific channel, the more difficult it might become for VOOM to actually get it!

Ilya said:
the more desperately we insist on getting some specific channel, the more difficult it might become for VOOM to actually get it!

Hey, tangents happen :-(

How does expressing a desire for a channel work against its addition to VOOM? What would be the best method for letting VOOM know that we would like them to add certain channels? I email them and call them when I have a suggestion. Am I jeopardizing the liklihood of getting what I'm after by doing this?

subdude212 said:
Hey, tangents happen :-(

How does expressing a desire for a channel work against its addition to VOOM? What would be the best method for letting VOOM know that we would like them to add certain channels? I email them and call them when I have a suggestion. Am I jeopardizing the liklihood of getting what I'm after by doing this?

Anyway......My Voom service started working a couple of hours ago. I'm not getting the 21 exclusive channels. voom said it was system wide.

Connecting 2 DVI-1 components to TV

Weird OTA Problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)