VOOM Installations

Thanks madpoet...but this came directly from Voom Customer Service will that not overide the installer orders?

I read Sean Mota's post on the work order and it doesn't say anthing about a diplexar nor separate cables from each antenna to the box.

Maybe I'm over exaggerating but when I get connected to HD I want to be able to have the best I can...!!!

Voom CSR is not the ones coming out to your house :). The work order shows that they will pay for up to 4 runs of 125' each to be run. Make sure you follow the advice to get in contact with the installer and communicate with them exactly how you want it. If they balk, tell them you know what the workorder says and contact Installs.com if they still give you greif.

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, found out about it through the guys at the AVSforum and the Home Theater Forum.

Just got off the phone with Voom and I am scheduled for an install on March 13th. Yes!!! I figured with their current promation I don't have anything to lose. I'll let you know how the installation goes. Besides running a separate coax for the OTA, is there anything else I should ask the installer to do? BTW, I am located in Miramar, FL.

Thanks,

Vlad

Vlad D said:
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, found out about it through the guys at the AVSforum and the Home Theater Forum.

Just got off the phone with Voom and I am scheduled for an install on March 13th. Yes!!! I figured with their current promation I don't have anything to lose. I'll let you know how the installation goes. Besides running a separate coax for the OTA, is there anything else I should ask the installer to do? BTW, I am located in Miramar, FL.

Thanks,

Vlad

Vlad,

Welcome.

Here are some suggestions written by subdude212. They are an excellent guideline to follow.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=55393&postcount=297

Originally Posted by Vlad D
BTW, I am located in Miramar, FL.

Wow small world...so am I and am trying to get this all figured out....!!!!
Where exactly are you? I'm at Sunset Lakes in West Miramar, FL

I just purchased my HDTV (delivers on Monday) and soon I decide on this Voom deal. Which offer did you take?

Anyone hear of 3 O'Clock Installs?

I called Installs Inc and was told that they are not doing the install, instead 3 O'Clock Installs would be doing my install.

I called 3 O'Clock Installs and got an answering machine, it sounded like a 1 man operation.

Anyone had any dealing with them?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Anyone hear of 3 O'Clock Installs?

I called Installs Inc and was told that they are not doing the install, instead 3 O'Clock Installs would be doing my install.

I called 3 O'Clock Installs and got an answering machine, it sounded like a 1 man operation.

Anyone had any dealing with them?

Good Luck Scott. They put mine up Wednesday. It worked fine until it got cloudy. I dont think they have a clue. They are out of Norwalk. Owner's name is Tim. His partner was wearing Directv sweatshirt. Bet Voom would love to hear that. As you can tell I am not a happy camper.

Help, Lost signal again.

I lost signal again . The satellite signal strength meter is yellow and stuck on 99. No matter where I move dish Signal strength doesnt change.

it's back.

Got off the phone with csr. They know less than the installers. Any way all they know how to do is unplug reciever and let it reboot. That fixed my signal meter problem. I had to go realign dish signal is back. Guess they haven't got all the bugs out yet. Had bad day today. Put up antenna hooked up rotor and it doesnt turn. Have to take it down tomorrow to check wires. Shouldn't have put it up 20 ft.

pmalve said:
Good Luck Scott. They put mine up Wednesday. It worked fine until it got cloudy. I dont think they have a clue. They are out of Norwalk. Owner's name is Tim. His partner was wearing Directv sweatshirt. Bet Voom would love to hear that. As you can tell I am not a happy camper.

Scott, I was wrong. I don't think problem is in the dish, I think it is in the reciever. I had a bad day today and my patience is a little lost:). My biggest complaint now is there is no way to add WTICDT and WVITDT as they are both live now. I want to see if this antenna that my wife says will reach aliens works.

Indoor Install?

I have a problem. I live in a high-rise in Chicago and am unable to install a dish on the exterior of our building. Being on the 32nd floor of a 55 story building, I can not run cable to the roof.

So the question is this: I want Voom so I can enjoy my new HDTV. I have a southern view from my knee to ceiling windows. I can easily view where the bird is. Is it possible for the signal to pass through glass so I can just install the dish inside my unit?

I realize it may impact my signal strength, but since this is my only option I'm not opposed to dealing with occasional drop out during rainy days...

Thanks for any replies!
-= Michael =-

Sean Mota said:
Mikechi79,

welcome. I guess balcony is not an option, is it?

Nope...

Our windows open about 2 feet tall and there is a pillar of the building right outside my window with a south east exposure, so I may ask my installer to put it there. I've seen other people in the building do it, but we're not allowed to - that's why if I can do it inside the window, I will.

Our windows are barely 3/4" inch thick, and are single layer. They're old windows, so I'm hoping that may work to my advantage here!

mikechi79 said:
Nope...

Our windows open about 2 feet tall and there is a pillar of the building right outside my window with a south east exposure, so I may ask my installer to put it there. I've seen other people in the building do it, but we're not allowed to - that's why if I can do it inside the window, I will.

Our windows are barely 3/4" inch thick, and are single layer. They're old windows, so I'm hoping that may work to my advantage here!

I'll try to find out...

Ok here's your answer:

Should be if he can see and there's no metal screening/grids in the windows. Glass should be a big deal, could get a bit dicey if rain sheet's on it, but could work. Some sort of tripod mount or what?
Wilt

chicago install

Ok they are here to install. So far so good. Getting everything ready to go. he has little hope in being able to get WBBM (known problem) but does not see nay issue's with the install. Supposed to be a two room install, they only sent him with one box, the work orer is correct so they will runs two lines and then come back the second box. Says that the diplexor issue has been solved, also probably wouldn't hurt my signal since I am so close to the towers (lincoln park). Also does not need 40 ft ladder so no extra charge. so I will report later.

Seanb61 said:
Ok they are here to install. So far so good. Getting everything ready to go. he has little hope in being able to get WBBM (known problem) but does not see nay issue's with the install. Supposed to be a two room install, they only sent him with one box, the work orer is correct so they will runs two lines and then come back the second box. Says that the diplexor issue has been solved, also probably wouldn't hurt my signal since I am so close to the towers (lincoln park). Also does not need 40 ft ladder so no extra charge. so I will report later.

Sean - I'm curious, since I also had Adant install mine -- is your installer's name David? He did pretty good with my install.

Antenna Install

Adant came out yesterday to finish the install on the stealth antenna (missing part) - it did not work, so they are coming out next Saturday with a bigger rooftop antenna. They did a great job on installation, and have been really good to deal with-very concerned that I am completely satisfied with the install, service, etc.

Sean Mota said:
Ok here's your answer:

Well that's excellent news! Do you see any disadvantage to trying it this way?

If there is any signal loss, how low is ok?

I'm actually going to attach it to the wall up high. It's ok for me to put stuff up inside, but outside is owned by the building, not the condo owners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)