VOOM Installations

This makes me feel much better. Hopefully I have the same pleasant experience you had...actually I wish it on everyone.

Bill

Update: Received a call from Joe Harkins of Installs, Inc & Lori H. on speakerphone this afternoon. They informed me that it could be rescheduled with the same cotractor "Emerald Coast" or we could delay it a couple days and have it done by an entirely different company. I opted to have it done by a completely new company. If this first one was dumb enough to employ this first batch of losers, then who knows what I will get next time. So, more delays for me on this now. I guess I will get installed next week at this rate.

In the meantime I will have new lines run everywhere RG6-quad shield HE cable including out to the location of the dish to be installed. All this new company will have to do is mount the dish and connect the cables to their equipment, etc. So hopefully this will make it easier for everyone involved. In any case, it should be fun to see how all of this ends up. :D

Cheers,
Andy

Sorry to hear about your nightmare Andy. You acted just like you should have...and I give you credit for the patience you tried to extend to those knuckleheads.

Note to myself: If the installers come across as complete idiots during tomorrows install, send them on their way....remember Andy's post...remember Andy's post...remember Andy's post....remember Andy's post. :)

Bill

Crypto said:
Update: Received a call from Joe Harkins of Installs, Inc & Lori H. on speakerphone this afternoon. They informed me that it could be rescheduled with the same cotractor "Emerald Coast" or we could delay it a couple days and have it done by an entirely different company. I opted to have it done by a completely new company. If this first one was dumb enough to employ this first batch of losers, then who knows what I will get next time. So, more delays for me on this now. I guess I will get installed next week at this rate.

In the meantime I will have new lines run everywhere RG6-quad shield HE cable including out to the location of the dish to be installed. All this new company will have to do is mount the dish and connect the cables to their equipment, etc. So hopefully this will make it easier for everyone involved. In any case, it should be fun to see how all of this ends up. :D

Cheers,
Andy

Glad to see something is being done for ya! That was a horrible experience indeed! I don't know what I would of done, had I been in your shoes. I would of probably *physically* threw them out. I can't stand idiots like those guys you described, who have that (don't care attitude)!

Good news -- They got it scheduled with another group out of LA. I spoke in length with this contractor and he seemed to understand my issues and was even briefed as to the problems I had experienced today by Installs, Inc. They are supposedly shipping out a brand new unit to him overnight today and he is going to perform the installation on Friday if everything falls into place. Hopefully this will go much better this time around. Cannot imagine how much worse it could get... ;)

So we will see what happens.
Andy

My VOOM install is scheduled for tomorrow morning. I have emailed the subcontractor hired by Installs Inc and gave them the lowdown on my job. Haven't heard back from them yet.

If any contractor at my house treated me as poorly as the installers treated Andy, I would quickly show them the barrel of my shotgun and get them off my property ASAP.

Glad to see VOOM is responding in a favorable manner to this fiasco.

Installs, Inc. has been tremendously supportive of this issue. I have received more callbacks today from very concerned & supportive employees at Installs, Inc. than I can count. They are truly a class act organization and they actually mentioned a post in their conversation with me, so maybe this site has actually helped pushed the exposure (and the subsequent) response along greatly. Thanks!!!

Let's see what happens on Friday! Should I dare turn on my digital camcorder for this one or will it go on without incident? :D

Andy

Again that's why we all keep voom thru thick and thin so far..they are not charging untill things are right,management will talk to you and do anything to make it right,top exec monitor these boards,top tech guy Wilt: helps all..etc etc etc does Dish,or Directv offer that?? yeah HD is coming soon (2 years ago)

I love the concept of Voom & I am really excited about getting the service --- You say they read the forums --- Hmmmmmm.... Just waiting to see if they will provide me a nice Voom shirt and hat and maybe a months credit for my problems thusfar! --- This would be a really nice gesture and they would get great advertising here!

PS: If you listening out there Voom, I wear an XL

:D :D :D :D :D

Is the installer "Gauthier" ?? Make sure they ground your wires properly ... they did a nice job with my wall fish, but didn't ground a thing.

I would recommend anyone having an installer in to install their satellite TV system to document the entire installation by digital camera. This will give you proof of before and after in case of damages. A good installer will have no problem with this.

All companies have problems with installers at one time or another. Prove a problem by photos or video and you'll get quick response from any quality company.

I allow my men to charge up to $35. per wallfish. The normal price is 20-25 dollars.

I have been working with Jeff from VOOM for some VOOM giveaways, hopefully soon we will have some VOOM products to give away so we can spread the word about VOOM. :)

Just waiting to hear back from Jeff now.

I had a bad 1st installation also. Not quite as bad as yours. Installs Inc and VOOM bad good on it right away. I wish you the best of luck Friday. I'm sure everything will run smoothly.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I have been working with Jeff from VOOM for some VOOM giveaways, hopefully soon we will have some VOOM products to give away so we can spread the word about VOOM. :)

That's great Scott...

Scott Greczkowski said:

The best gift would be a stable picture and a stable box.

Wow, What A Horror Story

Well, my install is scheduled for Saturday. Guess who my installer is? Emerald Coast, just my luck. I called them two days ago. They are located in Gulf Shores, they explained that Voom sends them the box and then they sent it to an installer in my area. I live in Phenix City, AL (200+ miles away).
After checking antennaweb I discovered that my antenna zones are red, blue and violet. The Stealth covers yellow and green. I called Emerald and asked them to also bring the upgraded antenna to prevent a possible 2nd trip. They explained that the installer must come and verify that I need the antenna first. This seems like a dumb and costly way to do business to me, but I will wait and see.
I will call them again tomorrow to see if they received the Voom and sent it to the installer.

RickyMac,

given the story above, I will be very hesitant to install with these guys if I were you. I would call installs inc and ask for another installer (even at the sacrifice of rescheduling). I would not take the chance. Just my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts