VOOM Installations

G

Original poster
So...has anyone registered AND been contacted by VOOM yet?

I think the subject line speaks for itself....I registered for more info on their test site (before they pulled the plug), and I received an e-mail welcoming me. I also tried to buy the service and got as far as putting in the credit card info before it stopped me. Can you tell I want more HD?! After they went off-line and came back on October 1, I registered on the "new" web site (at 6:00 am, CST). I have not been contacted yet. It would be nice to get everything installed, etc., prior to the 10/15 launch, but maybe they won't even install until after 10/15. By the way, I'm in B'ham, AL.

Tim

I think while we will see a national rollout the first month or so of installs will be done in Cablevisions Tri State area.

There are a lot of unanswered questions about voom, like what if I already have a Dish pointed at 61.5 and a goot OTA antenna on my Roof? Do I get a discount?

You also have to think about all the money you have to spend to get the hardware and installation. You do not want to have to spend that much if they are not going to stay in business and have the hardware be more doorstops.

Maybe it is a risk, but it's one I'm willing to take with free proramming until January AND a 30-day guarantee. I finally just called 1-800-getvoom and spoke to a very nice/helpful person to have VOOM installed. The earliest that it is being installed anywhere is October 22 (confirmed from other "early adopters"), and I am scheduled for 8:00 on the 22nd. My only concern is whether I can see the 61.5 bird due to the trees in my yard.

Took the leap today..signed up for oct 22nd .. Hope they do it right,and it will be huge for us and cablevision.if not,another globalstar

I just signed up. It will be installed the
morning of the 22nd. I confirmed with the CSR all that has been said
here:

Final programming choices will be made public on the 15th.
You can cancel your installation any time before the installation date.
You do get 30 day, money back garuntee, from the installation date.
The website will be live on the 15th.

I currently am in a NRTC area of Direct TV, so I don't get any of
Direct TV's good deals. I was about to order Dish, but I wanted to
wait for the DVI receiver. Then I heard about voom, and with the
above deal, it seemed like a no brainer to give it a shot.

TimCL said:
Maybe it is a risk, but it's one I'm willing to take with free proramming until January AND a 30-day guarantee. I finally just called 1-800-getvoom and spoke to a very nice/helpful person to have VOOM installed. The earliest that it is being installed anywhere is October 22 (confirmed from other "early adopters"), and I am scheduled for 8:00 on the 22nd. My only concern is whether I can see the 61.5 bird due to the trees in my yard.

This is one of the best times of the year to find out for sure what satellites you can see just by looking where sunlight falls on your house. Check out this link at DBSForums.

Thanks for the links! Of course Bham, AL has had no rain for weeks, and now that is all it is doing. I hope it clears up soon so I can test the info!

Does anyone have VOOM Yet?

I was at 2 of our local Sears stores last night and 1 didn't have any lititature or anything and the other one only had up 3 big banners on the wall.

I asked the sales rep some questions and all they could tell me is that they give you a voucher and they send someone out to install it.

I would have liked to try out their service yesterday, but I just refuse to go through Sears.

You can call 1-800-GET-VOOM and deal with them directly. You really don't need Sears as a middle man.

Is it any cheaper if you go through VOOM directly or is it the same price having to pay the $49 up front?

Stargazer said:
Is it any cheaper if you go through VOOM directly or is it the same price having to pay the $49 up front?

Same price, you just eliminate the middleman.

I went to a Sears here in the Denver area and they had a Voom receiver sitting on top of a monitor but the salesguy said they were waiting for an installer to hook it up. He said to check back later on this week...

VOOM Install Info

Dear Tim Love,

Thank you for your recent purchase from Voom. Your installation request, Job Number 5000-XXX, has been delivered to INSTALLS inc., our nationwide installation management company.

The local installer information for your installation is as follows:

Company: Installs Inc
Phone Number: (800) 344-4856 (Call this number to confirm an appointment)
Email Address: spectrum@installs.com

Per the information we received, you have requested an installation for a VOOM 2 ROOM INSTALLATION.

The standard installation for the technician to complete the job is as follows:

Equipment will be shipped to installer for delivery to customer's home (dish, off air antenna, receivers, welcome kit). Mount satellite and off-air antennas, using SBCA standards, to the exterior structure of home, and align for peak satellite and off-air reception. Diplex Dish and Antenna feeds, and route two
lines (four if DVR type) up to 125 ft each of RG-6 coaxial cable to two TV locations. Ground satellite, antenna, and cables to local and NEC standards.
Receivers must be connected to hard wired land line or by a wireless (min 56k capable) phone system for the job to be considered complete. Program supplied remote to operate TV. Activate customer selected programming. Give the welcome kit and provide instruction to familiarize the customer with the basic use of
their system. Obtain customer satisfaction sign-off. Report completion on DOLI.

Any additional work you request or require will be negotiated between you and the technician. You will pay him directly for any additional work. Please address any questions with the local office at the time you confirm your scheduled appointment.

If you have any questions or problems with regard to your order, please call INSTALLS inc at (800) 344-4856 and reference your Job Number 5000-099. Thank you.

Hmmm, a phone line connection requirement. I figure if people have the $749 to shell out for the system that they would have a phone in their house.

All Voom Installs pushed back to 11/4

I just got off the phone with Installs Inc. They are rescheduling all Voom installs for 11/4 at the earliest. They didn't say why, but one can only assume that all the issues we've been seeing are the reason for this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)