VOOM is AMAZING!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
ChetK said:
I'm with DarrellP, barth2k, squicken, Conjuror, Dvlos, and anyone who says that Voom's PQ is not as good as other sat providers. Dish Network's HD picture quality looks like you're looking through a clear clean window. Voom's picture quality looks like you're looking through a dirty, uncleaned windows with misquitos flying around. :no
Hey Chet, do you think their broadcast center might be in New Jersey or Detroit? :D (No offense to anyone living there, just a joke). FWIW, where I live in Oregon: the Willamette Valley is one of the worst places in the country for allergies, the air here is awful. :shocked

Houston is pretty bad about smog too. Everytime I go to the Dr. for sinus related issues, every Dr. I've ever seen says, "Well, you are in Houston you know?!" :rolleyes: :no

VOOM does ROCK. Some of the technical issues are really Motorola problems more than V's. Need Fox Sports South soon though. Football season is just around the corner. Also, DVR is going to be nice.

Chet, how do you ever get to watch Voom? My parents live in Houston and got 18 inches of rain last month. If I get a even a light shower I get nothing. Fortunately it doesn't rain much in Lubbock.

-chad

I own a 50" Hitachi LCD HDTV. The PQ is much better than with Dish Network. I'm not sure what some of you are talking about with PQ issues on HD. I guess I haven't seen better so VOOM is the best so far! Here's something interesting. I overheard a CircuitCity salesman tell a HDTV customer to give up the Dish and subscribe to VOOM. He had some really cool things to say about VOOM. I spoke to him after and he was very bitter with CircuitCity's advice on satellite subscription. He said many customers are ignorant to what's really good out there... interesting... The word's getting around....

eq9, did you have the Dish HD Package? If you did then you would know what great HD looks like. I agree the SD stuff is much better on Voom (for the most part).

I love Voom as well. I rarely watched my HD with Comcast, and as of tomorrow all I'll have is the anaolog cable for the channels my wife can't be without (Food, etc)

MonstersHD alone makes it worth it :)

It seemed to me the only HD channel that had a wow factor was HDNet, everything else was equal to Voom, and the SD on Dish is horrid, I also can't freaking stand Dish's menu system it sucks nads.

Dvlos said:
It seemed to me the only HD channel that had a wow factor was HDNet, everything else was equal to Voom, and the SD on Dish is horrid, I also can't freaking stand Dish's menu system it sucks nads.
I agree, I was watching Heaven & Earth on HDNET Movies last night and the PQ was equivelant to Voom, it was very soft and did not have the normal WOW factor. I tuned to HDNET to watch Bikini Destinations and WOWOWOWOW! And the bikinis weren't even on yet. :yes

What really burns me about the guide on the 6000: I will go out in the guide 5 or 6 hours and all the data loads and I can go back and forth no problem, then in 30 minutes, I'll check again and it's back to current and next. WTF is that? Where does the data go? It's very discouraging, sometimes I want to throw the damn thing to Colorado and hope it hits Charlie on the head. :shocked

eg9 said:
I overheard a CircuitCity salesman tell a HDTV customer to give up the Dish and subscribe to VOOM. He had some really cool things to say about VOOM. I spoke to him after and he was very bitter with CircuitCity's advice on satellite subscription. He said many customers are ignorant to what's really good out there... interesting... The word's getting around....

I was at best buy getting a new set of front speakers a couple of weeks ago, there was an older couple there getting the Direct TV sales pitch. I listened to it while waiting for the salesperson to get my speakers. They wound up buying Two D* HD recievers for almost $1000 ( I was in line behind them at checkout) I wanted to say something but kept my mouth shut....

$1000 and they'll get 5 or 6 HD channels and have to pay extra every month for the privilege.

DarrellP said:
..... sometimes I want to throw the damn thing to Colorado and hope it hits Charlie on the head. :shocked

I wish I could throw it from here as well... I paid $1200 for two of these :mad:

Voom on Computer Monitor - Marketing opportunity
HDTV on a full bandwidth computer monitor is a secret waiting to be shared.
My Sony 23" has 2 DVI connectors. When I'm rebooting, waiting for downloads, or finding a story or program via Internet, I simply switch the monitor to Input 2 and Voom!
Most LCD monitors have bandwidth to burn since viewing small text requires a full light to dark transition for each displayable pixel. A monitor, as opposed to a TV, is supposed to be viewed at arms length. The sharpness and wide field of view I think is even better than plasma or projectors, though admittedly it's mainly for 1 or 2 viewers only.

I watched Dish & OTA HD on my old VGA computer monitor for 3 years before I bought my projector and it's the best HD I've ever experienced.

I have to say that I do not understand the people that bash VOOM left and right. Yes, they have issues, but they aren't near as bad as the other DBS providers. Let's see:

1) D*. They were my first when I didn't know any better. Had them for years, and paid out the nose for their service. Then they decided it would be a great idea to start sueing their customers! Buh-bye!

2) E*. I was excited after all of the die-hard fans kept telling me how technically superior they are compared to D*. Maybe it was just me, but the D* PQ was a hell of a lot better. I ordered the 1 811 & 1 301 package, and scheduled the install two weeks in advance. They called me the night before to make sure everything was on and I told them yes. The day of the install they call and said they can't because they're out of 811s! After making calls and complaining I finally got them out to install 2 301s and put me on the "waiting list" for the 811 that I ordered and was promised. Fast-forward 6 months after being told every month that I'm still on the list, and they're still out (despite the continued ads trying to sell the 811). I jump ship only to find out now all of a sudden they have some in stock (coincidence? na!) and oh, they never did put me on the waiting list even though they kept saying I was on it! They promised to have the receiver out the next day. I told them too late. I was tired of waiting and I was tired of being lied to.

3) VOOM. So far my only problems have been the failure to pick-up a couple of OTA channels (which is not VOOM's fault, and nothing a new OTA antenna won't fix), and the fact that they double-charged me STB lease fees, which they credited on the account.

Yes, VOOM's STB has some "issues", but nothing that's a huge deal breaker. Their customer service hasn't lied to me, and has actually treated me like a person. Their service is cheaper than everybody else's around here, and one of the only ones to offer a no contract offer.

So far I've been very happy with VOOM!

-Dustin

Sean and DarrellP, please be careful when aiming your E* stuff at Charlie's head. The E* HQ is not too far from the Stone household. There is also a big Comcast building close by. This place could be hazardous if equipment begins flying in from Oregon and New York. The slightest miscalculation could be a disaster. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts