Voom mailing

rgarbonzo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
Oregon, Oh
Anyone else get a mailing from Voom? It specifies on the DVR, released this fall with 160GB storage, completely networkable with all V* boxes.

rgarbonzo said:
Anyone else get a mailing from Voom? It specifies on the DVR, released this fall with 160GB storage, completely networkable with all V* boxes.

Not everyone got it. Can you post a copy of it?

This comes from a Voom mailing I received

The most frequently asked questions
Is there a DVR (Digital Video Recorder) with VOOM?
Soon enough. This fall, VOOM will be releasing a revolutionary HD DVR system _ completely networkable with all your VOOM boxes with 160 GB storage.

Also it mentions that the system is ready for MPEG-4 right now

I got it too but threw it away, I was wondering why they sent me something to subscribe to VOOM when I already had it. That was what it said though.

kaw

Reprint

The Most Sophisticated Service. period.
The whole world is going high definition and VOOM was built from the ground up to lead the charge. From our sophisticated satellite right down to the in home equipment, VOOM is the most technologically advanced TV service anywhere. And someday very soon, every other TV service will be scrambling just to keep up.
-1080i resolution on all VOOM HD oeiginals - for the best picture quality
-DVI output - for the best broadcast reception
-System-ready for MPEG-4-for double the programming capacity
-USB port-for whole house networking solutions
-Dual LNB-for multi-use media applications
-Dolby Digital 5.1 (when available)-for the best sound quality
-Customer-focused call center-dedicated to comprehensive issue resolution

It sounds like the current system is MPEG4 ready to me

The only thing more unreliable than a live voom CSR is a voom flyer. Just look at the original channel list ads for voom. LMAO

riffjim4069 said:
Ummm...Firewire???
I dont think you are going to see it. Not with HDCP active on the DVI port. I think Voom is trying to close the analog hole not open another one for copying. LMAO. Blame Disney. :D

rgarbonzo said:
Reprint

The Most Sophisticated Service. period.
The whole world is going high definition and VOOM was built from the ground up to lead the charge. From our sophisticated satellite right down to the in home equipment, VOOM is the most technologically advanced TV service anywhere. And someday very soon, every other TV service will be scrambling just to keep up.
-1080i resolution on all VOOM HD oeiginals - for the best picture quality
-DVI output - for the best broadcast reception
-System-ready for MPEG-4-for double the programming capacity
-USB port-for whole house networking solutions
-Dual LNB-for multi-use media applications
-Dolby Digital 5.1 (when available)-for the best sound quality
-Customer-focused call center-dedicated to comprehensive issue resolution

It sounds like the current system is MPEG4 ready to me
My BS-sense is tingling :eek:

And today I was ready to throw the towel in and cancel! The STB has been acting real weird the last couple of days. Wrong channel assignments, freeze ups causing the need to reboot and loss of signal after changing channels. Guess I will hold out a little longer in anticipation of the DVR actually materializing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)