voom need to add religious channels

We get too much religious dogma shoved on us by the G.W. Bush Theocracy that last thing I want to see in HD is religious right wing christian dogma Keep Voom Secular

Voomster

stockymd said:
Can't you just program your favorites to help avoid going through every channel.
Depends. The Favorites only work if you hit the Favorites button. Voom needs to take a look at Dish and see how they do Favorites and Planners.

This is lame:

Your Favorites are only good in the Favorites list.
The Favorites do not start listing from the channel you are on.
If you use the Surf Bar, it shows all channels.
If you use the Surf Bar and go out beyond the current time and channel up or down, it defaults back to the current time.
The Surf Bar is NOT transparent.
The Surf Bar goes away all by itself after 5 seconds of inactivity (THIS BUGS THE HELL OUT OF ME, DISH GOES 5 MINUTES).
You can NOT punch in a channel number on the Surf Bar and have it display that channels info, instead, the stb changes to that channel.
Info in the EPG is lacking tons of info that Dish provides.
Program Planner defaults to Remind, come on Voom, make it Power On.
Program Planner has no options for starting early or ending late.
Program Planner is not repetitive.
My Program Planner fails most of the time if I leave the stb off.
Leaving my stb ON so I can get programs, makes my EPG go to 12 hours.
The EPG takes too damned long to load when you reset the stb.

stockymd said:
Wow what a list of complaints.....be sure to put this one on your resume. :D
I think he posted in the wrong thread... ;)

stockymd said:
Can't you just program your favorites to help avoid going through every channel.
Sure i could but my favorites wouldnt be my daughters favorites nor would i allow her to watch some of my favorites, which is why i also mentioned profiles but also the fact that you need to go to the guide to find favorites ? i would like to surf just the channels i want no guide just up and down, im sure most of us feel the same wayt :)

Dish gives you 4 different Favorites lists that you can custom name.

Get off your arse Voom, get with the rest of the industry, or are we going to have to wait for the PVR for this to happen? I hope the PVR allows creation of Folders for storing programs, but then again, given the state of the current stb, I highly doubt it.

Indy said:
I can see this thread going up in flames any minute. Did someone bring the marshmallows?

Burn baby burn

afi005.gif

enough with the SD channels. we are over due for some HD channels,
Is there anyone who really cares the weather channel is coming in HD ?

Um let's keep the religious brainwashing to the free OTA broadcasts. We need more HD content and can do without wasting channels on religion of any kind. As someone stated earlier our "leader" and his policy are already doing enough to erode the lines between church and state. I want my Voom HD not GOD.

On the other hand IF Voom adds any religious channels they need to add ALL of them. We've gotten away from the freedom of religion guaranteed to us by The Constitution Of The United States Of America. There have to be plenty of non christian channels out there. If you have one you have to have them all!!!

On a side note, will someone else please stand up against the PTC. If they have it there way all we'll be able to see is ABC family, Discovery channel, PAX, and CBS. Visit www.parentstv.org.

53% is not a mandate.

I agree that with the current limited bandwith, the religious channels, shoppting channels and any other screw ball channels can wait until we have more HD but also the capacity without sacrifciing the pq. However, I wouldn't pick on religion as such. There is a place for TV ministry and they could show the shopping channels a thing or two about selling and raising money. I am not against religious channels...just not yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)