Voom Predictions for 6/1/04

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
SciFi and USA will be added, now that they're part of NBC Universal. (Just a guess.) HGTV will succeed Fox News and SciFi as the number one channel people say is holding them back from subscribing to VOOM.

It's there vurbano, just believe what other's are saying for a change.
People don't say this, because they need something to talk about.

Call yourself lucky, if you don't see it.

Granted, it's not a "HUGE" stutter, one has to be kind of a "videophile" to see it. My wife does not see it also, but it is there, and if I show it to her, she sees it too. :)

Scubasoul said:
It's there vurbano, just believe what other's are saying for a change.
People don't say this, because they need something to talk about.

Call yourself lucky, if you don't see it.

Granted, it's not a "HUGE" stutter, one has to be kind of a "videophile" to see it. My wife does not see it also, but it is there, and if I show it to her, she sees it too. :)
Your wife doesnt see it but you do?

Scubasoul said:
Yep, that is what I said.
Was that so difficult to understand? LMAO
yup, I didnt know it was so tiny some people could see it and others couldnt when looking at the same TV.

vurbano said:
yup, I didnt know it was so tiny some people could see it and others couldnt when looking at the same TV.

That means you are not a videophile.

Read my post again, you still don't get it.

Scubasoul said:
That means you are not a videophile.

Read my post again, you still don't get it.
what the part about how they arent huge? So if I see them im in the videophile club?

vurbano said:
what the part about how they arent huge? So if I see them im in the videophile club?

Ok, let's try it one more time.

I said"...My wife does not see it also, but it is there, and if I show it to her, she sees it too.

Get it?

Scubasoul said:
Ok, let's try it one more time.

I said"...My wife does not see it also, but it is there, and if I show it to her, she sees it too.

Get it?
well is there an exercise to make it bigger?:D

If Jay were here, he'd remind everyone that he never noticed it until someone told him how to look for it. He has said that it's not obvious, but he can't get himself to NOT look for it. I have never been able to see them on my TV, but my TV is on the small side (that doesn't make me less of a man :) ). A friend of mine has Voom on a 60" set and I've seen it happen there, but you really have to try and see it. I don't think it was intended, but saying "well I'm a videophile and you're not" can come of as snobbish. If we want HT snobs, we can hang out in the AVS forums.

cyuhnke said:
If Jay were here, he'd remind everyone that he never noticed it until someone told him how to look for it. He has said that it's not obvious, but he can't get himself to NOT look for it. I have never been able to see them on my TV, but my TV is on the small side (that doesn't make me less of a man :) ). A friend of mine has Voom on a 60" set and I've seen it happen there, but you really have to try and see it. I don't think it was intended, but saying "well I'm a videophile and you're not" can come of as snobbish. If we want HT snobs, we can hang out in the AVS forums.

Some people just don't see these things, you know, that's just fine, but when these same people say it's not there and blast other's who actually SEE it, oh well, you know...

By the way, I'm not posting at AVS, but vurbano is well known at AVS, does that make him a "HT snob"?

I was making a general observation on AVS forum decorum. I was trying to give my opinion on the problem, not offend anyone.

cyuhnke said:
I was making a general observation on AVS forum decorum. I was trying to give my opinion on the problem, not offend anyone.

Well sure, you didn't offend me, but there may be some guys here who post at AVS :eek:

I find AVS to be one of the best there is.

I like AVS forum as well, though I'm not an active member. 90% of the members are very helpful and patient, but some of the long-time members can be very rude and condescending. As if newbies are supposed to know how everything works. I've read Vurbano's post over there. I think he's opiniated, but not in a condescending manner.

Hey Mr. Sean Mota. I have finally taken the plunge for Voom. I am wondering. Do you know anything about all of those new SD channels you mentioned as coming soon? You even had channel numbers. There were some Cinemax channels, Showtime Beyond, some Encore channels, some basic channels. Any news? I wouldn't mind having Sundance Channel back either, but that hasn't been mentioned anywhere.

DBSOgre,

welcome to voom club... those channels was what VOOM originally wanted to add. As you have seen some of them have made it some are still up in the air. They might be added but as of today we do not know.

Sean Mota said:
DBSOgre,

welcome to voom club... those channels was what VOOM originally wanted to add. As you have seen some of them have made it some are still up in the air. They might be added but as of today we do not know.

What's this WE don't know? :) You've been ending too many sentences . . . :cool: BTW, did you have the low-down on DIVINE before it hit?

vurbano said:
what are the percentages? Do we have some data on this?
Have to ask Jay when he returns to the forum-as he said, some see the sttttttuttttters and some don't-maybe you are part of the some who don't-LMAO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts