Voom pricing....ARGH!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Gregg Loewen

Founder, PVA: Professional Video Alliance
Original poster
Corporate Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 13, 2003
New England
Hi

Just to let you all know,

I signed up for Voom in Oct. It was improperly installed in December and then corrected in January.

I was billed $1312.48 in January, despite there being 2 discounts / promotions between Oct and Jan. The first was the decrease in the 2nd box to $199, the other being the decrease in the primary box with installation to $399.

I was told that there is nothing Voom can do for me as I signed up at the "original / old" pricing. I asked to speak with somebody in "retainment" and was told they have no such department.

I asked to have my service cancelled and be refunded my $1312.48. I was then told that I have money back guarantee until April 30th.

When you sign on for a service with a performance guarantee I expected that would include some kind of price protection. Unless this is remedied I will be removing Voom from my hometheater.

What have been the experiences of others??? I cant believe the lack of service on the other end of 1 800 get-voom.

Argh!

Voom PR people, feel free to call me at 201 232 3380, if you would like to share your strategy for retaining early subscribers. I welcome your input.

Regards

Gregg Loewen
Lion Audio Video Consultants
www.lionav.com
gregg@lionav.com
Cell 201 232 3380

Gregg, you should be able to get $300 for the 2nd box since you were overcharged for it. For the second promotion, I am in the same boat as you. To get the $300 tell them that you saw that Sears had the $199 price but yet you were overcharged for it. That's what I told them. I was installed in November 22 and got $326 refunded yesterday for that second receiver.

when i called voom at 1-800-get-voom and bought the 399 deal the csr asked me if i wanted another receiver for 199 and i told him no not right now because i only have 1 hdtv set as of now.

hi guys!!

Wow, I am happy to report that Voom is listening!!. I had a representative contact me today and told me that they will be crediting me the price difference with the 2nd IRD. She also stated Voom is working to resolve other pricing / promotional differences and to remember that it is "free" service until the end of April and to give them some time to work out the problems that they run up against.!!

Stay tuned for more...

Gregg, glad to hear that you are going to get your $300 back for the 2nd IRD. Good to hear about the second line:

Voom is working to resolve other pricing / promotional differences

hi guys

Im just getting back from a Florida calibration trip...anyways.

I had not heard any final word from Voom so I gave them a call. They immediately returned the call and apologized.

Voom is giving me a full refund and switching me over to the lease option of $10 / month for the first box, then $5 / month for the second box. In addition, they are also giving me a certain amount of free programming as a "good will" gesture, due to some of my problems (signed on in October and not functioning until Jan).

Voom is # 1!!! Now bring on the PVR!! (and activate the firewire :) )

Their new price structure is awesome and I would easily / highly recommend the service to any of my clients.

Thank you Voom!

Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen said:
hi guys

I had not heard any final word from Voom so I gave them a call. They immediately returned the call and apologized.

Voom is giving me a full refund and switching me over to the lease option of $10 / month for the first box, then $5 / month for the second box. In addition, they are also giving me a certain amount of free programming as a "good will" gesture, due to some of my problems (signed on in October and not functioning until Jan).

Their new price structure is awesome and I would easily / highly recommend the service to any of my clients.

Thank you Voom!

Gregg Loewen

Gregg this is awesome! do you have to deinstall/install in order to change to the lease option? Do you happen to know the name of the person you spoke to?

Gregg Loewen said:
hi guys

Thank you Voom!

Gregg Loewen

Greg, I'm glad everything worked out for ya! Good to see you on the board, I've seen you in other forums aswell, so it's nice to see a familiar face here. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)