Voom satellite down?

sysctl

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Came home today, and again no TV. Called Voom, CSR had me do a reboot and pull plug (which I had already done). Nothing but channel bar at 100 and a black screen. She said their satellite had gone down, and Motorola was working on it? Anyway, she said she had escalated my issue and I wouldn't be charged for my downtime (from other posts it looks like I'll just be charged two or three times to make up for it). Anyone else having the same issues? Voom seems to be getting too much of a hassle, and no real substance.

CSR's are
poop.gif

I have the same problem but my CSR didn't say the satellite was down but it was a head end issue and Motorola was working on it. Mine is dead...dead ...dead. I can't even select a sub menu such as settings. This is more than a PG glitch. It shouldn't wipe out the submenus from the main menu. Even the local OTA DT's don't work. Now that has nothing to do with the Satellite.

I have been now told it may take days to correct. DAYS. I don't know why some boxes were hit worse than others but mine seems fried. Nothing. I will give them two days and then I want a new box. This is for the birds (no satellite pun intended)

I wonder how many subs Voom will lose because of this and the new multiple billing problem? Glad I cancelled today.

that would stink if their satellite fell down and they had to re-launch it :haha :haha

That would suck because it would mean that our current theory of gravity was severely broken.

ChetK said:
Amen to that.

However, if you have been without the service (3rd day now) you would feel hassled and they still have not promised to send another box. Just that they are workiong on the problem. No channels...not even local OTA DTV .

Service Out

I guess I'm not the only one! :( I lost service a few days ago; No sat or OTA channels! The little satellite icon light remains RED at all times. The CSR believed it was a fried LNB but that does not appear to be the case inasmuch as I replaced the LNB and still did not work.

I have a service call scheduled on 7/22. What could these guys possibly do to fix the problem? Give me a new STB perhaps?

Martin-

(I'm in Connecticut).

hassles

I had to do the press and hold the power button bit yesterday, but other than that the only problems I've had are the usual video and audio drop outs on HD channels. :eek: Still running 5.68 code.

Who has gotten red light dead box fix?

gutter said:
I have the same problem but my CSR didn't say the satellite was down but it was a head end issue and Motorola was working on it. Mine is dead...dead ...dead. I can't even select a sub menu such as settings. This is more than a PG glitch. It shouldn't wipe out the submenus from the main menu. Even the local OTA DT's don't work. Now that has nothing to do with the Satellite.
:mad:
I'm not scheduled until 7/27/04 for installer tech. to come out. Anyone out there that gets a fix for this problem please post just to see what they have to do. Most likely is same for most everyone with this particular problem! Which is DEAD!
Bill

Just got a call from VOOM and they are sending a tech out in the next few days to install a new box. SEE an earlier note with a memo from WILT. your box sounds like mine and it has to be replaced. Nothing but will bring it back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)