Voom Should Think Outside The Box

Sean Mota said:
Let the creator of the thread do it. I don't want to be change history. :D
Sean, I don't know how you put up with the onslaught of crap everyday, you are a much better man than I. :yes

History is changed and Now for the Future.....Voom Needs To Think Outside The Box and change history with a different manufactor of the box.

Yes I believe Voom owns stock in Moto and should change. Moto is for cable vision and Voom should get with the future.....all other providors have used other manufactors for their box source.

But the problem is......Samsung, Sony, RCA, or whoever has no interest in making Voom boxes. Why you ask, simple, only a hand full of subscribers and falling daily. No money in it for them to sell a few hundred boxes.

Ok no new box then what should we do ? Continue to look at PG that does not have all the information in the guide about a movie or like Rave that says some :confused: rock star group playing in hd. Wow...It makes me want to watch the program...Give me a break the info in the PG is terrible and reminds me of the voom guy....Where did they get this carret head anyway.....The Box is the problem people come on lets face it they need to fix it or leave it.....This Box reminds me when we were kids that Ford stood for fix or repair daily......I have one month left on my D* contract and was hoping that V* would be more stable by now...but its not. I like HD but have to check everyday for any news on the new upgrade.......Its coming??????When?????
MY wife don't watch it because of the lack of Hgtv, Scif, and so on.....I know it is SD but she doesn't know all the problems with the box....change channels to recieve sound....lock ups ...unplug and reboot....she is not a patient person and I'm feeling the Voom blues because the Box is not stable.....Its Motorola problem and I think they know it was designed for cable .....It is cheap...glad I didn't buy it......We need another Box period.

Is it possible that the new software today ver 6. will help save this box ? I haven't check today to see if I got the hit but will later today after work......Way to go Voom.
(1)
Now is the PG giving more information about what is playing or is it like the old guide with just a little info?
(2)
Can you cancel channels that you don't want to watch in the PG
(3)
Is the sound better and more equal all channels?

pdqbobe said:
(1) Now is the PG giving more information about what is playing or is it like the old guide with just a little info?
(2) Can you cancel channels that you don't want to watch in the PG
(3) Is the sound better and more equal all channels?
1. The same.
2. You can, but only those under 100.
3. The sound is an uplink issue.

Thanks Ilya : There may still be hope for this box after all

Hope they can fix channel cancel features above channel 100 so we can customize our guide to our liking.

(1) Do you think it was Voom who places the information in the guide because I know there is more info in the D* PG

Good to see some new changes. I guess most of us are impatient with this new HD technology.

pdqbobe said:
Hope they can fix channel cancel features above channel 100 so we can customize our guide to our liking.
I really hope for this too! I wish I could get rid of channels that I don't subscribe to.
Do you think it was Voom who places the information in the guide because I know there is more info in the D* PG
If you look in the PG (VOOM+OK), the top line shows some additional information in quotation marks (e.g. Artist name on Rave), which is missing on the Info screen. I think this is a bug in the software (all versions).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts