VOOM Shutdown Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
:mad: :smug VOOM was the coolest :cool: but now VOOM is coldest. Why do people keep on talking as if any of this is going to matter 1 month from now or even a week from now? Please put down the remote, take a bath, & take your women out on the town for the same price that Va Va VOOM was costing us. :yes

Stupid Question - What is VOOM21?

I have only had VOOM for a month, one very nice month. What is this "VOOM21" that everyone is talking about?

I am going to be SOL when they shut-down, my OTA goes in & out - had a service call scheduled to correct this the day after the notice was made & they canceled my service call.

I had just spent major $$$ getting a big HDTV and a kick-a$$ sound system and now I am going to have to go back to Charter Cable with NO HDTV and no Dolby Digital, no DVR, hell they don't even have S-Video, composite is the best video connection on their crappy boxes. :mad: :mad: :mad: I pay $125 a month for what they call "Digital Cable" (only 60% of the channels are even digital) and a 3M Internet pipe. I just received a spam email from "The People Who Installed Your VOOM System" offering some other deal with a HD-DVR but they give no name.

I think I might just un-plug & throw a sheet over my Home Theater until next year when hopefully someone else has decent HD offering. Always wanted to take up golf anyway.

voom21 is the shorthand name that cablevision uses inside the business to call their 21 voom origianal channels

other shorthands are:

RDBS = Rainbow DBS
CVC = Cablevision

and probably some others

Also, remember VOOM service had 40 HD channels in total--HD stations the other Dish networks wouldn't have even if they picked up the VOOM 21--those being:

Wealth HD
Starz West HD
Starz East HD
Cinemax HD
TMC HD
Others I can't think of right now--oh, yes the major HBO, SHowtime East AND West HD feeds.

Actually they only had 35 channels in VaVavoom package
36 being Playboy HD
and 37 being the Marlins HD games they carried
But they never had more than that

Where to go next?

I have been reading through the post and I see that many people were very unhappy with *D* (Dish right?) and *E* (Direct right?) before they switched to VOOM. I have friends that were on D a couple of years ago and were very unhappy with it, but much has changed since then. Am I breaking any board rules by posting Dish instead of *D*? :confused:

Cable is not really a choice for me, Charter in my area is no better than the cable service I got back in 1979 when it first became available in our area, only the price has changed.

For HD and decent SD what is the general consensus on the better provider, Dish or Direct?

Thanks everyone!

Dish is E* and you can use that shorthand all you'd like.

I'd recommend going with them, because there is no upfront costs for equipment, and they seem to suddenly have new HD plans springing up from outta no where.

DirecTV probably has better equipment, but you'll have to pay for it, well $99 at least. But they currently have some compression problems, and the only HD plan they've announced are local HD channels, whoopie :)

Voom sold to Dish network!

I got a mail yesterday from a O--- Satellite co. telling me that they can convert my Voom services to Dish network. They also indicated that the Dish Network has bought the Voom's uplink and services!!?? :confused:
What does it mean to the voom consumers?
Voom would not confirm. Has anybody heard this?

UncleSammy1 said:
I got a mail yesterday telling me that they can convert my Voom services to Dish network. They also indicated that the Dish Network has bought the Voom's uplink and services!!?? :confused:
What does it mean to the voom consumers?
Voom would not confirm. Has anybody heard this?

Echostar has a deal with Cablevision to buy Voom's satellite, Rainbow 1, and their new uplink center. This deal is currently at the FCC for review. There has been no word on the fate of the Voom original programming. It may or may not be picked up by another provider.

gammadude said:
Echostar has a deal with Cablevision to buy Voom's satellite, Rainbow 1, and their new uplink center. This deal is currently at the FCC for review. There has been no word on the fate of the Voom original programming. It may or may not be picked up by another provider.

Thx for info, please reply furhter. :)
Dish network CSR is also claimming that they have bouhgt Voom! :confused:
But that is the only news I have gattered so far and voom CSR does not comment.
Where can it be verified for certain?

Thanks Scott...will be looking forward to the details. Or not looking foward to them

chrem88 said:
You guys here at this forum are so lucky.
I have mediacom and they the worst hd lineup in the world.
I will explain .I have the motorola 6412 dual tuner and the 2 thru 78 channels suck compare to voom..
The hd line is this
ESPNHD (SUCKS)
UHD (SUCKS)
DHDTV ( REALLY SUCKS)
HDNET (SUCKS)
HDNMV (SUCKS)
S-HD (SUCKS)
TMCHD (SUCKS
HBOHD (PAYING FOR IT BUT NO CHANNELS)
So i really wish that we can keep vomm and that they will just switch us all to e* and kepp us all happy.
I DON'T WANT MY LOVE CHILD TO DIE
VOOM THE SECOND WIFE (YEAH)

Got you beat by one fewer channel. Insight cable is even more lame than mediacom.

Here are their HD offerings:

ESPNHD
DiscoveryHD
HDNet
HDNet Movies
HBO HD
Showtime HD
UniversalHD

and none of the local channels are available as HD.

I'm going with E* for no other reason than I already have a superdish installed and own an 811 receiver from a previous contract.

Pretty much the same as the above, but swap TNTPseudoHD for UniversalHD.

Pretty much all the remaining providers suck moose testicles when it comes to HD.

UncleSammy1 said:
Thx for info, please reply furhter. :)
Dish network CSR is also claimming that they have bouhgt Voom! :confused:
But that is the only news I have gattered so far and voom CSR does not comment.
Where can it be verified for certain?

That's all I know. I am waiting for the Friday news Scott has been discussing recently. I am waiting to pick a new service based on the news.

philhu said:
What benefit would they have for dropping random users? Why would they possibly do that? Let's keep the rumors down, shall we?

You would get a 'Upgrade immediately' message or a 'not authorized' if you were off.
Ok smartie. How do you explain what has happened? I am posting info about what has happened to me and apparently a few others. If you have no idea why this is happening then STFU.

ram1220 said:
Ok smartie. How do you explain what has happened? I am posting info about what has happened to me and apparently a few others. If you have no idea why this is happening then STFU.

Ah, transponder failure,
someone pushed the wrong button and no one is left to unpush it
they didn't pay their hbo bill.
Your stb is bad
They sent a f/w update and a few rcvrs broke
THEY DID NOT TURN OFF VALID SUSCRIBERS. PERIOD.

They will just unauthorize all rcvrs at 3am on Sunday morning. Or they will just turn off all channels with the flip of a switch. They have no need to turn off individual users, unless they called to disconnect.

Why risk a class action suit over 2 days programming. Geesh. Think logically!
It is a business, not a club for people. We are subscribers, not friends. We get what we pay for and we are paid until 4/30. That is why they changed cutoff to 3am 5/1. Midnight 4/30 in west coast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts