VOOM STB Version 7.26 (2.30): Features/Bugs/Requests

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am using composite cables for my SD, down on my HDTV it looks like every other SD channel.

Have you tried changing Picture Format in System Settings?

yeah if I put it on "stretch" these few OTA channels look normal, but then it forces the HD channels to crop and stretch, incidentally the menu crops and stretches with it.

There is also a "wide to narrow" parameter that you should try. Sounds like you might have it set incorrectly.

6.20 quirks

Ilya, I want to make sure that this thread keeps a pointer to the "6.20 quirks" thread. That is still a problem and probably should be included in the list for 6.20.

[Please delete this post if the problem is already linked.]

Thanks!

Strange, my 6.20 install went back to 6.10 on one of my stb. The other still has the 6.20.

Wide to Narrow is set to Letterbox. Narrow to Wide I forget what it's set at but it must be set right because all the channels that are SD except for these few OTA are fine?

If you're STB went back to 6.10 can't you force it to reupdate using the wizard?

I just started noticing that some channels take very long to tune, the audio comes in the screen is black for 4 or more seconds. the newer software made the channel changing much faster, also had 3 lockups this weekend and they weren't from fast channel changing.

I had to reset my box only once a month before. Now I had to reset twice last night, and it's been happening a lot for the past week.

Also, the 6.20 quirks continue as described. My STB is really out to lunch. Channels on the bar are seldom what is currently selected. Seems to be getting worse.

Either I need to reload firmware (some way to do that?) or I need to contact Voom for a new STB.

Suggestions?

Let me ask this. To everyone that is having problems with their boxes with V6.20 as am I. Did your box lockup while downloading V6.20? Mine did and I had to reboot (hard reboot) the box and manually get it to continue the download. I'm just wondering if maybe the download was corrupted somehow due to this lockup. Is there a way to redownload V6.20?

Bob

I have V 6.20, and 1.10 but one box says targeted for 1.20, what is this? Is it new or is my box just behind? Any idea what it does?

Thanks.

I think Voom's overall firmware now is listed as 1.10 or 1.2 is that correct? 1.2 is the lastest we all use, it has some PQ corrections if I recall correctly.

DarrellP said:
I have V 6.20, and 1.10 but one box says targeted for 1.20, what is this? Is it new or is my box just behind? Any idea what it does?

Thanks.
1.10 is 6.10; 1.20 is 6.20. I guess that box has never completed the update to 6.20. You can try forcing it through the Installer menu.

I forced the download last night, it was pretty cool watching it. When Dish does a download, you get nothing on the screen, just a blinking LED to let you know it's still breathing. I wish I could have seen it on my pj so I could read all of the fine print. The stb that took the download is on my 27" TV and the small print was so blurry I couldn't read it.

1080iBeVuMin said:
I had to reset my box only once a month before. Now I had to reset twice last night, and it's been happening a lot for the past week.

Also, the 6.20 quirks continue as described. My STB is really out to lunch. Channels on the bar are seldom what is currently selected. Seems to be getting worse.

Either I need to reload firmware (some way to do that?) or I need to contact Voom for a new STB.

Suggestions?
For anyone who might be trying to track down this bug, I just realized I forgot to add a condition for testing...

We don't get any OTA. So, I went in and "hid" all the OTA channels from my PG. I think this was when all the "6.20 quirks" began, and I am thinking about "unhiding" all of the OTA channels just to test this.

As someone else mentioned, there is no way to "hide" one OTA channel if there is an odd quantity of channels, or whatever that condition was. I fell into that -- one OTA channel is still on the PG despite repeated attempts to hide it.

Anyway, the "6.20 quirks" are still a pretty bad problem here. I hope somebody is looking into this.

Thanks!

I have updated the first page of this thread to reflect changes made in version 7.0B

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts