VOOM STB Version 7.26 (2.30): Features/Bugs/Requests

1080iBeVuMin said:
...Anyway, the "6.20 quirks" are still a pretty bad problem here. I hope somebody is looking into this.

Thanks!
I thought I had already posted an update, perhaps in a different thread. I found the solution to these "6.20 quirks" by unhiding all channels. Problem has been 100% gone ever since I unhid all channels several weeks ago. Problem was entirely due to hiding channels.

1080iBeVuMin said:
I thought I had already posted an update, perhaps in a different thread. I found the solution to these "6.20 quirks" by unhiding all channels. Problem has been 100% gone ever since I unhid all channels several weeks ago. Problem was entirely due to hiding channels.
Thanks for the update. I'll make sure to pass it to VOOM engineers.

I have 7.0b and have DVI issues. So, I am using component, but then I have to swap out everytime I play XBOX.

So, any news on when this will be fixed. OR any way for me to down rev my code?

VOOM is working on a patch and will push the new software or recall (re-push 6.20) to all affected STBs in the near future...and before you ask I have no idea what near future means to VOOM. Besides waiting, your only other option is to place a service call to have your STB replaced; I have a service call scheduled for 6 Nov. I am hoping this is fixed much soon, but I never though this problem would be going into it's 4th week.

I'm sorry to be such a pessimist, but my box has been working perfectly the past 6+ months...until this maintenance update - I just don't see how anyone is expecting to see a working DVR in 2004. I guess I'm just a little upset because this issue seems to be low-priority at VOOM. Ugh! I have been told three times that STB can not be individually downgraded nor patched...which I feel should have been the corrective action when I first reported the problem on 8 October. :mad:

hmm if they can push 6.2, then I don't see why they can't do that in the meantime..

jeremys said:
hmm if they can push 6.2, then I don't see why they can't do that in the meantime..
It's been done last night. Everyone should be on 6.20 by now.

damn, I was drunk last night. I didn't remember about the download screen until now...

My box has not been targeted. Ironically, that may indicate that I have been targeted. Seriously, I'm sure I'll be downgraded in the next day or twol; I've waited 3 weeks so I'm sure I can wait a few more hours. BTW, how do you manually push the software? I know it's been covered before, but I've had a rotten day I'm too tired/lazy/pathetic to search through the forums. Thanks.

Never mind...I just figured it out.

Software Requests (Sean/Ilya)

Sean/Ilya--

Do we have a list of requests for software changes that may go to Voom engineers?

1) Choose or change default for program planner to be "auto-tune".

For Dish, default is record with options for "auto-tune" and "Remind". If we were to rate importance from most to least see below. Since we cannot yet record with Voom, auto-tune should be the current default. Just my opinion but if nothing else, let us choose the default.

1st) Record
2nd) Auto-Tune
3rd) Remind

Request. The sound with the OTA RF channel tuner/ antenna aiming program is absolutely horrendous!!! Take a listen to what hughes uses on the E86 HIRD, its loud but not obnoxious.

Anybody have problems with stray pixels suddenly showing up, and remaining on-screen no matter which channel/menu they were on? (The pixels formed a short white line on the screen.) Made me think my TV had a problem, but when I switched to my DVD it was fine. I had to power off my receiver to get them to go away. Sorry if this is a repeat issue.

Yes, "stuck pixels" this is an old bug. Just press VOOM and then WATCH to get rid of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)