VOOM STB Version 7.26 (2.30): Features/Bugs/Requests

1080iBeVuMin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 29, 2004
Santa Rosa, CA
1080iBeVuMin said:
...Anyway, the "6.20 quirks" are still a pretty bad problem here. I hope somebody is looking into this.

Thanks!
I thought I had already posted an update, perhaps in a different thread. I found the solution to these "6.20 quirks" by unhiding all channels. Problem has been 100% gone ever since I unhid all channels several weeks ago. Problem was entirely due to hiding channels.

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
1080iBeVuMin said:
I thought I had already posted an update, perhaps in a different thread. I found the solution to these "6.20 quirks" by unhiding all channels. Problem has been 100% gone ever since I unhid all channels several weeks ago. Problem was entirely due to hiding channels.
Thanks for the update. I'll make sure to pass it to VOOM engineers.

jeremys

SatelliteGuys Family
May 29, 2004
I have 7.0b and have DVI issues. So, I am using component, but then I have to swap out everytime I play XBOX.

So, any news on when this will be fixed. OR any way for me to down rev my code?

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
VOOM is working on a patch and will push the new software or recall (re-push 6.20) to all affected STBs in the near future...and before you ask I have no idea what near future means to VOOM. Besides waiting, your only other option is to place a service call to have your STB replaced; I have a service call scheduled for 6 Nov. I am hoping this is fixed much soon, but I never though this problem would be going into it's 4th week.

I'm sorry to be such a pessimist, but my box has been working perfectly the past 6+ months...until this maintenance update - I just don't see how anyone is expecting to see a working DVR in 2004. I guess I'm just a little upset because this issue seems to be low-priority at VOOM. Ugh! I have been told three times that STB can not be individually downgraded nor patched...which I feel should have been the corrective action when I first reported the problem on 8 October. :mad:

jeremys

SatelliteGuys Family
May 29, 2004
hmm if they can push 6.2, then I don't see why they can't do that in the meantime..

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
jeremys said:
hmm if they can push 6.2, then I don't see why they can't do that in the meantime..
It's been done last night. Everyone should be on 6.20 by now.

jeremys

SatelliteGuys Family
May 29, 2004
damn, I was drunk last night. I didn't remember about the download screen until now...

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
My box has not been targeted. Ironically, that may indicate that I have been targeted. Seriously, I'm sure I'll be downgraded in the next day or twol; I've waited 3 weeks so I'm sure I can wait a few more hours. BTW, how do you manually push the software? I know it's been covered before, but I've had a rotten day I'm too tired/lazy/pathetic to search through the forums. Thanks.

Never mind...I just figured it out.

MNHTUG

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Software Requests (Sean/Ilya)

Sean/Ilya--

Do we have a list of requests for software changes that may go to Voom engineers?

1) Choose or change default for program planner to be "auto-tune".

For Dish, default is record with options for "auto-tune" and "Remind". If we were to rate importance from most to least see below. Since we cannot yet record with Voom, auto-tune should be the current default. Just my opinion but if nothing else, let us choose the default.

1st) Record
2nd) Auto-Tune
3rd) Remind

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Request. The sound with the OTA RF channel tuner/ antenna aiming program is absolutely horrendous!!! Take a listen to what hughes uses on the E86 HIRD, its loud but not obnoxious.

jame_g

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 13, 2004
Richmond, VA
Anybody have problems with stray pixels suddenly showing up, and remaining on-screen no matter which channel/menu they were on? (The pixels formed a short white line on the screen.) Made me think my TV had a problem, but when I switched to my DVD it was fine. I had to power off my receiver to get them to go away. Sorry if this is a repeat issue.

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Yes, "stuck pixels" this is an old bug. Just press VOOM and then WATCH to get rid of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)