Voom sucks (for now)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

jay58

Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
The Voom installers just left me hanging on the install day 6/16, no call :mad: , until I called Voom after my scheduled time and was offered an install 2 weeks later 6/29! No thanks! And it took 15 minutes to get through on the phone. I cancelled. These are the signs of bad management, no calls and no apolgies. I think that I will wait and see :confused: , their programming isn't that hot beyond my TWC.

VOOM wake up! That's 2 customers that I know lost who were excited about your service!\I heard from the installers today, no explanation. 6/17 :shocked

jay58,
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your problems. No matter which satellite company you are dealing with, it's always a good idea to get in touch with your installer directly.

If you cancel now you will punish yourself more than VOOM/installer. Why should you?

hey jay58,

wanted to sympathize with you. voom customer service does suck. been waiting for an antenna upgrade for at least 6 weeks. after numerous cancellations (with no explanations btw), they show up today, refuse to install the upgraded antenna (useless they say), bad mouthed the original installation and then totally screwed up what was right. now i have NO signal. it took half an hour to get through to voom and they tell me monday someone is scheduled to show up. of course they may not, b/c this is a mickey mouse operation, and it is beyond their control. after i tell the csr this is weak, he says, "is there anything else i can do for you"...what? they're kidding right?

there are other problems. the channel mapping is all wrong for my area. others from my area have complained, i've got no response (not even from this forum). channels are missing (hgtv, sci-fi) the stb sucks. just not ready for prime time.

lucky for them i have a kick ass theater and i want my hdtv. right now, voom is the least lame of the lame, but as soon as something better shows up....i'm outta here. no customer loyalty from this frustrated, annoyed, pissed, customer.
voom sucks! :mad: http://www.satelliteguys.us/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=133352#

I am sorry to hear about the problems you guys are having it would piss me off as well, but I prepared my self metally for the worst to happen after reading the horror stories on this forum, but when I finally got Voomed I am glad I did.. This is a new company and it is going to take awhile to get all the bugs out.. I think there is noexcuse for bad customer service tho, I tried today calling Voom, got hung up on once and on hold forever on the oter call..

The picture quality is awesome, the programing needs work and the price is right for the time being.. I am having OTA issues right now and a bad Voom box on my 2nd tv, but that is why I keep my cable to give me my locals untill I get all the bugs worked out, then cable will be gone..

well guys good luck and I will talk to you later.. Cya Slick

TYORK said:
sound like you guys need to get ahold of wilt at installs.

I dont know about Wilt anylonger helping us. He I think got bombarded with so much it seems like he doesnt even follow thru anylonger.
Cant say I blame him!

He promised me he was taking care of my bad STB a month ago and still I have never been taken care of.
I have to reboot(unplug) my receiver every day almost to get it unfroze!

jay58 said:
The Voom installers just left me hanging on the install day 6/16, no call :mad: , until I called Voom after my scheduled time and was offered an install 2 weeks later 6/29! No thanks! And it took 15 minutes to get through on the phone. I cancelled. These are the signs of bad management, no calls and no apolgies. I think that I will wait and see :confused: , their programming isn't that hot beyond my TWC.

VOOM wake up! That's 2 customers that I know lost who were excited about your service!\I heard from the installers today, no explanation. 6/17 :shocked

Good decision. You have every right to cancel and stay with cable. With any luck, the rest of us won't have to read post #2 from jay58.

The Stone Man said:
Good decision. You have every right to cancel and stay with cable. With any luck, the rest of us won't have to read post #2 from jay58.

I'm new here...are most people a**holes like Stone man? Just sharing my experience with Voom. You're welcome!

jay58 said:
I'm new here...are most people a**holes like Stone man? Just sharing my experience with Voom. You're welcome!
StoneMan's been a very valuable and helpful member of this forum for quite awhile. The problem is yours, not his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)