Voom vs. TWC

raptorctr

Original poster
Apr 9, 2004
I recently picked up Time Warner Cable(TWC) again with an HD/DVR (only records in Digital) and canceled Voom. After a week here is my comparison to Voom.

Voom picture quality and sound is superior to that of time warner, especially on HD. I never had my tv louder than 4, but now w/ TWC i'm back to turning it up to 8-9.

Programming is easily won by TWC. I picked up a digital movie pack (encore channels/Sun/IFC) and have watched 7 movies already, compared to the 1 movie i watched in 6 months on Voom movie channels. Really enjoy having HGTV back as well. I do miss worldsport though!

Receiver goes to TWC again. No problems w/ the receiver, no rebooting once a day and a channel guide that always works. Plus i don't get CSPAN showing up on ESPN2(or SciFi on TNT or no ESPN HD at all).

Local channels - This was a big reason for the switch, i was having a lot of problems w/ reception. Good to know i can watch football and not miss every 10 seconds of it.

DVR has changed our lives, couldn't wait another 6 months for Voom.

HDNet / INHD are worthless channels. I don't know why people want them so bad. Save the space and the $ and pass on them. Same quality of movies offered on Voom.

I love the concept of Voom and thats why i tried it. I think in general true HD content is 2+ years away yet. What's out there is very repetitive. I hope they can hold out, and maybe i'll be back someday.

Just some small points to consider:

- PQ is a big factor in my book, who cares about HD if it looks like HD Lite.

- DVR is not 6 months away.

- You compare premium movie packs you pay for, which are available on Voom and you pay for, to 20 free channels with no commercials you do not directly pay for. 10 Movie channels and 11 other specialty channels.

- The channel mapping problem has fixes, its a voltage problem, a lot of other problems have been fixed.

- The DVR I agree with, stick around though when news of its release comes out, and whole home solution, maybe it will change your lives.. again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts