Officially Going Crazy

HeavyC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Can we please hear some info from VOOM on something? This is getting ridiculous. DVR, WM9, new Dish, RSN's....something?? How are we supposed to have continued confidence in VOOM if they've gone completely silent on everything? Are they just not allowed to talk because of the spin-off?

Who knows, but as this fall schedule moves on, the DVR is eating at my mind, I'm missing stuff, because of my schedule and it's bugging me. Who knows why they aren't talking, even if things fall behind schedule, I prefer to know. Then again there are those when they hear "DVR is nearing completion" then "DVR has been delayed, we found bugs that cause the hard drive to melt, fixing it now" they go "OMG VOOM SUX THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT!!" instead of "Cool I'm glad I know, I just hope that when it is released it's bug free".

HeavyC said:
Are they just not allowed to talk because of the spin-off?
From what I read they are currently in their quiet period before the spin off. I am sure we will hear A LOT soon. :)

Yeah, as I was typing it...the spin-off thing kind of popped in my head. Releasing big info could drastically change the IPO and I think the government frowns on that. That being said...when is the spin-off?

The spinoff was pushed back from September to early 4th Qtr, which we are already into. SO I assume Oct or early November? It would be kind of wild if:

October 20th - Rainbow Media officially spinsoff.

October 22nd - DVR is released, first 1,000 orders taken.

October 24th - WM9/MPG4 module released, 10,000 modules shipped in first week.

October 26th - Elliptical dish is ready, tech calls being scheduled charter first, then grndfthr, then regular VOomer.

No...no...you have it all wrong. All that stuff is being implemented on October 32nd. I heard it from a CSR! :yes

HeavyC said:
No...no...you have it all wrong. All that stuff is being implemented on October 32nd. I heard it from a CSR! :yes

If all that happened at once they should institute a October 32nd - The Day the Impossible was Accomplished.

You guys are trippin

Picture yourself in a boat on a river, with
tangerine trees and marmalade skies :yes

Dvlos said:
The spinoff was pushed back from September to early 4th Qtr, which we are already into. SO I assume Oct or early November? It would be kind of wild if:

October 20th - Rainbow Media officially spinsoff.

October 22nd - DVR is released, first 1,000 orders taken.

October 24th - WM9/MPG4 module released, 10,000 modules shipped in first week.

October 26th - Elliptical dish is ready, tech calls being scheduled charter first, then grndfthr, then regular VOomer.

Nah. It'll all be out in 2 more weeks.