Vooms Customer Service

quincy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 7, 2004
Has anyone gotten through to Vooms customer service? I've been trying for 10 days now and i have not recieved any callbacks or gotten through to a CSR. I kinda wanted to cancel my voom service(i only watch TV now, i have to stop) on the 1st so i wouldn't get billed for the month of june. 10 days in now and my bill posts tomorrow and i assume its going to be a hassle to get the money posted back into my account ;( They can't be this busy every day for 10 days can they?

quincy

actually i've been doing 3 (existing customer) i've thought about that but never tried it, i'll give tat a try

I got to talk with one right away this afternoon. I'm looking to get Voom.

I got ahold of someone by doing that. Good news, they offerd me a free month. Bad news, they offerd me a free month. I'm just going to get even more lazy now. But i'm really glad i'm sticking around cause i really do like voom

what did they give you a free month of? your current package? voom? va va voom?

Customer service

I just wanted to post that we are really trying to call everybody back. Unfortunately there are so many people that we have to call back we might not get to you right away. We really are making an effort.

grishamfan said:
I just wanted to post that we are really trying to call everybody back. Unfortunately there are so many people that we have to call back we might not get to you right away. We really are making an effort.

Hang in there grishamfan. CSR is a tough job, without much positive feedback. Some people are quick to criticize. Any CSR that I have ever talked to has been professional, courteous, and helpful. If customers would call with the attitude of "I need their help" instead of "I demand satisfaction", things would go better.

The Stone Man said:
Hang in there grishamfan. CSR is a tough job, without much positive feedback. Some people are quick to criticize. Any CSR that I have ever talked to has been professional, courteous, and helpful. If customers would call with the attitude of "I need their help" instead of "I demand satisfaction", things would go better.

I'm leaning to "I demand satisfaction" when they have your money, won't give it back and you are stuck with Lynn as a customer service rep who has a tough time with subtraction, but knows her addition quite well.

If I get lost in Mexico, I'll use the "I need help" advice. :yes :p

they didnt let me cancel either. they lured me into a free month. i have no clue why i said ok to that. haha. if they didn't have any HD OTA I would have never watched / ordered voom. I just figured if i am going to pay 500 bucks for a tuner...might as well pay voom and include the possibility of watching hd content on satellite channels too u know.

heres the order that i watch while i am lookin for hd.

CBS
ABC
NBC
WB
FOX (480p but widescreen still attracts me)
Discovery HD
ESPN HD
TNT HD
WorldSport
Rave

Change input to regular cable.

I hope you weren't speaking of me :( Its that I pressed #1 and within 2 rings a CSR picked up and said "are you ready for a world of..." and for 10 days i tried to get a hold of someone to help existing customers and i couldn't speak to anyone. thats kinda frustrating.

I've been working lots lately and its kinda nice to come home and sit in front of the TV now so I plan on keeping it for as long as i can. I have no quarrels with Voom and love it to death so please don't get the wrong idea

quincy

I've been trying to get through for 4 days now. I've also tried using the customer service e-mail message thing on their site. It's been 3 days and no response from that either. :(

If they changed me to the correct locals channel map as requested on Tuesday and was told would be up on Wednesday I wouldn't have had to pull my Zenith STB from the bedroom tv, disconnect the OTA antenna from the VOOM STB, connect the antenna to the Zenith STB, and connect the STB to the TV just to watch FOX this Sunday night in the living room!!!

But I guess just changing my local channel map from 0150 to 0021 would be just way too easy for them to do and VOOM would rather have the customers lugging OTA STBs from room to room to watch local channels :mad:

I would hate to see how long it would take to restore service if I had a major problem such as the VOOM STB loosing authorization for an extended period of time or the STB commits suicide.

I got through to a CSR, but pressing option 1 and asking for a supervisor. Its getting ridiculous. Now I have my fingers crossed that Installs, Inc calls back to schedule a service call.

just be careful w/ that... freakin installers set a day to come... 8AM to 12 noon... they call me at 1120 AM to tell me they werent coming anymore!

What the hell... :mad: at least call me earlier so I dont burn a half day off work!

Then I try calling VOOM for 3 days straight... and can never get through. Also tried their option of getting a callback within 24-48 hours... its been THREE DAYS.

I love my VOOM, but this customer service is really angering me. That and the fact that my fiancee keeps bugging me that she doesnt get FOOD or Home and Garden ! :confused: :mad:

magnetic1 said:
I love my VOOM, but this customer service is really angering me. That and the fact that my fiancee keeps bugging me that she doesnt get FOOD or Home and Garden ! :confused: :mad:

Might be easier to get rid of the fiancee. :D Just trying to make you laugh...hang in there. :)

fianlly... just got through.

The CSR I spoke with was REAL helpful. I always take the approach of never being hostile... but anyways, I didnt even ask for compensation and they offered me a free month...

so this thursday, Installs will come and give me my missing DVI cable, upgrade my OTA antenna, and I get a free month of service!

As I mentioned in another thread, the best time to call seems to be Sunday, when most installers take the day off.

Each of the past two Sundays I've gotten through to VOOM in under 90 seconds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts