VOOM'S new offer - 11 channels added.

its not a dupe but the 11 channels have already been mentioned here.. the 6 vavavoom channels (discovery, military, & fox movies) and the 5 before (lifetime & cmt)... nothing new cept for how they are promoting it.

Yeah 11 new channels and the picture quality has never been worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

The funny part of this is they are advertising the 11 new channels they added when tommorow they should be adding another 10 more. 21 new channels sounds more impressive to me. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
The funny part of this is they are advertising the 11 new channels they added when tommorow they should be adding another 10 more.

Actually the funny part is your new avatar. Great! What are the other 10 channels?

who_the said:
So, really, we get *no* new HD channels? Really?

Sorry, that's disappointing.

How about being happy that Voom is apparently going to stay in business?

:)

I agree.....! I will wait for HD's as long as VOOM survives! I think new HD's are on the way and the DVR will be out soon as well..... :)

Jamey K said:
How about being happy that Voom is apparently going to stay in business? :)
Don't get me wrong, Voom is great.

But:

1) Whether they will stay in business has yet to be seen;

2) It's disappointing to me they didn't haven't added any HD channels.

picture qaulity

softwiz said:
Yeah 11 new channels and the picture quality has never been worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
If the picture quality is that bad then how come everybody isn't complaining! :eek:

Cappy29, you are new here, we have been complaing about PQ since Voom started broadcasting, it's nothing new.

Spoke with customer support and they told me some more channels would be added tonight. Don't know which ones

DarrellP said:
Cappy29, you are new here, we have been complaing about PQ since Voom started broadcasting, it's nothing new.

Right. And dudes with 10 feet screens will always be complaining about PQ because they see too much. :)

softwiz said:
I guess I don't analayze the picture quality with a fine tooth comb. I now have three HD sets, a 65" Mitsubish, a 52" RCA and a 49" Panasonic. The picture quality looks really good on all sets. I do have the protective shield, maybe that is making the difference.

softwiz said:

I have 3HD sets ranging from 27" to 65", PQ looks great on all 3, have noticed no diff with new channels.

I think folks are presuming that Voom is using the E* model of adding channels and simply compressing existing ones further. Reality is that the Voom bird is using only a percentage of its existing capacity so they can add channels without impacting others. What happens if the sale of that sat finalizes is a whole seperate discussion.

I have noticed a lot of people having problems with picture quality lately but I have a 12 ft screen and I have absolutely no problems with any channels except TNTHD and that's an everyday thing with that channel. Now either I'm really lucky or a lot of you have receiver and or installation problems. Four HD receivers and no problems here, knocking on wood, oh and yes, please hit me with those Network Feeds. With those and VAVAVAVAVAVOOM :) :)

Amphicar770 said:
I have 3HD sets ranging from 27" to 65", PQ looks great on all 3, have noticed no diff with new channels.

I think folks are presuming that Voom is using the E* model of adding channels and simply compressing existing ones further. Reality is that the Voom bird is using only a percentage of its existing capacity so they can add channels without impacting others. What happens if the sale of that sat finalizes is a whole seperate discussion.

Sir, if you cannot see the difference in PQ during MOVEMENT and ACTION scenes (especially last night and over the past two weeks), I'm afraid you need to get your eyes checked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts