Waiver Denied

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

veander

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2004
I mentioned this in here one other time I think, but regardless I thought you folks might find it interesting.

I was told by my D* HDTV installers, two customer service reps during the setup, and a plethora of forums that if I lived in the Minneapolis area I would qualify for CBS HD (preferably out of NY was how it was explained to me). I called D* about a month ago (just after the install really), and they told me I had to wait for the waiver (another fact I was told I wouldn't have to do previously), so I figured what the heck. It wasn't like I needed CBS NY since I already get CBS WCCO HD up here locally. But I was kind of hoping for CBS LA, but that's neither here nor there.

Today I received a note in the mail from DirecTV and apparently the local CBS station (there is only one that I am in the spot beam for) denied me. I guess we shouldn't take DirecTV for their word in the press release they handed out. Also it says on the note I would have had to pay $2.25/month for BOTH NY and LA CBS HD feeds when I was told by everyone at D* (and on their press release) that if I was paying for DirecTV locals (which I am for the non-HD receivers), I wouldn't have to pay for the CBS HD from NY or LA.

Just my $0.02.

BTW, I do pay for the HD package as well though I did find out D* doesn't actually penalize people for cancelling it under commitment. I am fan of HDnet now, go figure.

OK, as luck would have it I called an complained about this today and while the lady was talking channel 80 came online. I literally watched it go from a black screen with a message at the bottom to CBS NY. Oddly she sounded as if she didn't do it and said it should have been there since the beginning. It's nice because I get to have an Eastern Timezone CBS HD.

So situation resolved, though oddly a month after it should have been.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)