Wally compatability?

CLASSICDIRECTV

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2022
Shreveport Louisiana USA
Is the wally easily compatable with new installs? my grandpa is getting dish in 2-3 weeks and he is getting a hopper 2 and a joey and i would like to get a wally for myself and would like it to be as easy as plugging it in(i dont want to have to change the install up like i would with a vip). also is a wally compatable with the origonal tailgator made from around 2010-2012? i have an image attached so you know which one im talking about. the reason im asking if its compatable with the tailgator is cause the wally has 2 tuners and the sat has 1, another reason im asking is because the portable sat is from 2010 and the wally is from 2018. if it will work with the tailgator, how would i make it connect and setup, or is it as easy as plug and play and changeing some settings?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 51
You can run a wally on same system as hopper two different ways. First way is dish pro plus lnb using a solo node. Then wally would connect direct to lnb. Second way is still with dpp lnb but a hybrid 42 switch and a solo hub on the hopper then wally could go to port two on 42 switch.

And yes wally is compatible with all tailgater models.

You can run a wally on same system as hopper two different ways. First way is dish pro plus lnb using a solo node. Then wally would connect direct to lnb. Second way is still with dpp lnb but a hybrid 42 switch and a solo hub on the hopper then wally could go to port two on 42 switch.

And yes wally is compatible with all tailgater models.
so would it be just a direct connection to the coax that dish runs and possibly changeing some settings in the menus? i am not currrently sure which sat they are going to install cause some people are saying its a hyrbrid sat and some arent cause its a hopper 2. if your wondering why not a hopper 3 is because that is overkill for my grandpa, and why not a hopper duo is because my grandpa wants the youtube app to search up war videos since he was a vet in the vietnam war

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)