Wally DVR fee

DISH will continue to lose subs with or without this new fee. People are cutting the cord, cable and satellite TV providers are losing subs. There is absolutely no evidence that DISH's fees are causing them to lose subs.

Doesn’t necessarily make it wrong either. Have to pay for stuff on a luxury service is not something wrong. If people think it’s no good, you can leave... but it’s not wrong.
Of course the ever always comeback...... you can leave.

Do you work for Dish or own stock? I'm just wondering why people get so defensive over a TV provider. This stuff is nothing to get worked up over.

Looks like people have left so now theirs a new fee. Maybe more people will leave and they will add another or raise the new fee.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: truedowneast
Maybe they will, it doesn’t change. And yes, it the response because it is true. If their value does not match your expectations, free market means you can leave. Period.

As for Mike... there also use to be just 3 channels. Look at how far and how many changes the TV industry has gone in. Quit living in the past. “Use to be”, “they did this once”... the fact of the matter is those bean counters know more about their job then you, so while you sit on the forum and give your expert business advice, this is what there is now. You already take advantage of lower prices then 90% of customers anyways, so why you’re in a tissy, not sure.

Maybe they will, it doesn’t change. And yes, it the response because it is true. If their value does not match your expectations, free market means you can leave. Period.

As for Mike... there also use to be just 3 channels. Look at how far and how many changes the TV industry has gone in. Quit living in the past. “Use to be”, “they did this once”... the fact of the matter is those bean counters know more about their job then you, so while you sit on the forum and give your expert business advice, this is what there is now. You already take advantage of lower prices then 90% of customers anyways, so why you’re in a tissy, not sure.
As far as my argument, I am not looking at what Dish did in the past. I am looking at what Dish is advertising now for new customers. I would not have a problem with the fee structure, as long as all subscribers with the exact same equipment setup are charged the same fees, instead of giving different subscribers different rates based on when they signed up.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
As far as my argument, I am not looking at what Dish did in the past. I am looking at what Dish is advertising now for new customers. I would not have a problem with the fee structure, as long as all subscribers with the exact same equipment setup are charged the same fees, instead of giving different subscribers different rates based on when they signed up.
The past comment was directly responding to Mike and what Dish use to do.

The part I left out is that for those that say they do not think it is a luxury service. Whether you feel it’s a luxury or not, it is. It is no a utility, satellite tv. It does not fall under PUC because it is classified as a luxury service.

The part I left out is that for those that say they do not think it is a luxury service. Whether you feel it’s a luxury or not, it is. It is no a utility, satellite tv. It does not fall under PUC because it is classified as a luxury service.
I took your "luxury service" comment to mean anything above the most basic level of service, such as DVR, additional receivers, etc. The fact that the most basic receiver required for any service at all to only a single room would now be subject to a monthly fee is what I was objecting to in that case. As far as "free market," if Dish decided to impose this fee on all subscribers with that same level of service, instead of grandfathering existing subscribers, then we would see how much outrage that fee would generate, and Dish could make a decision about whether or not to charge that fee based on a true "free market" reaction of its subscribers.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Supply and demand takes effect there, and because of the natural laws of the free market, Dish has chosen to grandfather existing customers... for now. Just like the grandfathering non long term customers that have the same old equipment, with their DVR fees. They are just not leaving money on the table.

I recently had the priviledge of participating in a Nielson Programming Survey, my surprise was out of the DISH Welcome pack I only watched 1 service and only 2 programs off that service. The Survey has you record what you watch over a 7 day period. Take a sheet of paper and try it you might be surprised at how much the TV is on and how little you really watch. NO that wasn't the intent of the survey but it was an offshoot of doing it.

I can remember as a young boy in New York City, back in the 40s, when we didn't have TV at all. Not many did at the time. My father brought one home in 1948 and we got a whopping 3 channels. In those days TV was a luxury. Later, Color TV was a luxury. Later, HDTV was a luxury. Later, UHD TV was a luxury. We live in a luxurious world....

I can remember as a young boy in New York City, back in the 40s, when we didn't have TV at all. Not many did at the time. My father brought one home in 1948 and we got a whopping 3 channels. In those days TV was a luxury. Later, Color TV was a luxury. Later, HDTV was a luxury. Later, UHD TV was a luxury. We live in a luxurious world....
And once I had it I have to have it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)