Walmart Fathers Day Blu Deals?

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Wal-Mart to Offer 'HDTV Specials' For Father's Day?

Washington, D.C. (May 27, 2008) -- Wal-Mart is planning to slash prices on several High-Definition products for the retailer's Father's Day sale.

Posters at several Internet message boards, including SlickDeals.com, have reported seeing Wal-Mart's 'Father's Day' promotional brochure which will appear in this Sunday's newspapers.

According to the posters, the ad says the retailer will offer a number of HD-related deals from June 8-15 including:

* Play Station 3 for $399 with a $100 Wal-Mart Blu-ray gift card; $399 is the normal price, but the gift card can be used to purchase $100 in Blu-ray movies.

* Panasonic Blu-ray player for $448, also with the $100 Blu-ray gift card.

* Select Blu-ray movies for $15 each, including such recent releases as Flags of Our Fathers, War, 3:10 to Yuma and Shooter.

Sounds nice. Might bring a few more into the fold.

But I'd rather see someone doing super sales on Toshiba Regza & Samsung A650 LCDs, or a Panny plasma. Oh heck, it's my dream- let's hope for a super sale on Kuros! I should live so long.

Yeah. But it's gotta be a heck of an excuse. Wife made very persuasive points about our budget. And something about a new kitchen- I didn't quite catch that one, running and ducking as I was.... :rolleyes:

* Play Station 3 for $399 with a $100 Wal-Mart Blu-ray gift card; $399 is the normal price, but the gift card can be used to purchase $100 in Blu-ray movies.

Just to clarify, the giftcard can be used for anything in walmart or walmart.com. Does not need to be blu-ray movies.

Who the hell told them those movies were recent releases? I guess my definition of recent is different. Maybe Dish said "Recent releases are just like saying Coming Soon"

That kind of statement by walmart makes me want to go burn down the store near me! :)

If you're doing Food Network on a 54" (not 50, 52, 57 but 54?) plasma, I hope you have a feed from C-band or Verizon. Dish's HD-lite would make the compression artifacts, pixelation, macroblocking, etc. beyond tolerable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts