Want to switch back

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've compared Charter HD (Fort Worth system) and DirecTV HD side by side and DirecTV's HD quality is much better.

In my market I've actually measured the bitrates, and Charter is higher in most cases compared to DirecTV bitrates I've seen posted elsewhere. HD looks the same me, and SD looks better. Dish HD is the worst of the lot, but it's very hard to tell unless you look really close and have a pretty big display.

If Fort Worth isn't SDV or all digital, then they might be compressing the crap out out their HD. I know until my market went SDV last year, Charter HD looked like garbage, worse than SD in some cases. So cable quality is going to vary wildly depending on where you live. If the OP is considering the cable option, he really needs to see for himself. At least it's easier to try out since there is no commitment.

Tater0388 :

Hopefully Dish has come and solved your signal issues. If they have and you subscribe to the top tier and such, here's some info you may not have or be aware of. Dish is offering 6 month 1/2 off deals on all the premiums, multi-sports pack and BB@Home. And if you are in the 1st year as I think you are, here's how it should break down.

1st Retail cost:
Everything = $119.99
Multi-Sports = $11.00
BB@Home = $10.00

Total programming cost =$140.99

With the deals the way it works out is :
T250 = $74.99
HBO= $9
Max/Sho/Starz = $19.50
Multi-Sports = $5.50
BB@Home = $5.00

Total : $113.99, then minus whatever your 1st year discount is.

For me with 2 Hoppers, that programming and discounts the out of pocket is $90.99. I can't switch for less!

There was a moxi dvr years ago and better than TiVo but they quit selling them. You just bought the dvr as there was no life time fee. Tv companies should ditch the dvr lease fees. It's sickening what they make off their customers. I want to go cold turkey but too many live sports and shows I watch.

They came moved the dish again. Replaced one run of cable and I'm still having issues. I just gave up. I'll stick with them but I won't be watching much tv.

They came moved the dish again. Replaced one run of cable and I'm still having issues. I just gave up. I'll stick with them but I won't be watching much tv.

Geesh tater,I sure wouldn't be paying a bill if I wasn't getting full service.Go through and give is the strength levels on the sats,in the meantime I wouldn't hesitate to contact Dirt again,and let them know it still hadn't been fixed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts