Want to switch back

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The signal is very weak. We've had the dish moved and still not any better. Wind blows TV goes out. Never had that with directv.

If wind is truly enough to take out the signal, then your problems are one or more of the following:
1. tree issues - and wind makes that most likely. Which means to me that your installation isn't correct.
2. Misaimed dish, but the move should have cured that.
3. Poor cable quality

You are getting horrible offers from DirecTV imo.

Try emailing the office of the president from the website and tell them what you want and what you've been offered and emphasize that you aren't happy with the offers. Worst case it won't change anything, but if you have the luck I did when I did it, you'll get something a hell of a lot better than that.

What did you subscribe to when you were with Direct? If you were in a minimal package when you were with them, that could be part of why you're not getting good offers.

Now back to weak signal. I've not seen that be an issue in a proper installation with either service, something is amiss if you're not getting good signal with little loss of viewing during some bad weather.

I have the everything pack. I had it all so I don't think that's a problem. Lol I hope not anyways. On hold again. Looking in to the win backs that I was emailed when i I first cancelled to see if that will help. The rep I'm talking to now seems to know what he is doing!? Fingers crossed anyways!

As for the signal lose I have no idea what's causing it. The techs say I have a clear LOS and they can't seem to figure it out. But the wind blows and it's out.

Off the phone again. Win back sucks ass. Over 600 still with equipment handling and install. Unless I want to go to standard non hd equipment for 99 upfront. Guess I just have to stick with what I have, and keep trying to figure out what's causing my signal to go out.

Off the phone again. Win back sucks ass. Over 600 still with equipment handling and install. Unless I want to go to standard non hd equipment for 99 upfront. Guess I just have to stick with what I have, and keep trying to figure out what's causing my signal to go out.

Get dish to send you a different tech and check your setup. Also here the wind blows and I see my 4' dishes bounce and I get absolutely no signal drops. Heck I lose signal maybe once a year and I'm in Puerto Rico!

Start with having the tech replace switches/nodes and cable terminals. Also check the sturdiness of the dish to make sure theres zero play. If necessary reposition the dish by mounting it elsewhere.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I also saw on your node thread that your dish is mounted to a pole (mines are mounted on concrete cement) check the pole's sturdiness your problem might be there.

Since your dish mounted on the pole I'm assuming you can't mount it anywhere else.

I also saw on your node thread that your dish is mounted to a pole (mines are mounted on concrete cement) check the pole's sturdiness your problem might be there.

Since your dish mounted on the pole I'm assuming you can't mount it anywhere else.

Pole seems sturdy. Not really any play in it. In my area a dish can not be mounted on any building. Has to be on a pole. Dish has another tech coming out to look at it and try to figure out what's wrong. The last 2 have both said I have a clear LOS so I don't know what else it would be.

Pole seems sturdy. Not really any play in it. In my area a dish can not be mounted on any building. Has to be on a pole. Dish has another tech coming out to look at it and try to figure out what's wrong. The last 2 have both said I have a clear LOS so I don't know what else it would be.

Then it must be a faulty connection or receiver.

If your reason for leaving is strictly the signal issues, then I would suggest contacting DiRT and getting them involved, I had install issues and they got it taken care of.

As for switching back to Directv, eventually you will start receiving come back offers and they will include free genie and clients. The one I just received is for discounts, free genie & clients, free Sunday Ticket, and $200 towards my ETF. The funny thing is I would still be a long standing customer if they had simply offered a Genie and 2 clients back when their guide update crippled my 3 series 2 Directv Tivos. Every time I open the comeback offer I am tempted to switch back, but my experience with Dish has been so good up to this point that it is hard to leave.

Called again today. 299.99 for the genie and 69 a piece for the clients. At most I only use 3 TVs at a time so a genie and 3 clients would be fine.
As long as you understand that the fifth TV will need a fourth client ($6/month), you're fine. Without a client, the TV will be unserved.

Since he has 5 televisions, he may want at least one HR/H box in order to be able to watch all 5 at once.

I think it's $7 a month now per receiver/client
Maybe for Joeys!
Fees
onepixelBlue.gif

trans.gif

trans.gif

06/14
Additional TV
trans.gif

06/14
Additional TV
trans.gif

06/14
Additional TV
trans.gif

06/14
Primary TV

I haven't gotten any offers that from them offering to pay the etf.? I'd sign back up with them if I didn't have a 175 etf with dish left. Only offers I've gotten is for free genie and client.

i left D* for 12 mo, they kept begging for me to return............................when i did return it was at "NO" cost..........all new stuff, Genie and client, plus they paid the 195.00 eft for E*...................// good luck.:D

Direct offers more sports than dish plus full time rsn's. I get the fliers that say we'll do almost anything to win you back. When I called to ask questions about the genie they asked why not sign up today. Then when I say bc of the etf with dish, he goes hold on. Puts me in hold for 5 mins and comes back and says sorry we don't have any offers to pay your fee with dish. Then he got mad when I said I'd have to wait.

Charter in my area has more HD than Dish or DirecTV for less money. And if you use cable card like me, your monthly DVR cost is only $2 versus $25-ish for satellite and you aren't stuck with those Stone Age cable DVRs.

Charter in my area has more HD than Dish or DirecTV for less money. And if you use cable card like me, your monthly DVR cost is only $2 versus $25-ish for satellite and you aren't stuck with those Stone Age cable DVRs.
Yea and what do you stick this cable card into?

I've compared Charter HD (Fort Worth system) and DirecTV HD side by side and DirecTV's HD quality is much better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)