Wanting to upgrade to an addition 722k

dvrexpander

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 23, 2009
Near a tree
I've currently got a 622 - I want to add another 2 tuners or a 722k to the house. I want to do this myself as I used to install them a few years ago and I know what I'm doing and already have the location wired up for the receiver however they won't ship it to me so I can do it myself. They said go by a location that has them as authorized to process it and do it that way. If I suggested a tech to just bring it to me then they wanted to charge me $99 for a tech visit but as I said I was going to do it myself - does this make a lick of sense to anyone? They mail the sucker and I put it in saves a ton of money on their end. Instead I have to go find a local shop and pick one up so I can put it in myself.

I've currently got a 622 - I want to add another 2 tuners or a 722k to the house. I want to do this myself as I used to install them a few years ago and I know what I'm doing and already have the location wired up for the receiver however they won't ship it to me so I can do it myself. They said go by a location that has them as authorized to process it and do it that way. If I suggested a tech to just bring it to me then they wanted to charge me $99 for a tech visit but as I said I was going to do it myself - does this make a lick of sense to anyone? They mail the sucker and I put it in saves a ton of money on their end. Instead I have to go find a local shop and pick one up so I can put it in myself.
You are a lease customer that is their receiver, if they install it they know it is done to their specs. If you need to install it yourself they allow you to BUY IT and do what you want. EBAY and many retailers are available for you to buy from.

Yes it does make sense to me. What dosen't make sense is how hard you are making it for yourself. With the protection plan a service call is $15 not $99. A technician can come out with your receiver and connect it, after he leaves you can reconnect it any way you want.

When the 612 was new, I convinced Executive Resolutions to ship me two of them, which I installed myself. $25/ea for shipping. No issues, other than shipping me two 622s at first by mistake. My argument was that I built my own DPP switch gear out of cannibalized twins, and it would take me longer to explain to the installer what was going on, than simply to install it myself. Of course I have no clue whether they will still do that.

Yeah I'm going to call again tomorrow and raise hell... more I thought about it and the time I've been a customer they should ship me the damn thing and like the fact I'm sticking around cause I'm not about to pay $99 to have a tech do what I've already done or will I drive 100miles round trip to pick up a damn box.

Directv here you come isn't that the next threat just use the system instead of figthing it.
Yeah I'm going to call again tomorrow and raise hell... more I thought about it and the time I've been a customer they should ship me the damn thing and like the fact I'm sticking around cause I'm not about to pay $99 to have a tech do what I've already done or will I drive 100miles round trip to pick up a damn box.

As has been pointed out above. Sign up for the protection plan, get the reduced $15 fee, and afterwards drop the protection plan. I'm not sure if they still have the $25 fee for dropping the PP before 4 months. Probably not much more than paying the shipping if they sent it to you and you don't have to do any of the work.

As has been pointed out above. Sign up for the protection plan, get the reduced $15 fee, and afterwards drop the protection plan. I'm not sure if they still have the $25 fee for dropping the PP before 4 months. Probably not much more than paying the shipping if they sent it to you and you don't have to do any of the work.
They had dropped the 4 month term for a while, but recently brought it back

Or if you want to buy your own receiver and install it yourself go to dish depot.com and let mark send you a 722 k. He is very good to deal with. I've bought dish and directv equipment from him.

Or if you want to buy your own receiver and install it yourself go to dish depot.com and let mark send you a 722 k. He is very good to deal with. I've bought dish and directv equipment from him.

Issue is it doesn't matter if you buy it yourself or get it thru them cause either way you paying the stupid $17 extra a month fee...which is beyond lame. So I'm going to make them send me a damn receiver of I'll threaten and may just do it to switch after 12years plus. I know we have Dish reps here and it would maybe be nice if one of them contacted me to send it to me this way. I can put it in, I prewired the room to the LMB when I installed for Dish a few years ago - I have no plans to diplex the line or double back to another room right now as it will just serve as a way for the wife to double record and watch at the same time in that location.

Issue is it doesn't matter if you buy it yourself or get it thru them cause either way you paying the stupid $17 extra a month fee...which is beyond lame. So I'm going to make them send me a damn receiver of I'll threaten and may just do it to switch after 12years plus. I know we have Dish reps here and it would maybe be nice if one of them contacted me to send it to me this way. I can put it in, I prewired the room to the LMB when I installed for Dish a few years ago - I have no plans to diplex the line or double back to another room right now as it will just serve as a way for the wife to double record and watch at the same time in that location.
Or, you could contact one of the DIRT members yourself, it's not so hard.

Issue is it doesn't matter if you buy it yourself or get it thru them cause either way you paying the stupid $17 extra a month fee...which is beyond lame.... I have no plans to diplex the line or double back to another room right now as it will just serve as a way for the wife to double record and watch at the same time in that location.

Why not get a 612 instead. They only cost $10/mo since they serve a single TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)