Warning - No Partial Month Credit

andrews777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 5, 2004
We had signed up to pay for the special channels since my wife was hooked on HGTV and "Special Report with Brit Hume". :)

We just switched to a package deal that included Verizon Fios, so my wife called in and canceled our separate package deal. Since we paid ahead we should have gotten a credit for about 1/3rd of the monthly price. Two different reps told her that this was the normal practice, even though we ceased service on 9/19. (We have also since canceled Dish - About $18.00 per month for my "free" lifetime service.)

I realize this may give ammo for those who are consumed with a passion to hate SkyAngel, but I posted it anyway to warn anyone to not expect an easy partial refund.

With these poor business practices it is no wonder they are going under.

Brad

Sky Angel has always been known for not giving "partial refunds". I beleive it is nowin their fine print some where....... Their business isn't based on a Christ like model but on a financial one that some might call greed :(

So it is not worth having my wife try to get a partial month refund for the time after we canceled our Dish service? If not, I won't have her waste the time for a $6 refund. Her time is worth more than that....

Brad

sadly no. I learned to cancel or suspend my service on the last day of the bill cycle. I had a <$10 credit and after 3 calls I gave up...taught me
-not to pay ahead too much
-cancel on last day of bill cycle

I wonder if it would be worth disputing it with the credit card company. Probably not in case I ever went back to Dish in the future, several years from now. At least not for $6. :)

Thanks for the information on that!

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)