Was There Really a National Release of the New HD UI?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schneid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
In the Wind
I been watching this for a few weeks and reading about the HD UI that some said went national this week. I have watched redh.com and seen 0x573, 0x575, and 0x576 rolling in and out of the pipeline. I even forced a download of 0x576 to my H24-100 when it was in the primary transponder spot. The HD UI is very nice by the way. Today all the builds on the primary TP seem to be back the way they have been for weeks. Nothing new is available for any of my boxes.

Seems to me there were some builds slipped out for testing but the the HD UI has yet to roll out nationally and may have been pulled back in for tweaking.

Please enlighten me.

I had heard that it was only rolled out in the Vegas DMA initially don't know whether that has changed yet but Iceberg could well be right and it has.

Not sure on which dmas to start with but employee accounts have it now.The current build as of this past tuesday is still a little buggy, some r22's are having a problem with it, but he one I have does not.

I been watching this for a few weeks and reading about the HD UI that some said went national this week. I have watched redh.com and seen 0x573, 0x575, and 0x576 rolling in and out of the pipeline. I even forced a download of 0x576 to my H24-100 when it was in the primary transponder spot. The HD UI is very nice by the way. Today all the builds on the primary TP seem to be back the way they have been for weeks. Nothing new is available for any of my boxes.

Seems to me there were some builds slipped out for testing but the the HD UI has yet to roll out nationally and may have been pulled back in for tweaking.

Please enlighten me.

Don't have it here in WA, I did get a new software on sat according to the receiver but not the HD GUI on my HR24-500

0x4dc, Yesterday at 2:23am

I believe thats OLD software, probably the NR at this time.

The software with the HD Gui is like 0575 or so when it first came out, it's now up to 0576, might have been 0573 originally, I've been running it for several months now so I can't remember the exact version.

I believe thats OLD software, probably the NR at this time.

The software with the HD Gui is like 0575 or so when it first came out, it's now up to 0576, might have been 0573 originally, I've been running it for several months now so I can't remember the exact version.

I believe you are correct this is the same version I have had for a while, just noting that it was redownloaded the same version.

I believe you are correct this is the same version I have had for a while, just noting that it was redownloaded the same version.

You can force the NR at most anytime, outside of a CE time frame.
You cannot Force the New HD GUI unless your doing a CE or they come out and announce they are opening it up for an evening.

You can force the NR at most anytime, outside of a CE time frame.
You cannot Force the New HD GUI unless your doing a CE or they come out and announce they are opening it up for an evening.

Jimbo, are you sure that is true? I forced 576 to my H24-100 the other day when it was on the primary transponder and got the HD UI. It was also current for my HR24-500 HR20-100 but I read there were bugs so I passed as they are my primary home and RV boxes. 576 was active last night but the bird has rolled back to the previous versions now. A 0-2-4-6-8 sequence has always got me DL of what redh.com shows as primary at that time.

I don't know how all this works but I would think a national release would be primary on the bird 24/7.

Jimbo, are you sure that is true? I forced 576 to my H24-100 the other day when it was on the primary transponder and got the HD UI. It was also current for my HR24-500 HR20-100 but I read there were bugs so I passed as they are my primary home and RV boxes. 576 was active last night but the bird has rolled back to the previous versions now. A 0-2-4-6-8 sequence has always got me DL of what redh.com shows as primary at that time.

I don't know how all this works but I would think a national release would be primary on the bird 24/7.

The national releases are targeted, but your post makes me think that you can get it if you force the download even if you aren't supposed to receive it yet.

hell no....well maybe on the backup unit that still has the old guide (too lazy to do a CE on it) ;)

All my unit have the New HD GUI, so I have no need to mess with mine....

IF someone does try to force the update outside of the CE time frames, chances are they will get the current National Release ... You can still get back to the New GUI on the next CE.
IF as someone has said, it's always available, then it shouldn't be a problem.

People could always try it on a Friday evening...

Then again, if the New Gui is in the process of being rolled out as most suspect, it's possible that you COULD force the update and GET the New Gui.

Status
Please reply by conversation.