'Watch ESPN' app

mgiammetta

Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
Has anyone noticed that DISH Network is no longer listed in the provider choices in the Watch ESPN app? DISH customers cannot get access to watch ESPN 3 programming on their smartphones becauue of this occurrence... any concerns or comments? Thank you.

Has anyone noticed that DISH Network is no longer listed in the provider choices in the Watch ESPN app? DISH customers cannot get access to watch ESPN 3 programming on their smartphones becauue of this occurrence... any concerns or comments? Thank you.
Was it ever listed??

My question also.

Edit - find the answer is no. In fact many providers have never been. So I don't get the no longer listed......

Yes, DISH was previously listed... I used the app frequently to watch Italian soccer games on ESPN 3. This change is recent.

Late to the party... but a better question is WHY is the watch espn app not available on dish?

I feel sort of duped, and sorta negligent in my recent switch from Comcast to Dish. I just keep discovering new things I can't do that I was able to do on comcast. Yes, the watch ESPN app. Why do we get ESPN channels, but no app? And the Showtime App, or even showtime on demand? Feels like I have been put back to 90's TV where you have to watch your shows at the original airing date and be at your TV. It's funny, I pay for showtime, yet I have to torrent episodes of Homeland. This is rediculous.

Common sense would just lead you to believe that if you subscribe to a channel, the apps and on demand content will be available to you. Yeah, I should have done more research on some of these details, so I do take partial blame. So, I'm not screaming... but I am researching more closely my imminent switch to Direct TV.

The answer is because ESPN will not allow DISH customers to access the Watch ESPN app as those digital rights are not included in the current contract that they have with DISH. The same goes with DIRECTV as well. In fact many cable operators do not have Watch ESPN access for their customers.

I do believe we will see it come once the new contract is complete. The question is when will that be?

Late to the party... but a better question is WHY is the watch espn app not available on dish?

I feel sort of duped, and sorta negligent in my recent switch from Comcast to Dish. I just keep discovering new things I can't do that I was able to do on comcast. Yes, the watch ESPN app. Why do we get ESPN channels, but no app? And the Showtime App, or even showtime on demand? Feels like I have been put back to 90's TV where you have to watch your shows at the original airing date and be at your TV. It's funny, I pay for showtime, yet I have to torrent episodes of Homeland. This is rediculous.

Common sense would just lead you to believe that if you subscribe to a channel, the apps and on demand content will be available to you. Yeah, I should have done more research on some of these details, so I do take partial blame. So, I'm not screaming... but I am researching more closely my imminent switch to Direct TV.

Its all about contract and what is in it and we are all waiting on that to be finalized which has been in talks since Sept 30th when the recent contract expired. I have Dish TV and Comcast internet (the highest package they offer) yet I still can't do WatchESPN which is lame beyond lame. Comcast TV packages offer it but not internet when I'm paying more for it but it is what it is and that is the same for Dish TV.

Feels like I have been put back to 90's TV where you have to watch your shows at the original airing date and be at your TV. It's funny, I pay for showtime, yet I have to torrent episodes of Homeland. This is rediculous
What kind of receiver do you have? Is it a DVR? If so, then no excuses on Homeland.

The answer is because ESPN will not allow DISH customers to access the Watch ESPN app as those digital rights are not included in the current contract that they have with DISH. The same goes with DIRECTV as well. In fact many cable operators do not have Watch ESPN access for their customers. I do believe we will see it come once the new contract is complete. The question is when will that be?

The app would be a great feature for the Hopper!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

ESPN3 would be great and should be added to all providers but knowing ESPN more money they would want and alot I bet!! :D ;) :)

I can get ESPN3 on my Mac and sometimes I like to watch a game on it. I'm grandfathered on the Mac and can't get it to work on my iPad because I don't have a legitimate login. I'd love to be able to get it to my HDTV.... And yes, I have an HDMI connection from the Mac to the TV but it's a PITA.....

Why since you would already get the ESPN channels via Satellite anyways? Only advantage is you could access ESPN 3.

For some reason I thought there was more to the app then that. Your right would not be a great app for hopper but for other media devices would be

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)