WB-68 Switch with 18" Dish Only?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sfollenius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Hi, I had an HD setup with Directv and recently cancelled and moved to Dishnetwork. My In-laws have an SD-DVR (non-TIVO) and another Standard Def Reciever hooked up to an 18" single LNB dish. They only have one input from the Dish to their SD DVR, thus they only have one tuner. Is it possible to install the WB-68 indoors and input from the LNB and use two of the outputs to gain dual tuner functionality on the SD DVR? If so, which input would they use for the scenario, (I realize this isn't what the switch is designed for).

Thanks!

You need to connect both outputs from the 18" dish to the WB68. After the dish is connected you will have 8 outputs available

Yes just connect the two cables from the 18" to the 13v and 18v. Now you have 8 SD tuners, run two lines to the dvr.

It will work just fine like this.

Has anyone actually tried this? The WB68 switch is designed for a KAKU dish, not the original 18" dish. The WB68 switch usually needs 4 inputs, not 2.

Not saying it wouldn't work, but I've never seen it.

Has anyone actually tried this? The WB68 switch is designed for a KAKU dish, not the original 18" dish. The WB68 switch usually needs 4 inputs, not 2.

It WILL work just fine w/an 18" dish; the instructions even say so that come with them... ;)

And actually, it will ALSO work fine with the P3 oval dishes, AS well as the international dish... ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts