Web issues at SADOUN

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm a Linux/Firefox user and have also had problems with the Sadoun site. It's happened under Firefox/WinXP as well. I did some packet captures using Ethereal to try to track down the problem, but it wasn't immediately clear what was going on. I eventually got around to sending the dump file to Sadoun, but so far not much has changed. I tend to think this is somehow an issue with the gzip compression that's enabled on the server, but I'm not entirely sure.

What I do know is this: the front page always works. The pages below that sometimes work, but usually don't. When they don't, clicking "reload" almost always fixes the problem. So that's what I do - just reload any page that comes up blank on the first try.

Ok, we have done some changes on the website. Updates will be published in 30 minutes. Could some FireFox users verify if they can surf the site fine now?

Last edited:
This was from my laptop - older FireFox (1.0.7), probably different issue. The site loaded slower than usual and once I drilled down to a specific receiver it puked.

As before, re-loading the page brought it up just fine.

Attachments

• sadoun002.gif
    sadoun002.gif
    92.7 KB · Views: 88
Xp Pro Sp2

charper1 said:
There is a specific version for WinXP ?

AMD 64 dual core....With WinXP Pro SP2 and all updates, Firefox 1.5.,1...must still hit reload several times before secondary pages load

NOTE: this is a second (prebuilt computer that started off with Home media edition (same problem) and upgraded to Pro( same problem, as did my custom AMD machine of old)

I still believe the programmer optimized for explorer and thus the trouble...would not run Exporer for any amount of $$$. When a hole developes, it is usually in Explorer or Outlook Express...MS= troublesome software!

Ok, so here is what I am hearing from you. FireFox is still having a hardtime accessing our webpages without refresh. :yikes We will do another change and then come back to you.

Firefox 1.5.0.1 on Linux, working perfectly now. I haven't seen a single blank page yet, and I'm 98% sure I tested it with Firefox 1.5.0.1 on Linux a week or two ago and had problems, so this is a good sign.

Ok, FireFox guys, check it out now. Let me know how is the page loading speed now. I hope all pages will open fine for you. :D

Perfect!

Sadoun said:
Ok, FireFox guys, check it out now. Let me know how is the page loading speed now. I hope all pages will open fine for you. :D

Par excellance! Perfect on my machine now!

Congrats!
Jeff

You guys rock. Thanks for the quick feedbacks. I guess the FireFox browser issue is resolved. You guys who responded win a SatHawk 3000 meter.... :eek: Stop, just kidding. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts