webSAMS messed up again so I say goodbye to H2H

Status
Please reply by conversation.
2) I never asked for Tim's extension. If I had, I would never post a boast about it. :yikes

Why would you want to drag his name into this anyway??? That, imo, is very unprofessional.:yikes

Tvropro's alias is 4DTVpro and he is trying to help you out by offering the phone number for the man in charge! When I have a problem, whether it is at Walmart or Radio Shack, it is great to talk to the big wheel and get things straightened out right away instead of getting frustrated. If this happened to you before then get a hold someone there and get the situation corrected. :)

If you did not want any help, why then start a thread about it???... :confused:

The last time I checked, we all were free to make whatever decisions we want when it comes to tv. Not one solution will fit everyone. It's time to stop fighting, and to all go out for a beer together and be glad that we're all watching TV via satellite, which offers more choices, rather than being spoon-fed down a cable tv line.
Man I wish I could, but someone name TVROPRO is spreading so much sh*t I bet his eyes are brown. I never met a bigger F'n liar in my life...

And its all about to come out. I can't hold back anymore....

Man I wish I could, but someone name TVROPRO is spreading so much sh*t I bet his eyes are brown. I never met a bigger F'n liar in my life...

And its all about to come out. I can't hold back anymore....

:eek:!!!...

What did he do to you when you met him that you feel that way?

As long as this thread has turned into a "vent"...... I have both Dishnet and 4DTV and of course, FTA. I don't really care for either of the subscriptions, but it serves a purpose. My wife wants the ease of Dishnet because of locals and Foxnews and ONE REMOTE. I like the 4DTV option of my choices, but wish it was a wider choice. FTA I watch most of the time, but my whole system is too complicated for my wife. Of course it doesn't help that I am constantly tweaking and changing and testing the system...

I understand the predicament. I had 4DTV, Dish, Cable & H2H at various times. What do I watch? HGTV, The Military Channel, DIY, HI, THC, and distant networks. Thats about it. The rest is OTA programing which is free. FTA is a great hobby but always in flux. I had those subs mainly for those living with me but now that they are on their own paths I really don't need much. Big dish sits mainly idle except for DMX. Little Dish mainly for distant networks and Holmes on Homes. (I miss greatly Chicago networks in HD because that is my home town. Free country, tell me another one!) Yeah I am always tweaking things and replacing faulty stuff.
Dish, Direct & Cable as well as free OTA are for people that just use TV for entertainment and they do their job fairly well. We are a different lot in that we are hobbyists and technicians and like to play with this stuff.
It just tears me up when I see such a great hobby destroyed by such strife and those from tombstone sure didn't help the situation any. Probably why I don't care much about it anymore.

:mad:

Why is it when someone posts about 4DTV that a couple folks dont like (the 4DTV kool-aid drinkers) they come here and trash the thread?
Arent these the same ones who stormed off in a huff when we combined the C-Band and 4DTV areas and said they werent gonna be back?

So why keep coming back?

Tvropro's alias is 4DTVpro and he is trying to help you out by offering the phone number for the man in charge! When I have a problem, whether it is at Walmart or Radio Shack, it is great to talk to the big wheel and get things straightened out right away instead of getting frustrated. If this happened to you before then get a hold someone there and get the situation corrected. :)

If you did not want any help, why then start a thread about it???... :confused:

I bet the man in charge is ever so grateful his home/cell phone number wasn't spewed out for every irate customer to get a hold of. Even if I had his number, I wouldn't have called out of respect. It was 6:45 here so that would be 8:45 or 9:45 there.

In addition, I did want some advice & is why I started the thread. It was suggested I retry webSAM's, which I did, and it worked. I didn't have to make that phone call after all, which I already stated.

if you paid your bills on time this should not happen. one day perhaps you will learn
if you cant pay bills on time ou deserve what you get

You're absolutely right stone phillips & I did get what I deserved. That's why there should be ways to correct my mistake and in this case, webSAMs failed. But it did work this morning so all is good.

Dish, Direct & Cable as well as free OTA are for people that just use TV for entertainment and they do their job fairly well. We are a different lot in that we are hobbyists and technicians and like to play with this stuff.
It just tears me up when I see such a great hobby destroyed by such strife and those from tombstone sure didn't help the situation any. Probably why I don't care much about it anymore.

:mad:

Very well put.
It's like someone taking your Cadillac away from you & replacing it with a Yugo & you have no say. I'm not saying Yugo is a bad car though. In fact it's a great car.

NotTy glad you got sorted.

FWIW I don't tick the auto renew option, just in case I can't make it or I don't want to.

I use my phone to remind me a few days before the scheduled turn off so I can keep it going.

If I let it expire, programming goes off, I can wait a day or 2, then login and renew - I wonder if it works ok for me because the auto renew is off?

I bet the man in charge is ever so grateful his home/cell phone number wasn't spewed out for every irate customer to get a hold of. Even if I had his number, I wouldn't have called out of respect. It was 6:45 here so that would be 8:45 or 9:45 there.

In addition, I did want some advice & is why I started the thread. It was suggested I retry webSAM's, which I did, and it worked. I didn't have to make that phone call after all, which I already stated.

Your title choice of this thread did not indicate that you wanted any advice. It was more like I have had it and I am through with it all! :eek:

SRL and Skyvision are small enough companies that they do care and are willing and able to help out when a problem arises. The pizza shops are huge compared to them and from my personal experience could care less about losing a few customers here and there. They also have advertising campaigns and there are people who know of no other way to get TV which includes paying for locals. We at SatelliteGuys do know what choices are out there so pick what suits you! ;)

I have a small business and my phone line is always open for my customers if they need anything or if a problem should arise. I stand behind on what I sell and I can be reached most any time and my customers know it! :)

Why is it when someone posts about 4DTV that a couple folks dont like (the 4DTV kool-aid drinkers) they come here and trash the thread?
Arent these the same ones who stormed off in a huff when we combined the C-Band and 4DTV areas and said they werent gonna be back?

So why keep coming back?

What 4DTV people stormed off??? :confused:

It was more about the convenience to have a 4DTV area with all the info within easy access. I have trouble searching the threads and archives when trying to find something so it was a great idea having a dedicated area. Both pizza shops have separate area which if combined would be bass akwards too! ;)

The negative side of all of this is that there are some who are afraid to post anything about 4DTV due to the post getting deleted or it turns into a all out pizza party! :caked:

What 4DTV people stormed off??? :confused:
there were some people who said in other threads they were leaving...yet they keep coming back

It was more about the convenience to have a 4DTV area with all the info within easy access.
that ship has long sailed so lets drop that. Its still in the C-Band area so its easy to find. Its not like its scattered across 3 or 4 areas

The negative side of all of this is that there are some who are afraid to post anything about 4DTV due to the post getting deleted or it turns into a all out pizza party! :caked:
boy there is the pot calling the kettle black. Who was the 1st one to mention DBS in this thread? thats right...you in post #2

It always seems that when a thread is started there are a few people (you and Glen being two of them) who seem to inject the conversation with DBS. If you notice you two are the ones who are talking about DBS in the thread.

boy there is the pot calling the kettle black. Who was the 1st one to mention DBS in this thread? thats right...you in post #2

It always seems that when a thread is started there are a few people (you and Glen being two of them) who seem to inject the conversation with DBS.
They both have a secret fetish for Pizza, its all they talk about... Hell TVROPRO loves it so much hes made it his avatar.

Who was the 1st one to mention DBS in this thread?

Yes that was me! It is my way of saying from my personal experience that he might be making a mistake and he will be back. Iceberg you along with others give out advice along with puns too. ;)

NotTy glad you got sorted.

FWIW I don't tick the auto renew option, just in case I can't make it or I don't want to.

I use my phone to remind me a few days before the scheduled turn off so I can keep it going.

If I let it expire, programming goes off, I can wait a day or 2, then login and renew - I wonder if it works ok for me because the auto renew is off?

I'll have to check that. I get month to month subscriptions & could have sworn I was told to check mark the option to auto renew in order for the program to stay unlocked so I could get in if the subscription lapses. The first 2 times my sub lapsed, I was totally locked out, but this time, it did let me in but wouldn't let me renew. It might have been a fluke. This morning it worked fine & I didn't have to call..

Actually, that's a good question to ask because now I forgot what to do; check the auto renew or not, because I smash houses for a living, not repair 4DTV equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)