Weird issue on 72-amc6

Status
Please reply by conversation.

southofi-10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 17, 2010
South Louisiana
I peaked my lnb and dish the other day for nbc,but now all I catch is gbn,which I never got before,and still can't get kftl. One amc 6 @ 72w
Could my skew be off enough to get one,but not the other?
Used to get nbc good and strong.

Is the dish motorized or fixed? To answer the question, yes you can get the skew off so much that it might only get one polarity.
You can also mess up the elevation just enough to only get H or V, done that before too.

i am working on nbc on72w also. i finally got it in on my 6' at a q of 70 but very sensitive with diseqc 1.2. i did discover that the transponder was at 12053 and a change to 12051 made an improvement in signal. several trips out to the dish from the basement to adjust the dish only led to me dropping montana pbs, 125w, but got that back. i am getting the signal now but it is very sensitive. charlie

If in adjusting the dish you changed either the reference elevation or the reference azimuth, then you can change the dish skew at the east or west lmits so the signal is better at one end but worse at the other. In futzing around I ended up moving my dish more east to get better 72w but then lost 101w and farther west. I could adjust the elevation when pointed to 101w to get a good signal but then I lost 72w. I understand this is because the motor is set to follow an arc so if not properly centered with reference due south, the arc will be off. My fix was to recenter my dish on due south with the correct highest elevation and now I have strong results across the entire arc 61w to 125w.

i am working on nbc on72w also. i finally got it in on my 6' at a q of 70 but very sensitive with diseqc 1.2. i did discover that the transponder was at 12053 and a change to 12051 made an improvement in signal. several trips out to the dish from the basement to adjust the dish only led to me dropping montana pbs, 125w, but got that back. i am getting the signal now but it is very sensitive. charlie
Pufff, Puffff, Puffff, Puffff! Any adjustment should be done at the dish, WITH your equipment or you are going to wear yourself out!:D

RT.

All along I thought it was a bad switch or cable.I did find a bad vcable connection,so I guess thats what started my search.
The problem with the nbc mux was I was usuing the wrong polarity.I decided to change it,and BANG!!,strong signal and quality.The good thing to come oput of this is now I'm getting gbn and kftl.
I'm going out now to try and tweek my 125 dish and try and get "all" the pbs transponders.

Here we go..................

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)