Weird Reset Message? (1 Viewer)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AriesGodofWar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 22, 2007
Fenton, Mo
Was just watching TV with the kids and my HR24-200 popped up a message saying that the box needed to do a reset, and asking me if I wanted to do it now, or later. This is the first time I have ever seen this, anyone else ever experience? It was just like if my computer received a Windows update. I am on 592 if it matters, (in the event this should go to the CE threads). Just curious as to why the box might require resetting itself as I had never seen it do this.

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Weird. I remember a similar message after one of the earlier CE's to upgrade some of the features. Haven't had it since, and I'm also on 592.

S~

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
It sounds like you are getting the national release of the new firmware.

AriesGodofWar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 22, 2007
Fenton, Mo
Hmm, I dunno, after the reboot, I am still on 0x592 and Pandora, Youtube, etc. are all still there and working. Perhaps they were pushing the National release to the boxes......

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Well, I guess I got the same message. My dad said he updated. Still on 592, though. I'll do the CE tonight anyways.

S~

Bodo Fenrirsson

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
I had that on one of my DVR's(HR24) yesterday. I had 595. I have 3 HD DVR's & 2 HD receivers,& only that one box had the message,unless the other 4 boxes just reset on their own.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts