Weird Reset Message?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AriesGodofWar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Fenton, Mo
Was just watching TV with the kids and my HR24-200 popped up a message saying that the box needed to do a reset, and asking me if I wanted to do it now, or later. This is the first time I have ever seen this, anyone else ever experience? It was just like if my computer received a Windows update. I am on 592 if it matters, (in the event this should go to the CE threads). Just curious as to why the box might require resetting itself as I had never seen it do this.

Weird. I remember a similar message after one of the earlier CE's to upgrade some of the features. Haven't had it since, and I'm also on 592.

S~

It sounds like you are getting the national release of the new firmware.

Hmm, I dunno, after the reboot, I am still on 0x592 and Pandora, Youtube, etc. are all still there and working. Perhaps they were pushing the National release to the boxes......

Well, I guess I got the same message. My dad said he updated. Still on 592, though. I'll do the CE tonight anyways.

S~

I had that on one of my DVR's(HR24) yesterday. I had 595. I have 3 HD DVR's & 2 HD receivers,& only that one box had the message,unless the other 4 boxes just reset on their own.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)