Welcome Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble clicking the blue ball with double down arrows on it. This is supposed to take me to the 1st unread post in the thread. Instead it shows the first post of the entire thread, and then it jumps to the right page containing the first unread post, but does not go directly to that unread post. Instead it displays at top. This sure sounds familiar; I think it was happing when you upgraded the last time. Is it only me? FF6 here.

Same here. Cleared cache. Marked all read.

If your referring to clicking on this image/icon
viewpost-right.png
, this will tell you what it does when you hover over the image with your mouse pointer, which is "Go to Last Post", its NOT go to the "First Unread Post".

I have gone through the Arcade and checked and all games that are supposed to work with our arcade and submit scores are working fine.

The issue is most of the new games (the ones with ads) do not submit scores to our arcade. There is nothing we can do about that as these games were never meant to work with vBulletin.

If your referring to clicking on this image/icon
viewpost-right.png
, this will tell you what it does when you hover over the image with your mouse pointer, which is "Go to Last Post", its NOT go to the "First Unread Post".
No, I always click this one: firstnew.png in the thread list. Hover over says, "Go to first new post." It no longer does this.

No, I always click this one: View attachment 69998 in the thread list. Hover over says, "Go to first new post." It no longer does this.

What I am seeing now is when you click that one TheKrell has listed above it first takes me to the first post and then to the first new post. Almost like it loads the page twice.

What I am seeing now is when you click that one TheKrell has listed above it first takes me to the first post and then to the first new post. Almost like it loads the page twice.
That's almost exactly my experience. I get the flash of the very first page of the thread, and then it immediately refreshes and goes to the top of the page containing the first new post. I still have to scroll down to find the first new post which could be anywhere.

Oh well I am done working on it for tonight, was up almost to 4am last night, so I am tired now... plus that Blockbuster thing wore me out. :D

I have gone through the Arcade and checked and all games that are supposed to work with our arcade and submit scores are working fine.

The issue is most of the new games (the ones with ads) do not submit scores to our arcade. There is nothing we can do about that as these games were never meant to work with vBulletin.

No sir.
Two very popular old original games like Santas Switch and Chain Letters worked fine up until about two years ago. These two games stopped keeping high scores about two years ago after you added a bunch of new games in the arcade along with the other games that were seperate from the arcade .

The problems with the games keeping scores started Jan. 16 2007 when you added 2000 more games.

Last edited:
Good morning,

Still working on the redirection problem. There is an obvious problem with vBSEO and its redirection in NGINX. We are working on it and hope to have it fixed shortly. :)

Scott,

I tried to start a new thread about the 'Go to First New Post' earlier today and something didn't post right. I see something like that is being discussed here, so if you can please just go ahead and delete that other thread. Here's what I wrote in the message that doesn't seem to be there:

In the last few days the little 'Go to First New Post' arrow has been working strangely. On some threads it works like it always has and brings me to the first new post, but on many other threads, like the Dish/Blockbuster thread, it brings me to the top of the page that contains the first new post, but not to the first new post itself.

Is it something with my Firefox browser or something else on my computer, or is it something else? Anyone else seeing this? Thanks.

Yes, that's exactly what I see with the exception that I get a very brief/unreadable flash of the 1st page in the thread before going to the top of the page containing the first new post.

Yes, that's exactly what I see with the exception that I get a very brief/unreadable flash of the 1st page in the thread before going to the top of the page containing the first new post.

I got that flash too.

JSheridan said:
Is it something with my Firefox browser or something else on my computer, or is it something else? Anyone else seeing this? Thanks.
Nope its not you or your browser its an issue with vbseo, the other message you poster which its not showing gave us a good clue.

now its just working with VBseo support on a Sunday that's the issue.

It will get fixed. :)

No hurry on my account Scott. I'll be going out with the family soon, and you should probably do the same. :)

Oh, and thanks for all you do here. It is appreciated.

Scott, I reported a while back that the "Quick Links" at the top of the screen would not work for me when I selected "My Posts"; what I got instead was "My Threads". "My Threads" returned the same search results.

Since the new server was installed, the "My Posts" now works the way it should and returns a list of threads that I have posted in. However, now the "My Threads" returns the same results as "My Posts". I'm happier with that since I'm more interested in my posts, but I thought you'd like to know.

Ok got a reply back on the vbSEO issue, they are saying its a problem with pure NGINX, vBSEO and most importantly the version of vBulletin we are running.

They say if I upgrade the version of vBulletin (we are now 4 updates behind) the problem SHOULD be fixed.

So now the question is do I upgrade the version of vb to the latest version. I am leaning twards yes because we are going to need to sooner or later. But I would like your opinon. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ok got a reply back on the vbSEO issue, they are saying its a problem with pure NGINX, vBSEO and most importantly the version of vBulletin we are running.

They say if I upgrade the version of vBulletin (we are now 4 updates behind) the problem SHOULD be fixed.

So now the question is do I upgrade the version of vb to the latest version. I am leaning twards yes because we are going to need to sooner or later. But I would like your opinon. :)

I say go for it.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts