Welcome Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold your mouse over "inbox" in the upper right corner. On the bottom right of that menu will be a link that says "start a conversation". Click there. That's the new name for a pm.

Can't wait to see what you have in store for the Christmas theme this year. :)

Hey I see Scott has added a few more themes.Trying the dark and blue now,man it is really dark!

Hey I see Scott has added a few more themes.Trying the dark and blue now,man it is really dark!

I think I still prefer the default theme but "dark & orange" and "dark & green" both look pretty slick too. It's nice to have the extra choices.

I just like "dark". Was fun chatting with Scott on WION about this when he said, "I know you like the darker themes"....(or words to that effect)....and I do!
Seems easier on the eyes to me than the bright white. Matches our WION site better, too...which Scott spent much time working to match in the old software.

The brew blue was hand made, I don't like the default that Ray likes over there.

While I'm here.. another dumb question from a computer/internet troglodyte. We used to be able to highlight a word/phrase as a link. How do we do that now?

It works the same on this site, just the icon is a little different. Highlight the word you want to link, then click on the "paper clip" on the top of the dialog box (right next to the text format tools) A dialog box will come up. Type or paste your link. Click insert. And you're done.

You can also add a link to an existing post by clicking on "edit" below the post and doing the same thing as noted above.

If you want to remove the link, highlight the word with the link then click on the paper clip with the X on the bottom right.

In your reply, highlight the word(s) you wish to use as a link and click the link button
44394-117fae928c2e8fc59d2952de350c46d5.jpg
in the post editor. They you can paste in the url and it will be applied to those word(s)....

Reactions: TheKrell
It works the same on this site, just the icon is a little different. Highlight the word you want to link, then click on the "paper clip" on the top of the dialog box (right next to the text format tools) A dialog box will come up. Type or paste your link. Click insert. And you're done.
Paper clip? Huh! Who woulda thunk.. Tnx Tony. and Cosmo..

Actually you did see a question mark. I was wrong on the last post. I had made a post "elsewhere'' with a exclamation of huh and forgot. I don't see a "inbox" after any user name.

Near the top of the page is a blue bar. At the right is your username, then inbox, then alerts.

LOL!!! I love those "a-hah" moments that make me look at the world just a little differently to discover what everyone has been trying to tell me!

If you read a post and you want to start a conversation (PM) with that person, click on their name on that post. "Start a conversation" is one of the options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)