Welcome Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned in another thread that Tapatalk is showing 70+ threads as "subscribed" and presumably new/updated and now I see why. My "Watched threads" is showing what looks like the same thing (I didn't count them). It's showing threads from days or weeks ago as updated.

I see a "Mark forum as read" option but no "Mark threads as read" - or am I missing it ?

Was wondering about the PIT member tag. I don't care, as you see my name pop up there from time to time, but I think you 'outed' more than a few lurkers by showing that tag :)

Lol, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Reactions: jayn_j
A few of us in the video games forum noticed that the site is now converting amazon links into ads that show the product and pricing. Does Satelliteguys make extra money from doing this? I think these Amazon ads might be some of the few ads that people actually click on. I know that I click on links in the Video Game Deals thread almost daily and have actually bought several games in the past after following Amazon links from satellite guys. If you get extra money for people buying things from ads they clicked on you might actually see some success there even though it's not the most viewed part of this website.

If you want to see what I'm talking about look at this post.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3454330/

A few of us in the video games forum noticed that the site is now converting amazon links into ads that show the product and pricing. Does Satelliteguys make extra money from doing this? I think these Amazon ads might be some of the few ads that people actually click on. I know that I click on links in the Video Game Deals thread almost daily and have actually bought several games in the past after following Amazon links from satellite guys. If you get extra money for people buying things from ads they clicked on you might actually see some success there even though it's not the most viewed part of this website.

If you want to see what I'm talking about look at this post.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3454330/

Hmm interesting... I have not set up something like that, but it could be something that Viglink is doing. (Viglink is the company we use to monetize the links)

I like the new yellow banner showing "Pub Member / Supporter"...stands out nicely.

Is there a code list, say for spoilers, hyperlinks, etc. ? Since I´m no expert on that I used to refer to one in the old software, but now that´s not available.

See the color in my avatar? THAT'S gold. :)

The Pub banner is yellow. :)

I screenshot my browser at work that hadn't been refreshed to the new site yet. I have a reference point for the old SatelliteGuys Black style for future reference. :)

I mentioned in another thread that Tapatalk is showing 70+ threads as "subscribed" and presumably new/updated and now I see why. My "Watched threads" is showing what looks like the same thing (I didn't count them). It's showing threads from days or weeks ago as updated.

I see a "Mark forum as read" option but no "Mark threads as read" - or am I missing it ?
Is there a link to mark threads as read ?

At the top of each forum page is a link on the left marked "mark forums read".

One thing I do miss in the new software is the ability to see online status for each user in a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts