Welcome Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and this:

upload_2014-5-27_12-50-29.png

nothing major but regardless of how you have it set to threads per page or posts per thread (mine is at 50) when you click on "new threads" it only shows 10 per page

Reactions: TNGTony
nothing major but regardless of how you have it set to threads per page or posts per thread (mine is at 50) when you click on "new threads" it only shows 10 per page

Exactly. I noted that, I´ve also set mine to show 50 threads and posts per page, but I wanted 50 new threads but I couldn´t find that option

Exactly. I noted that, I´ve also set mine to show 50 threads and posts per page, but I wanted 50 new threads but I couldn´t find that option
click on your name at the right top and go to "preferences"
scroll down to where it says "Threads per page" (right above the post per page option ;)

Also, I liked being able to see my entire list of subscribed threads, not just the unread ones. Took me a while to get back to this thread to reply. :)
Ok, I found where I can set the Watched Threads to display all of them, not just the unread ones (but only 10 at a time). It was in the red bar at the bottom in red font, so it was hard to see. :)

Under "New Posts" are there going to be options for "New Dish Posts", "New DirecTV Posts", etc.?

Under "New Posts" are there going to be options for "New Dish Posts", "New DirecTV Posts", etc.?
Not at the moment... This one is one they are getting a lot of flack for from others.

Use MultiView to create your own new posts. :D

I think Scott mentioned earlier that there is no option to change the number of threads listed in the "new posts" results page. This one bugs me because I use it almost exclusively. I am starting to use the "spy" feature though. That gives you a list of new posts in real time.

For this computer troglodyte ( I still have a hand crank on the side of my computer to get it it started) there isn't enough contrast for these old eyes. Of course I'll never be happy. Its may nature.:imconfused I was still trying to figure out vB, now I'm really behind the curve. . I guess like every new thing its a learning curve and I'll get used to it....eventually. I'm just lately getting comfortable with
sx64.jpg
:biggrin

Yeah, the contrast on the Dark style is starting to hurt my eyes...Default isn't much better. Either I'll get used to it, or other styles to choose from will be introduced.

Bear and everyone with vision problems like me, could you give a little more info on the contrast issue. Is the contrast on the post itself, the sigs, the info below the posts , the member info?

For me:

Using the default lay-out, the text seems to have plenty of contrast to the light blue field on both my computers and androids. The blue box around the post is a little light on my Mac display as opposed to my Windows 7 machine or android phone. The sigs, and info below the posts (date of the post and who posted or edited) is hard to read due to low contrast. On the phone the thread titles are easy to read, but the info below (last posted, and forum name) have the same contrast issue.

The contrast on the post text to the WHITE background on the SatGuys reader app is pretty low. It makes it hard to read for a longer period of time.

Hope that helps, Scott

Bear and everyone with vision problems like me, could you give a little more info on the contrast issue. Is the contrast on the post itself, the sigs, the info below the posts , the member info?

For me:

Using the default lay-out, the text seems to have plenty of contrast to the light blue field on both my computers and androids. The blue box around the post is a little light on my Mac display as opposed to my Windows 7 machine or android phone. The sigs, and info below the posts (date of the post and who posted or edited) is hard to read due to low contrast. On the phone the thread titles are easy to read, but the info below (last posted, and forum name) have the same contrast issue.

The contrast on the post text to the WHITE background on the SatGuys reader app is pretty low. It makes it hard to read for a longer period of time.

Hope that helps, Scott
I agree, the text showing the post author and time below the post is light gray in an off-white background, which is hard to read. Most of the pale pastel colors just don't mesh well with my eyes, and because many of the colors are all washed-out looking to me, the lack of contrast makes things difficult to parse.

I did best with the old SatGuys Black theme colors.

Sorry I'm piling on...hope you don't mind, Scott...

Is there a way to turn off the "click to expand" on long quoted text?

I agree, the text showing the post author and time below the post is light gray in an off-white background, which is hard to read. Most of the pale pastel colors just don't mesh well with my eyes, and because many of the colors are all washed-out looking to me, the lack of contrast makes things difficult to parse.

I did best with the old SatGuys Black theme colors.

I see what you guys are talking about but isn't it easy to see who the author of a post is by looking on the left side of the screen? The author's name is right next to their posts in big blue letters. Trying to see the time stamp might be a little tougher if you have vision problems though.

Yeah, the time stamp is more important than the author, IMO. The Joined: date stands out more than the post date, because it is darker. It should be the other way around, IMO.

Those are not controlled by the number of threads add on which you see in your preferences.

I had to go in there and hand code it to be 25. Is 25 better then 10 or should I turn it back to 10 again? :)

I see what you guys are talking about but isn't it easy to see who the author of a post is by looking on the left side of the screen? The author's name is right next to their posts in big blue letters. Trying to see the time stamp might be a little tougher if you have vision problems though.
How is it now? :)

Reactions: dare2be
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)