Welcome Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few of you sent over donations last night (thank you!)

I am going to send that money over to AnthonyG for all his hard work. He really did work 3 days fixing all the issues, from getting the remote access DRAC working again (which was an entire day job itself) to reformatting and setting up everything again, as well as dealing with me and answering all my stupid questions along the way. I am sure some of my questions pissed him off but I am not a unix guy, which is why we have him... (aka he knows what hes doing) :D

I know you guys are happy with the way things are running now, so if you wish to thank him for his hard work to get us running better than ever then I am happy to pass the hat for him. (Please don't feel you have to!)

I will collect and give him what comes in including last nights donations on Saturday.

If you would like to throw something in the hat for Anthony, please click the following link ---> Donate <---

It was a tough upgrade but I think we are in a much better (and faster) place now! THANK YOU ANTHONY FOR YOUR HARD WORK!
Thanks AnthonyG and you too Scott. I bet it was super stressful for y'all.

Thanks AnthonyG and you too Scott. I bet it was super stressful for y'all.

Got to be honest, I didn't sleep much from Sunday Night into Monday. I had that sick feeling in my stomach.

I almost called into work yesterday thats how bad I was feeling, but glad I did as I was able to monitor and restart service to try keeping us online.

There were times I wanted to jump in and help Anthony but felt it was best to let the pro do his work. And I am glad I did, as the things I would have done would have been wrong as it wasn't an issue with the Database server, it was an issue with the database.

Thanks to everyone who has helped pass the hat from Anthony so far...

Normally I would send a thank you to the PayPal emails but since the SatelliteGuys.US email is not working yet, I am unable to do that. (I can't wait until mail is working again.. I haven't had mail since Sunday Morning) :D

It was a tough upgrade

I"m confused. What was upgraded? Just the O/S?
At this time the site may be as fast as I can ever remember.

I agree, except way way back before Xenforo. Forget the name of that other forum software. But it really hauled ass on my old systems. Now I can't even use SG on my old systems. :(

Well the server seems to be running well. In reality all the big work is done. Email was a pain to get going as we were having SSL/TLS issues... but those are all fixed.

Thanks to everyone who have chipped in to thanks Anthony for his hard work as we "pass the hat". If you would like to thank him the link is here --> Donate <-- He worked now for 4 days... and the system is running great!

Here is a look at the CPU usage...

top - 23:01:57 up 2 days, 5:19, 4 users, load average: 0.13, 0.15, 0.20

Pages are being generated and delivered at around 0.0804 seconds. Thats almost the blink of an eye.

SatelliteGuys is the only thing running on this server... so we have lots of power here under our fingertips. :D

And the best news is we dont have to immediately move to Xenforo 2, although it will be something we have to do at some point. I plan on updating our test site, and fooling around with it again, and of course letting you test it and you can kick the tires. I know no one likes change, but with no support and for one of the things we are working on with DISH, we will need to upgrade.

Its been a long 4 days, and Anthony and I have spent a lot of time working on and testing things.

I am happy, and hope you are too.

Bed time for me.

Thanks for everything guys.

Well the server seems to be running well. In reality all the big work is done. Email was a pain to get going as we were having SSL/TLS issues... but those are all fixed.

Thanks to everyone who have chipped in to thanks Anthony for his hard work as we "pass the hat". If you would like to thank him the link is here --> Donate <-- He worked now for 4 days... and the system is running great!

Here is a look at the CPU usage...

top - 23:01:57 up 2 days, 5:19, 4 users, load average: 0.13, 0.15, 0.20

Pages are being generated and delivered at around 0.0804 seconds. Thats almost the blink of an eye.

SatelliteGuys is the only thing running on this server... so we have lots of power here under our fingertips. :D

And the best news is we dont have to immediately move to Xenforo 2, although it will be something we have to do at some point. I plan on updating our test site, and fooling around with it again, and of course letting you test it and you can kick the tires. I know no one likes change, but with no support and for one of the things we are working on with DISH, we will need to upgrade.

Its been a long 4 days, and Anthony and I have spent a lot of time working on and testing things.

I am happy, and hope you are too.

Bed time for me.

Thanks for everything guys.
Thank you and AnthonyG too. Site is running nice. Good job.

Reactions: JSheridan
Twice now when I posted a reply in a thread it popped up a red window that said something on the order of "Please post a legit message." or something similar but it posted the reply anyway. It doesn't stay on the screen long enough to read all of it.

Did it look like this?

upload_2019-7-25_1-36-59.png

Reactions: TheKrell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)